How often do you drop a dress size?

Have to say, I do love leggings for that reason too!

Though think they'll still be a part of my wardrobe at goal too.

I am hoping to be at 13 in 2 weeks which I hope should almost put me in a size 14.
March 2nd target is 12.7 and hopefully into a size 14!!!
It's been 6 years since I have been a size 14!!!! x x x

Don't think I've been in a size 14 since I was 14!! And if I work out how many years that is I'll be feeling very very old.....:eek: 27 years ago!!

New Look is the funniest for me, their sizes between their ranges are so different - pick up an 18 in their Inspire range and it fits about 3 sizes bigger than an 18 in their regular range - and that's in the same shop!

Yup their inspire range is different to their 'normal' range. It's crazy isn't it.

Hi everyone :) bear with me, just finding my way round the forum!!
I went into Next last autumn and bought a lovely pair of navy blue cord bottleg trousers. They were a great fit and really comfy, so a couple of weeks later I thought I'd buy another pair, didnt bother trying them on as didnt think there was any point. I'd only just gone into size 18s (from 16s :( ) so was happy to find something that was comfy. So, they were exactly the same trousers, from the same shop, just a different colour...and a totally different size it seemed too...they were really big and baggy in all the wrong places :( I was so gutted! xx

How often you drop a dress size comes down to how tall and how heavy you are and partly also on the shape of your body (where you genetically lay down the fat).

We also have to think about the surface area - 1 stone of fat will be spread a lot thinner on a really big body than on a thinner body. Therefore - the bigger you are, the more weight you have to lose before you see the dress sizes drop.

By the time I got down to 9 stone, 1 lb drops made big differences in how my clothes felt - to achieve the same at 18st I'd have to drop a hell of a lot more! :)

So past about 13 stone mark you'll start feeling small drops much more dramatically!

As for clothes.. I find I love to wear dresses, the flared kind - so as to mask my big bum with pretending it's part of the dress! :p Dorothy Perkins I've found to be pretty good with sizes, but their size 12's do stretch for a very long time...

Hmm I think I might of started bigger than I thought I was :/ hmm hmm hmm hahah :( I'm sulking now hahaha
Want to be a size 16 by my birthday so I can buy clothes in normal shops ... For my birthday haha got til the second week in April
Wonder if its possible :/

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hmm I think I might of started bigger than I thought I was :/ hmm hmm hmm hahah :( I'm sulking now hahaha
Want to be a size 16 by my birthday so I can buy clothes in normal shops ... For my birthday haha got til the second week in April
Wonder if its possible :/

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Sounds like your positive enough for it to be possible!!! X

Sounds like your positive enough for it to be possible!!! X

haha when I'm preparing my food or shakes i dance around and wiggle my bum and hips so i'm hoping it's gonna shake some sizes off a bit quicker hahahaha
No one has ever described me as positive, i think my happy pills have kicked in :D hahaha
xoxo

I'm still claiming baby weight for my fat. He is 5!! Pre pregnancy body is only 2 stone away. x x x

haha when I'm preparing my food or shakes i dance around and wiggle my bum and hips so i'm hoping it's gonna shake some sizes off a bit quicker hahahaha
No one has ever described me as positive, i think my happy pills have kicked in :D hahaha
xoxo

Sounds like a good routine!!!
There will defiantly be less and less to shake as time goes on!! Lol
X

I'm still claiming baby weight for my fat. He is 5!! Pre pregnancy body is only 2 stone away. x x x
can you do that ? my youngest is 3 next week haha ... I was a size 18 before pregnancies ... never been small...
i'm calling it all baby weight now though hahahah :p
xoxo

I started at 18 stone 6lbs in November and a size 24. I have lost just under 3 stone & can now fit into a size 18-20 depending on where I buy from so i have dropped 2-3 dress sizes!! Aiming for a size 12-14 so a few more stone to go!!!!

I started at 18 stone 6lbs in November and a size 24. I have lost just under 3 stone & can now fit into a size 18-20 depending on where I buy from so i have dropped 2-3 dress sizes!! Aiming for a size 12-14 so a few more stone to go!!!!
I have a feeling mine will be similar to this, you're only an inch taller than me ... hmmm
xoxo

I dunno if this helps, I'm 5'4 - and at 15 stone mark I was size 18/20 depending on brand. No idea about size right now, haven't tried any of my other clothes on.. will probably go through warderobe at 13st 7 to see what fits..

I dunno if this helps, I'm 5'4 - and at 15 stone mark I was size 18/20 depending on brand. No idea about size right now, haven't tried any of my other clothes on.. will probably go through warderobe at 13st 7 to see what fits..
I think that's near enough about the same as princesssappho
I can't wait til monday for official weigh and measure day to find out how much has come off so far haha then get the measurements for clothing sizes (for an average) to see how much more work I have left to do ... :')
xoxo

I started at 15 stone 9 lb and was a size 22/24. I'm now 12 stone 10 lb and a 16/18, an 18 is a little too loose but a 16 is still a bit clingy and I can't stand clingy clothes when they aren't meant to be, especially around my jelly belly and butt.

So I guess mine has been about 1 stone per dress size so far.

Back