How much is 25g of paxo stuffing?

shelleylovesjelly

Please don't say "it's 25g!" hehe.

What I mean is, how big a blob of stuffing would that be? Heaped spoonful? I see on the website that 25g is 1.5syns, I'm trying to plan my christmas dinner you see and work out how many syns it will be in advance!

Do you mean dried weight or cooked weight?

A level tablespoon will be about 15g cooked weight (or probably slightly less as there will be a bit of air in it) - so 25g is less than two level tablespoons (and once you scraoe the excess off with a knife a level tablespoon is hardly owt :( )

I just made a pack of Tesco stuffing - the smallest 85g (dry weight) pack made 300g cooked weight which makes 20 tiny balls about 1.5cm diameter at 1 syn each. The whole 85g pack contains 19 syns. Hope that gives you a general idea :)

Hmmm, not very good value for syns is it, I'd rather have another pig in blanket I think haha. My boyfriend makes good home made stuffing (it's about the only thing he can make!), just getting his recipe and seeing if I can work out the syns for that!

His recipe is just breadcrumbs, spices and then water. He uses two slices per person, which makes enough "to cover a pork chop with a thick blob". He just uses mixed spice. I think I may well be using my healthy extra and having some free stuffing! Yay!

PS I've not tried it yet so I dunno if it's nice!

Hmmm, not very good value for syns is it, I'd rather have another pig in blanket I think haha. My boyfriend makes good home made stuffing (it's about the only thing he can make!), just getting his recipe and seeing if I can work out the syns for that!

Im not a fan of stuffing at all unless its mixed with proper sausagemeat :drool: which we only do at Xmas and tbh Im not counting on Xmas Day Dinner :)

But Im addicted to these stuffing balls! Theyre pretty rubbish on their own but I had them oin that Xmas soup and theyre divine, they soak up all the juices and taste like mini dumplings, real suet-ty flavour! :drool: So Im making masses and freezing them then I can just drop 3 or 4 in my soup or stew! :) Not bad for 1 syn each! :) Although I agree as just plain stuffing on their own they're not worth it.

His recipe is just breadcrumbs, spices and then water. He uses two slices per person, which makes enough "to cover a pork chop with a thick blob". He just uses mixed spice. I think I may well be using my healthy extra and having some free stuffing! Yay!

PS I've not tried it yet so I dunno if it's nice!

ooh that sounds a good idea! :) Let us know what its like!

Im not a fan of stuffing at all unless its mixed with proper sausagemeat :drool: which we only do at Xmas and tbh Im not counting on Xmas Day Dinner :)

But Im addicted to these stuffing balls! Theyre pretty rubbish on their own but I had them oin that Xmas soup and theyre divine, they soak up all the juices and taste like mini dumplings, real suet-ty flavour! :drool: So Im making masses and freezing them then I can just drop 3 or 4 in my soup or stew! :) Not bad for 1 syn each! :) Although I agree as just plain stuffing on their own they're not worth it.

Oooh that is a really good idea! Now what's this about xmas soup? Hehe!

Oooh that is a really good idea! Now what's this about xmas soup? Hehe!

There's a thread about it here

I did mine like I wrote in this post

6462195465_f636a43606_o.jpg

Yum! :drool:

Pete did it with pigs and blankets on top too! Might try that next time! :D

There's a thread about it here

I did mine like I wrote in this post

6462195465_f636a43606_o.jpg

Yum! :drool:

Pete did it with pigs and blankets on top too! Might try that next time! :D

OMG WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!!

THAT'S BOXING DAY IN A BOWL THAT IS!!

I am so gonna be making that!

(I think I just got way more excited about soup than a normal person should haha)

I love stuffing, once I've added the water I start nicking bits out of the bowl.

I am going to the carvery later and I know I will have at least 4-6syns worth of the stuff!

What a good idea :) Just searching for the value of stuffing balls for our Sunday roast, do I, don't I? I do love stuffing so may sacrifise 1 syn for 1 ball ;-) I will def be using your tip of putting them in soup or stew though! x

Back