How much?

fatpossum

Silver Member
I know that 14lbs a month is more of less regarded as the maximum weight loss one can expect when using ss.

However I have lost more than that in the past and am desperate to do so again.

Have other people lost more than 1st in a month? I have 3stone to lose to get to a healthy BMI (all of which I lost before but managed to 'find' again!) :sigh:

Don't panic - I'm not thinking that I can rid myself of all the dastardly flab in a month just a bit more than 1st.

What do you think?

Today is day 1 (i.e. 'another' day 1!!)

Hi ya,

When I did the diet last year I only stuck to it for 4 weeks and lost 1 st 4lb, although I did have 2 meals out during that time but chose the healthy options. I also think it depends on how much weight you have to lose, I roughly have the same amount as you. Remember in your first week you tend to lose a bit more (which I think is mainly water) but therefore your first months weightloss could be higher than the months to come.

some people for example another member lost 1 stone in a week (yes kaszi im talking about you lol). dont focus too much on the weight loss just concintrate on getting through day by day and not cheating and you will do it. everyones body and weight losses are different.

Thanks Tahira,

Good advice no doubt however I am completely obsessed with losing the pounds - the quicker the better!

My big downfall is not so much food - ironically food doesn't interest me particularly - but wine!!

I particularly like the sparkling variety and "use" it as my end of day 'treat'. Once I've had a couple of glasses my resolve to eat healthily deserts me and I'll munch my way through whatever I can find! - usually just toast or a sandwich or some oven chips nothing very nice or particularly yummy.

If I don't drink wine however I can stick at it.

Maybe I should be on the AA site!! :eek:

We all have our little ways to unwind mine def was comfort food when all the kids went to bed.

I am on week 2 and have lost 9lbs, last year I dis ss solid for 8 weeks and lost 30lbs, in the first 4 weeks was about 1stone 5lbs roughly.

Good luck

I guess it's all down to individual bodies, starting weights and amounts to lose. I've been on plan 5 weeks and lost 2 stone 5 pounds, BUT, I had 12 stone to lose 5 weeks ago.

Even if you 'only' lose something like 6 or 7 pounds in the first week, that's a huge chunk of the 3 stone gone in only 7 days. After that, 2-3 pounds a week is going to see you at goal in no time at all (around 12 weeks tops, I'd reckon :D )

A (say) 7 pound week 1 loss and the next 3 weeks at 2 pounds is 13 pounds in the first month, very do-able ;)

Back