How much is too much?

Hi folks,

Short story about me, Im back on the weightloss wagon!! (are you ever off once you start?)
I put on a bit of weight when i went travelling a few years ago and managed to lose it doing the old discovery plan.

Well, im travelling again (Australia, Bali and Thailand) and the weight is creeping back on (gained about 8 or 9 lbs ) So here we go again!
This time giving the new propoints a proper go (tried half heartedly once or twice).

My question is exercise related....how much is too much!?

Iv been hitting the gym more than ever recently. I tend to do classes...Body attack, body combat, spin, zumba, etc etc...I try and go at least 5 days a week. And 3 of those days i do double classes (generally one in the morning and one in the evening)

Its all mainly cardio, no resistance - so i know i need to add some resistance training. But how much exercise is too much?

I feel great when iv done all that exercise in a week but is it possible that too much exercise can stuff up the weight loss? I know you need a good balance..!

Any advise would be great. Am i overdoing it?
Thanks

Sam xx

theres a few guidelines that I tend to follow

have at least 2 days break through the week, and try not to have them together - eg wed and saturday rather than sat/sun

No more than 2 hours exercise in 1 day, and not more than 1 hour of continuous exercise

But overall, listen to your body. If your joints/muscles hurt more than the aches of the morning after a session, you need to give it a break.. thats your body saying its had enough.

Really you can do what you want but its worth keeping your joints in good condition, not just for exercise, but for real life... trust me its a pain in the bum having crap knees :p

Back