How often do you weigh yourself?

twinkleboi

Happy Gay YouTube Star!
See, I used to weigh myself every single day and then I just stopped weighing altogether, hence why the weight crept up on me - as a new slimming world person, how often would you suggest weighing yourself? Once a week? Every day?

Once a week is best. As weight naturaly fluctuates causing false readings.

I however cannot stay off the scales for more than a day or too lol. It works for me though!
I need to see how the weeks loss is going, keep an eye on it. I have been really bad in the past at NOT weighing and then gaining and gaining :( You just have to remember to set a weigh in day/time for once a week, and only record that weight. All other readings are just for curiosity purposes :) xx

Never. I've stuck to the plan as best I can, and exercised regularly as best I can. I'm doing my best and am trusting that it will work in the long term. This has been the case since December 2010, and have gone down 2 dress sizes, and KNOW I am fitter and more toned.
I really can't be doing with numbers messing my head up. Those occasional small gains or STSs really did used to make it hard for me to stick to it. This works for me - I'm in it for the long term.

Never. I've stuck to the plan as best I can, and exercised regularly as best I can. I'm doing my best and am trusting that it will work in the long term. This has been the case since December 2010, and have gone down 2 dress sizes, and KNOW I am fitter and more toned.
I really can't be doing with numbers messing my head up. Those occasional small gains or STSs really did used to make it hard for me to stick to it. This works for me - I'm in it for the long term.

Ahh cool :)

You're a Cambridge slimmer too I see :)

oh I weigh my self about 4 times a day. Was washing my hands in a patients house and nearly stood on their scales out of habit!! Did read that frequent weighing keeps weight off but think mine is a bit excessive! Still I have the good fortune to forget what the last one was.

I only get weighed at the SW class. I don't think it's healthy to be jumping on and off the scales throughout the week.

I weight myself pretty much whenever I see the scales. I don't take much notice of the number though - I think my scales are broken - the only number that counts is my weekly one at group.

xx

Same as Stoo!

Only get weighed at WI. That way you have consistent scales. Anything else will either give discouragement or false encouragement subcosciously (or consciously) affecting your plan.

every morning to keep a check on things, but the only one that counts is the Wednesday SW WI!

I weigh myself weekly. Have tried it more regularly, but it just end up peeing me off. The ups and downs during the week are demotivating. It's the trend that counts!

I only get weighed once a week at weigh in or I think it would affect what I do in a bad way

What exactly are you keeping an eye on though? What the scales say is completely meaningless .

But to answer the OP, I never weigh - don't own a set of scales and never have.

What am I keeping an eye on? Well I like to see my weight go down for one thing and gives me time to correct before "proper" weigh in.
How are the scales meaningless? And how do you know you're getting anywhere if you NEVER weigh?:confused:

Daily, just to keep an eye on things :)

every morning to keep a check on things, but the only one that counts is the Wednesday SW WI!

Serious question(s)

What or why do you need to keep an eye on?

Just curious because I tend to be 100% and follow the plan religously (a few exeptions occasionally - i'm human - almost;))

By doing this I find no need to correct anything as it is correct anyway - at least that's the theory.

My scales in the house are used exclusively to ensure my luggage scales are never overweight, for the rest SW WI scales keep me honest;)

I only weigh in at SW night, did try our old bathroom scales when I started but never got the same reading twice!
Question, are SW scales calibrated ever?

And how do you know you're getting anywhere if you NEVER weigh?:confused:

The number to me is meaningless. I now measure my success by what is important to me.

I've dropped 2 dress sizes
I feel healthy
I 'generally' feel in control of my eating
I am fit and exercise is now a pleasure not a chore.
I no longer feel repulsed by my body

Admittedly, these changes took time. That meant I had to trust what I was doing. I knew that I trust the plan. I also knew that I need to exercise. I knew these things WITHOUT knowing the numbers on the scales. I can now see and feel that I'm getting somewhere.

Simples.

Back