How much time do you need

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Sam, 10 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

I was just wondering about the average amount of time which everybody needs to lose weight. I mean how much time do you think you will need/ did you need to reach your ideal weight? And for those who have already reached it what did you do afterwards? I mean when you stopped being on a diet did you gain weight again?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm on Lighterlife (a Very Low Calorie Diet) and they reckon about a stone a month average - however, I've lost 4 stone 5 in 15 weeks (averaging about 4 lbs a week). I think on WW they say about 2lbs a week average, so I'd work to that.

Diets like Lighterlife and Cambridge have food re-integration programmes to help you get back into eating, but choosing healthier options. Afterwards I'll be following a low-carb diet as I know carbs are my triggers, and LL recommend a low-GI diet for life (similar to low carb but with more carbs allowed). I think WW work out your maintenance points for you so you can carry on controlling your eating with the points.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive lost more than the WW average this past year but my target for the new year is half a stone a month.

I think its better to set a reasonable, achievable target & if you pass it, thats a bonus as opposed to setting the bar too high & feeling disapointed.

5. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

they say the healthy is 2lb but i def think that depends on size ,exercisexx

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Like everyone has said, it really depends on the person, their size, their activity levels etc. WW says the average loss is 1-2lb per week, so to be on the safe side I have gone with the average of those and aim to lose approx 1.5lb per week...that should in theory take me nicely to goal for the summer :)

As for when I get to goal, my plan is to continue with ww during the week and then relax over the weekends when OH is home - that way I hope to maintain, but it's only an idea at this stage and I have no idea weather or not it will actually work, lol. Will let you know when I get there ;)

7. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

yeah thats my plan as well when i eventually get there lolx

8. Sam

Sam Banned

I didn't know this 1-2lbs is the average amount which you should lose if you are doing weight watchers. So I guess I am on an average level too. Nevertheless I would really like to lose weigt faster. Are there any faster options? I mean except exercising more, because I really do this as often as I can.

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

You're supposed to make sure you use up all your points on ww, so really the only way to speed up your loss in the exercise I'm afraid.

The 1-2lb a week average really is only a guide - Starlight's losses have been far above average for a whole year, so each individual is different.

If you stick to your points and you do as much exercise as you can, then you'll lose the weight as fast as is possible on ww - you can't do better than that love :)

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did lose a lot more than the average but then I had a hell of a lot more to lose than the average. It has slowed down a lot now but its steady which is the main thing. Im aiming for half a stone a month now... anything more will be a bonus

11. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hey! Don't you be putting your fantastic losses down to how much you had to lose! You've lost your weight through sheer hard work and dedication...don't be giving the credit to anything else!!...YOU did that, it was down to YOU, nothing else ;)

sazzy34 likes this.
  12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

No need to thank me lovely - it's just the truth!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.