How much time do you need

Sam

Banned
I was just wondering about the average amount of time which everybody needs to lose weight. I mean how much time do you think you will need/ did you need to reach your ideal weight? And for those who have already reached it what did you do afterwards? I mean when you stopped being on a diet did you gain weight again?

I'm on Lighterlife (a Very Low Calorie Diet) and they reckon about a stone a month average - however, I've lost 4 stone 5 in 15 weeks (averaging about 4 lbs a week). I think on WW they say about 2lbs a week average, so I'd work to that.

Diets like Lighterlife and Cambridge have food re-integration programmes to help you get back into eating, but choosing healthier options. Afterwards I'll be following a low-carb diet as I know carbs are my triggers, and LL recommend a low-GI diet for life (similar to low carb but with more carbs allowed). I think WW work out your maintenance points for you so you can carry on controlling your eating with the points.

Like everyone has said, it really depends on the person, their size, their activity levels etc. WW says the average loss is 1-2lb per week, so to be on the safe side I have gone with the average of those and aim to lose approx 1.5lb per week...that should in theory take me nicely to goal for the summer :)

As for when I get to goal, my plan is to continue with ww during the week and then relax over the weekends when OH is home - that way I hope to maintain, but it's only an idea at this stage and I have no idea weather or not it will actually work, lol. Will let you know when I get there ;)
yeah thats my plan as well when i eventually get there lolx

I didn't know this 1-2lbs is the average amount which you should lose if you are doing weight watchers. So I guess I am on an average level too. Nevertheless I would really like to lose weigt faster. Are there any faster options? I mean except exercising more, because I really do this as often as I can.

Back