How much water per day?

Andy T

Guys, exactly how much water are we supposed to drink a day on a diet?

Also, i have never really understood this...why exactly do people on diets drink lots of water?

2.5l minimum but the bigger you are the more you need.
You drink more because you are not getting it from other sources, it helps make you feel full and keeps your body functioning smoothly and therefore losing weight more efficiently.

Last edited:
WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically
dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism
is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight
hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied
in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime
fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10
glasses of water a day could significantly ease back
and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger
fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math,
and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on
a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases
the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash
the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%
less likely to develop bladder cancer.

(This information was taken from the following thread: http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/58596-fancy-glass-coke-read-you-wont.html)

I am a big fan of water, I drink quite a bit whether I am dieting or not, simply because it tastes good (not out of my tap, bottled). According to my relatives and my husband I have a hollow leg in which to store it ;) . The truth is, though, I kind of crave it. I always have a bottle of water with me and I am always taking little sips of it.

I'm not a great tap water drinker - but really like sparkling water. Found that local Asda is doing their own brand 2L bottle of s. water for 15p! So have stocked up on those and try to drink my way through one/day!

and water helps to burn fat. I drink 8 pints a day most days.

I average 3 - 4 litres a day...like someone else says its fairly easy if you space it out. (you spend A LOT of time walking back and forward to the loo but its all steps on the pedometer ha ha ha)

xxxx

How much you should be drinking also depends on the diet youre doing. If youre doing something like WW, SW or Calorie counting etc you dont need to drink as much as someone on a VLCD

yep. Definitely depends on the diet. CD say 2.25L, think other diets and folk in general not dieting it's 2L.

Got a feeling LL leave it up to your own preference now...just drink to thirst or whatever, but could be wrong.

The majority of people need 2L anyway. Some need more.

i try to aim for 2l a day, but i have never been a big drinker, so i really struggle sometimes, i should really be having more than 2l cause i am quite big but if i get to 2l thats really good for me, especially when sometimes i would only drink a small glass all day!

8 Pints a day rain or shine, that plus several mugs of green tea during the day as well.

Back