How much is too much?>?

Hiya

How much is too much???

We have been doing green so far this week, am i eating too much? should i start to lower my sizes of meals? Do i eat too my free yogurts? (2/4 per day) Do i eat too much fruit? Should i be eating till im full and cant eat anymore??

The reason i ask is talking to the other half last night on the phone as away for the night with work and he says that his trousers feel tight, ive said wait and see to weigh in but im starting to worry ive been feeding us both too much.

He's been having Free Quiche with salad and rice for lunch plus yogurts and fruit.
Tea is something along the lines of wedges (Free) with egg and beans and maybe a quorn sauage or a free spag bol.....

Going to have a red day on Saturday, do a meaty picnic and head off on the push bikes only 9 miles lol lets hope i can still walk afterwards adn thank goodness its flat lol or if the other half gets his way it will be a night in blackpool, with lots of walking..... either way i dont mind as i need to walk to help lose some extra ;)

Sorry to have gone on abit and gone of subjet.

Thanks

Becci

I wouldn't say you were eating too much from what you have written. Do you have a food diary on here?
I did see something on the internet the other day about losing weight. It recommended that you do not eat until you are full or absolutely bursting, but instead finish your meal knowing you could have eaten a little bit more. I hadn't been doing this before (being greedy I eat until I am full!) but I am going to give it a try.

I totally understand what you mean, i've been doing extra easy the last 3 days and I find that I have been eating alot of stuff that I wouldnt be allowed to eat on other diets. Like for instance I have been eating maybe 2/3 free yogurts a day loads of fruit, potatoes, eggs etc.

Im kinda feeling scared for monday night when i get my first weigh in because i still cant fathom that you can eat all this and still lose weight, i guess only the scales will tell!

Unless you are absolutely sure the yoghurts etc are free food/hexa/hexb then you have no need to worry.

SW say to eat until full, i.e. you really shouldn't eat until you feel sick. ;) Believe in SW it does work.

What part are the country you in? Blackpool isn't too far from me I live in Preston.

As long as it's free food you should still lose weight! I do have a tendency to overeat, though, and came to a standstill with my weightloss because of it. I am doing the fast forward (strict one-week only plan) at the moment, and if it's taught me one thing, it's that I didn't need to be eating an extra 5 pieces of fruit between meals, as well as snack veggies, and my synned snacks, and 3 or 4 mullerlights - it's just too much food for me to continute losing weight.

Although mullerlights are good compared to other yoghurts, they're still about 100 calories each. By eating three of those, plus for example an extra 5 pieces of fruit (on top of the fruit and veg i was including in my meals and desserts), i think i was eating about an extra 500 calories on top of my three meals per day....

I don't think it matters if you have a lot to lose, but when you're getting close to target, it helps to be aware that even though free food is free, it's still food, so check you're actually hungry before you eat it! Hope this helps!! xxx

As long as it's free food you should still lose weight! I do have a tendency to overeat, though, and came to a standstill with my weightloss because of it. I am doing the fast forward (strict one-week only plan) at the moment, and if it's taught me one thing, it's that I didn't need to be eating an extra 5 pieces of fruit between meals, as well as snack veggies, and my synned snacks, and 3 or 4 mullerlights - it's just too much food for me to continute losing weight.

Although mullerlights are good compared to other yoghurts, they're still about 100 calories each. By eating three of those, plus for example an extra 5 pieces of fruit (on top of the fruit and veg i was including in my meals and desserts), i think i was eating about an extra 500 calories on top of my three meals per day....

I don't think it matters if you have a lot to lose, but when you're getting close to target, it helps to be aware that even though free food is free, it's still food, so check you're actually hungry before you eat it! Hope this helps!! xxx

I found that post really helpfull. Thank you x

Im worrying about this too. Im addicted to syn free cajan wedges. Ill eat them most days for lunch with a salad and i have quite a lot of them :-(

Hiya

How much is too much??? Eat until you are satisfied. Eating until you are stuffed is too much.

We have been doing green so far this week, am i eating too much? should i start to lower my sizes of meals? No. At this stage you shouldn't even be thinking about portion size. If you are nicely full then it's fine. You should not have to worry about portion sizes unless you are really struggling or approaching target! Even then, only for a small period of time.
Do i eat too my free yogurts? (2/4 per day) No - but try to eat fruit/veg as your first snack choice
Do i eat too much fruit? No - fruit is encouraged as one of the things to snack on.
Should i be eating till im full and cant eat anymore?? No - until you are comfortably full, not so you are stuffed!

The reason i ask is talking to the other half last night on the phone as away for the night with work and he says that his trousers feel tight, ive said wait and see to weigh in but im starting to worry ive been feeding us both too much.

