How much weight is not enough...?

Miss_G

On Monday i'll have completed 4 full weeks of being on Exante.
I know we all lose weight at different speed but to you - how much weight per week is not enough to make it worthwhile?

I had a good 2 weeks - a 5lb and a 3lb, but last week only managed 2lbs.. and this week so far theres only 1lb gone.
So when it slows to a rate like this - how long before it seems like its not really working that well...?

I'm definitely going to see it out till i've used what products i've got left but im wondering whether its worth the money if im getting such small losses.

What do you think?

I havent started yet, but I dont think you can count the money it costs really as you would spend that on food and rubbish anyway. (I would anyway!) :rolleyes:

I really hope you have a big one this week, to give you the boost you want right now xx

I am doing it for the big weight loss, and if it dont happen I dont think I could carry on, as hoping the big losses are going to keep me going

As you're doing ws I'd be quite happy with 2lbs a week. Where things started going wrong with me was when I was losing around 1.5lbs on ts. That didn't stop me though - I just ended up cheating left, right and centre after a few weeks of it. I know it can work though which is why I'm back to 100% again.

On Monday i'll have completed 4 full weeks of being on Exante.
I know we all lose weight at different speed but to you - how much weight per week is not enough to make it worthwhile?

I had a good 2 weeks - a 5lb and a 3lb, but last week only managed 2lbs.. and this week so far theres only 1lb gone.
So when it slows to a rate like this - how long before it seems like its not really working that well...?

I'm definitely going to see it out till i've used what products i've got left but im wondering whether its worth the money if im getting such small losses.

What do you think?

The main thing to remember is that the weight is coming off and not going on!
If you think you could stick to something like sw or ww then it may be worth switching but you will only lose 1-2lb a week on them so it wont be any faster.

By looking at your stats you havent got much to lose anyway which is probably why you are not getting such big losses.

Obviously its up to you if you choose to carry on or not but if it was me I would carry on while it was still working :D

Maybe you are not getting the big losses that some get, but 10.5 lbs over 3 weeks is still pretty good going, I'd say! I certainly wouldn't lose that amount on a conventional diet.
As already mentioned, maybe its because you don't have much to lose?

I'm in the same boat as you, not much to lose and I fear not much of a loss this week, if any! My weigh in is Tuesday and so far, ( I weigh everyday) I haven't lost a bean since last weigh in! This makes me more determined to stick with it though because I know it has to go at some point!
I am however thinking that maybe I need to add a meal to help me lose as I know from previously following Atkins that too few cals with not much to lose can have a negative affect. Have you considered eating a small low carb meal?

I suppose i have a different view....because i think that if your losing weight its got to be worth it regardless as if you werent dieting the weight wouldnt be coming off. To me £100 doesnt seem like a lot cos id normally spend more than that on food shopping a week for myself. If i was on WS id be happy with 1-2lbs a week cos i know you have to expect the losses to be lower, however if your not happy with that rate and think u could lose the same on a less strict diet thats something you need to think about :) Bear in mind u dont have a huge amount to lose so on a conventional SW or WW type diet you would be looking prob at a steady 1lb per week loss. Good luck whatever you decide xx

If you are indeed on WS then Exante say you can expect to lose around 10lbs a month so youre absolutely spot on with your wi's

If youre on TS then its around 14lbs a month...

You wouldnt lose 10lbs a month on any other diet either and £25 a week is great value :)

I think it's what you are prepared to put up with!! I know that this diet is tough and tougher still when the losses are slow. The feeling of "is it worth it?" becomes quite strong. I can totally relate

That said, you do not have much to lose so that could be the reason why things have slowed

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

xxx

Thanks for your replies everyone!

You're all right though. 2lbs a week is brilliant and to be honest, its not like its massively hard work. And I probably spend much more per week on food, so..?

Im off to the gym today.. I havent done any exercise for a while so i'll see if it gives me a bit of a boost. I HOPE it doesnt end up that I gain weight, as often happens. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support xx

Back