how often should you be weighed

poppy100

Silver Member
Hi, new to the site. started on tablets in december , how often should you be weighed? i have looked at various posts and it seems that folk seem to be saying not daily, which to be honest is what i am doing. practice nurse only sees me once a month and it seems a long time to wait. any advice?:confused:

have just seen my post and it includes weights from a previous time and i have put stones on since then. cant remember how to remove them either :mad:

Hi Poppy & welcome! I am weighed at the Docs 4 weekly but weigh in at home once a week officially although I am a scale hopper (well til hubby has taken them & locked them in the boot of the car!!!

I am a recovering daily scale hopper addict.... Get weighed at dr's monthly and on own scales weekly

thanks to you both. i am a real scale hopper. at my worse i can go on twice a day. my real problem is my scales have shown a loss of 9lb in 4 weeks which i am really pleased with but according to the practice nurse i have lost 2kg - 4.4lbs.
but if i go by the nurse i am only weighed monthly. will go by my scales for now hoping it all catches up ok. they are weight watchers scales so should be accurate. this is just one of sooooo many diets have done so a bit sceptical

To change your statistics go to User CP at the top of the page, I'm on my phone so can't see why you need to change.

don't think there's any right or wrong!.. its what ever you comfy with! i get weighed at the doc's when i go for more tablets, but on occasion he gave me a 3 month prescription!.. a weekly chart on your signature "as i have done" worked for me.. i take a deep breath and creep on every sunday morning.. but saying that if ive had a couple of really good days i tend to have a sneaky peek! lol ..
think obsessing and scale hopping would be "chinese water torcher".. best try and get on with life..
just to say i once went to a different doctor and his scales showed a 7lb difference "and not in a good way".... he wanted to stop my xen, after a right struggle he finally went and fetched some other scales!!!... "oh how doctors don't like being proven wrong" .. :~/

Last edited:
oh my god sammyd really? so when he got another scales did it show he was wrong? and what did he say lol? x

To change your statistics go to User CP at the top of the page, I'm on my phone so can't see why you need to change.

thanks. i have managed to get rid of my previous weights but am still working on a new tracker.

don't think there's any right or wrong!.. its what ever you comfy with! i get weighed at the doc's when i go for more tablets, but on occasion he gave me a 3 month prescription!.. a weekly chart on your signature "as i have done" worked for me.. i take a deep breath and creep on every sunday morning.. but saying that if ive had a couple of really good days i tend to have a sneaky peek! lol ..
think obsessing and scale hopping would be "chinese water torcher".. best try and get on with life..
just to say i once went to a different doctor and his scales showed a 7lb difference "and not in a good way".... he wanted to stop my xen, after a right struggle he finally went and fetched some other scales!!!... "oh how doctors don't like being proven wrong" .. :~/

thanks. will continue to weigh regularly but will decide on a definite day each week!

Kayee said:
oh my god sammyd really? so when he got another scales did it show he was wrong? and what did he say lol? x

short story got me xen!.
doc I saw is a young know it all and just kept harping about how much they cost!..
I'd just finished a 3mths prescription so had lost enough loss to cover that 7lb with ease, he was just trying to be cleaver!..
I'm like a bloody dog with a bone and wouldn't let go!.... lol

Back