How much weight to a dress size?

AND SEE I BOUGHT A PAIR OF SIZE FOURTEEN jeans from there the other day and they were a bit baggy i think it's cause they outsource so cheaply and from third world countries the regulationds aren as stringent there so i wouldn worry hon.

My husband lost two stone over two years (all on his own by just cutting down) and went down from a 17 and a half neck/38" waist to 16 and a half neck/36" waist (ie) 'one size' - so I spose yes, it must depend on yr build - he looks so well and so different for the loss and like me, he goes to the gym every day - it really is a buzz, especially when you've done and you feel so good about y'self, which after all is what we're all on this planet for I guess .... keep up the good work peeps xxx

I dont think weight has anything do do with dress size...well not always. I weigh less than a friend of mine yet she is a 12! Im a 14! She is only very slightly taller than me too!

I'm kind of like that too....I have that stereotypical 1950's figure (if you know what I mean? :)), curves that is, and so sometimes trousers can fit everywhere by my hips! Frustrating, but I actually quite like my figure (now-ish lol), it's womanly :)

Mine so far is...

5ft 2in
size 24 = 16st 7lbs
size 22 = 15st 7lbs
size 20 = 14st 10lbs
size 18 = 14st 0lbs

I know when I am 8st 10lbs I am a size 8, but I am not aiming for that size now, size 12 will do, which will be around 10st

I really wish I had kept a record like that, it would have been good to look back on and judge it. You've done really well....you must be really chuffed!! :)

Camels toes, pyramids hahahahha you gals are hilarious!!

Ive gone from sz 24 jeans @ 21 stone to sz 18 jeans at 18st 8lb and Im 5' 9.

Struggling tonight tho, had some walkers lites (1/2 bag) before looking them up! 6.5 syns for a whole bag what a waste of syns - felt all cheated and wanted to eat the contents of the biscuit tin but have restrained myself so far....

Keep restraining! The benefits outweigh the crisps :)

I think we fair amused ourselves too on this thread! lol

K xx

I am 15 5 and when i was 13 6 i was wearing the same size clothes, size 16, albeit they were looser, but i dont look awful in a size 16 now.

I think it's quite amazing to see the impact that differing heights make on the size-weight ratio.
I was looking at Divvy's records and 15st 7 was a size 22 in her case (and she's 5ft 2 I believe) and I'm a size 22 now at 17st 4 and a half (and I'm 5ft 7)
It probably makes a difference where each person tends to store fat as well, I guess if you were pear or apple shaped it would make more of an impact on dress size.

It's certainly interesting to see people's views on it.
I'm gonna keep track of those who are about my height to keep me spurred on I think! :D

Dawna77 we are the same height 5'7". would definitely be interesting to see how the sizes are as we loose the weight. i find that i put my weight on around my thighs. I have some size 16 jeans that are really tight on my thighs but loose around the waist. i have tried a size 18 and although they arent as tight on my thighs, they swing round my waist. i also have big bingo wings (years of working with horses). For my legs though i have started using my cross trainer.

good luck with your eating plan.

Back