He's been having Free Quiche with salad and rice for lunch plus yogurts and fruit.
Tea is something along the lines of wedges (Free) with egg and beans and maybe a quorn sauage or a free spag bol.....
This is fine!
Going to have a red day on Saturday, do a meaty picnic and head off on the push bikes only 9 miles lol lets hope i can still walk afterwards adn thank goodness its flat lol or if the other half gets his way it will be a night in blackpool, with lots of walking..... either way i dont mind as i need to walk to help lose some extra ;)

Sorry to have gone on abit and gone of subjet.

Thanks

Becci

Please see above in red. You really don't have to worry about calories, portion control or anything like that at this stage.

maybe along the road when you only have a few pounds left, or if you hit a plateau, then you look at substituting things like free foods for superfree and reducing snacks to superfree.

SW are trying to change the balance of meals by encouraging a third of each meal to be superfree foods and only snacking on superfree so it really is difficult to overeat.

Trust the plans and the weight will come off.

Im glad im not the only one feeling/thinking this.

Is it so sad that im looking forward almost excited about a red day tomorrow, so much planned to eat :)

Thanks xx

I'm glad someone posted & asked this..because I have exactly the same trouble.

I'm obviously a naturally greedy person & tend to overload on pasta, potatoes when making sw chips etc! So lately, when having pasta I've been trying to have 100g as opposed to just pouring some from the pack into a pan, if you don't have any scales my consultant told me that one shell is roughly 1g so, I know tedious, but count out 100 etc for things like pasta & with rice try to do a serving as it says on the packet etc rather than estimating..

I haven't yet been weighed since I've started doing this but I'll definitely let you know if it makes a difference. Free food is great, but I really feel if you're like me, lol and you sound like you are, full = bursting at the seams and still probably looking for more!

Best of luck

Siobhan xx

I'm glad someone posted & asked this..because I have exactly the same trouble.

I'm obviously a naturally greedy person & tend to overload on pasta, potatoes when making sw chips etc! So lately, when having pasta I've been trying to have 100g as opposed to just pouring some from the pack into a pan, if you don't have any scales my consultant told me that one shell is roughly 1g so, I know tedious, but count out 100 etc for things like pasta & with rice try to do a serving as it says on the packet etc rather than estimating..

I haven't yet been weighed since I've started doing this but I'll definitely let you know if it makes a difference. Free food is great, but I really feel if you're like me, lol and you sound like you are, full = bursting at the seams and still probably looking for more!

Best of luck

Siobhan xx

Please tell me that EVERYONE has scales?? To me they are the most important part of my kitchen - how else can you weigh out those HEX's?

That aside, I also weigh out 100g pasta per person but the only reason I do this is to stop me from cooking too much as I end up with tons left!!

I am a greedy person too, I always have been - I eat the biggest jacket spud, mountains of rice and pasta and I've always been fine!

Eek im guilty jaylou I have no scales!! I only use hex's that are grabbable because i have a 4 month old and am strapped for time so ive never really felt the need for them yet...! maybe i ought to invest though! xx

You really should, what happens when you want an ounce of grated cheese? Or if you have something that is synned by the 100g and you have 25g? (sweets or choc for example!)
They are a necessity hun!

Umm that is a very good point :) Although I never eat cheese its yucky....but I see what you mean. Rest assured its on my list of 'to buy's now and I'll be getting some at the weekend! Thanks for your feedback its appreciated xxxxx

I can't live without my scales!!

I am even taking me spare set to Spain with me on Saturday to leave in my boyfriend's mum's villa for future use!! How sad!! :)

Hehe you are obviously way more organised than me, to be honest I stick to me alpen lights/hi-fis/bread for B's and Milk for my A or laughing cow/babybel as I just dont have much time on my hands apart from now while hes napping hehe. But I WILL invest that way Ive got them for recipes etc :) xxx

Sometimes I have 'bloated' days where I feel my clothes are tighter and go on to lose weight.
also I was having a panic the other day as my jeans felt 'tight' then my partner reminded me i put them i dryer with daks instead hanging them out and apparently i jeans 'shrink' a little in dryer and through out day they'll feel compfy again.

I got some "diet scales" (they show individual grams rather than 25/50/75 etc) from wilkos when I started sw that cost about £3. Great investment in my eyes and I agree that weighing out things like pasta & rice is very helpful when trying (I'm still working on it myself!) to re-train yourself to see normal portions rather than supersize portions.
After a couple of weigh ins you'll see how much you are loosing and you can adjust the amount you put on your plate accordingly.
Good luck!! :D

ooh those diet scales sound good, might try and get some of those, i use the old style scales with weights at one end and the pan at the other, but they're not great when you're getting down to little amounts like 28g! x

Back