How much weight can you lose in a day?!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Hello slimming minis chums! I am back from sunny Turkey and have had such a fantastic, chilled out time.

How are you all? What have I missed? Are you all at target and now all uber skinny size zeros?!?! ;)

I think I've gained about 7lbs! :eek: Well that's what my home scales tell me. OH and I have a bet on. He thinks 3 and I think 5...we will see at wi tomorrow. Totally worth it though. Food was ah-mah-zing. I have eaten more white bread this week than I would usually eat in a year lol!!!

I have a superspeed soup (which heavily features cabbage!) on the stove for lunch, I had fruit for brekkie and I'll be making a superspeed dinner too. I can't go to WI tomorrow and gain half a flipping stone in a week! LOL!

So...how much weight can I lose in one day?! Seriously....?! hehehe

Right- time to eat my soup and catch up on everyone's threads....

Glad to be back with you. It's amazing how much I missed the boards and your support.
Surprisingly glad to be back on SW too!!

Hellie xx

Errr.... half a stone easy if you chop off your arm!!

Welcome back chick, soooo glad you had a good time but good to have you back within the minimin's fold.

We've missed ya!

Ahh! *warm fuzzy feeling* Thanks chuckie egg!

I have eaten some incredible food, but it's so nice actually getting back on plan, thinking up some tasty, SW-friendly meals for the week and doing a healthy big shop. I pottered round the supermarket this morning stocking up on superfree stuff and really enjoyed it! LOL! Is that sad?

Nah, straight back on the wagon is the best place to go! Enjoy it whilst you are away but always good to get back to "normal". We miss all the good SW friendly foods after a week!! That's a good thing though I reckon!

Eeeeee cabbage soup?! From the Cabbage Soup Diet recipe?? Lots of dropping duvet bombs for you tonight methinks!!

re your hols weight, when did you get back? I weighed 8lbs heavier on my scales when I got back from New York, 2 sleeps and not even trying a jot to diet later, I was 6lbs down. I gained 2, not the end of the weeeerrrld like. Flying makes your body do weird things.

Though if you scoffed loads and didn't move much you might be in trub, but cabbage soup (eeeeeeeeee) will get it off again.

Welcome back Hellie! Nice to see you back, I hope you had a lovely holiday. Im sure if you have had a gain you will be able get it off in no time!

Good luck for tomorrow! x

LOL! No, I am not insane! I just made a huge pan of proper, hearty vegetable soup with loads of speed veg in it, including cabbage. I actually like the stuff! But yes, there will be stinkers later I'm sure... Mmmm attractive!

We got back last night and because the house was bereft of food, we had a Chinese! And you know, that whole 'technically still on holiday' excuse was totally valid. So I've got 24hours of today and 18 hours of tomorrow. I am actually not toooo worried about it. Whatever the result is, it'll come off again, but it's a nice thought that it's the flight that caused the gain! ;)
I actually giggled to myself when I got on the scales this morning. I didn't really care what they said but it was amusing rather than horror!

I was really quite active on hols. Swimming every day, lots of walking, some hard-core lounging around and I seriously exercised my eyeballs on several books.

Eeeeee cabbage soup?! From the Cabbage Soup Diet recipe?? Lots of dropping duvet bombs for you tonight methinks!!

re your hols weight, when did you get back? I weighed 8lbs heavier on my scales when I got back from New York, 2 sleeps and not even trying a jot to diet later, I was 6lbs down. I gained 2, not the end of the weeeerrrld like. Flying makes your body do weird things.

Though if you scoffed loads and didn't move much you might be in trub, but cabbage soup (eeeeeeeeee) will get it off again.

Welcome back chick! Glad you had fun and glad to see you back - missed you too!

Weight...well, when I did my little weigth experience on my home scales, my weight fluctuated by up to 8lbs throughout the day! Don't get too excited, this will be down to empty morning tum and after dinner tum...

BUT...when I got back from Tenerife I had 'gained' 5lbs but actually LOST at WI 2 days later...so it may not be too bad!

And besides, if it is bad news you know it can come off again and you enjoyed putting it on xxx

Good luck with the soup! My body's weird so I should stop weighing myself daily (but I know I won't) and have lost 8lbs in a day! (But the next morning several have reappeared so it must be water or summat!)

I say blame the plane (and not all the Turkish Delights you troughed)

Yerrrrs!

Turkish delight? No. None of that! Well, except the odd cube after dinner. I mostly ate cheese. Brekkie at the hotel was white bread and a turkish version of feta, with olives and tomatoes and cucumber. And I had a lot of aubergine. I was quite disappointed at the lack of fruit on offer. I thought there would be loads but it was basically just melon and not much of it...and pomegranate!

By delights I meant all your holiday treats. Fnar, my Funny Button obviously isn't working today.

I'm ill though, boo hoo sniff sniff. :(

Ahhh! Your funny button is fine hun, I think it's more that my funnydar is not turned on fully - it's too cold!

Glad to read that you are back Hun!!! The holiday sounds wonderful! I love Turkey...have been there many many times and agree the food is fantastic!
Good to have you back Hun, even if it will be a little windy at your house this evening!!! :)

Glad you had a nice time. I wouldnt worry too much about the bit of weight you have put on, you had a nice time and the important thing is you are back on the wagon again now.

Welcome back chuck. Our consultant says allow yourself 5 -7 lb increase on holiday if you only have one or two holidays a year. i would add to that and say as long as you enjoyed it your happy buzz should help you get back on track x

Hi ya, sooo pleased you had a good holiday and are back on track. good to have you back on the boards. Licking lips already at the soup, think its a must have for tomorrows lunch for me. xx

Glad you ahd a good time. I love that soup. I had some yesterday and today. Loads of reen veg, some bouillon stock, boil and whizz. I like it really thick, and still with bits. My Mum laughs it what the land girls going!!! lovely though.

Lynda

I actually giggled to myself when I got on the scales this morning. I didn't really care what they said but it was amusing rather than horror!

That's the right attitude Hellie! Shows you're locked in to the SW of thinking!

Pleased you enjoyed yourself, I thought you'd been quiet :p

Back