How often to you have a slip up?

Just out of interest, how often do you slip up?

Once a week, every few weeks, never?

How do you find it affects weight loss that week?

Five weeks in, and haven't slipped once. After years of dieting, I know that (for me) one slip is the slippery slope to more slips, and ultimately to giving up the diet, so I don't allow myself any slips at all. I want to get the total food replacement stage out of the way once and for all, so it doesn't make sense to delay its completion by eating off-plan.

I have had one meal out in that time, for which I developed a plan in advance (and stuck to it). And I had a small amount of smoked salmon at a function where it would have caused offence not to have taken something that was offered to me. But both of those were in my fourth week, when I was supposed to be adding extra food each day, and they were in accordance with a predetermined plan and within the Low Calorie Week limits, so they do not count as slips.

Twice, though, I have forgotten (or simply not had time) to have my third pack of the day. Which is suppose is a sort of slip.

There are slips and there are slips, though. Bear in mind that Working Solution (adding a low-carb 400-cal meal each day) is a valid alternative to Total Solution, and there is only a small difference in average weight loss. A slip may not have a huge effect on weight loss either, but for me it has a knock-on effect on my motivation and determination. If I allow one slip, what is to stop me from allowing another, and another, and another?

I've eaten from the beginning so don't feel like I have had any slip-ups really? I most probably eat daily, but I have stayed away from carbs generally. Most people seem to have a little slip up from time to time, but I think you just have to get back on it the next day. Most seem to say its not worth it too trying to get bcak into ketosis ;) x

First four weeks, not a blip, fifth week started having a few slides ham here and there, this week lost the plot and ate a 200g box of truffles. Miraculously have stayed in ketosis but am heeding my own warning and back on TS 100% today. Not going to make that mistake again, otherwise what's the point?!

Thanks for the replies!

I am 3 weeks in and have had a couple of days where I wanted to eat and had a bit of meat and stayed away from carbs, I am a bit worried as I am out for dinner on Wednesday and will have to be very careful with my choices. It's something I can't miss unfortunately. Hoping it doesn't affect me too much though!

Well done mimble. I think choosing carefully is about all we can do when eating out. I'm staying in a hotel soon and breakfast, lunch and dinner is provided! That's going to take every ounce of my willpower and resolve to get through. If we can limit the damage by keeping it low carb, then I think we'll have done ok, considering :)

I had a slip last night (1/3 of a pizza but previously would have eaten the entire thing plus sides and dessert!) but I didn't enjoy it and am quite angry that I slipped. Ultimately it will do me good because it has put me off slipping again. I've got 2 birthdays coming up (my son's 1st and my sister's 30th) where I will probably have something but that's planned for. I want to keep doing TS until my birthday (6th August). If I slip again, I'm just going to get straight back on it the next day.

That's the thing isn't it moochie? We don't always enjoy the food when we cheat anyway! That's the annoying thing. At least when we plan something we can enjoy it. Spose it's the same old thing, if we always plan properly we'd never have a problem! Well done on putting yourself straight though honey, that's just the attitude you need to succeed! x

Exactly. I think where I've totally failed at diets/exante in the past it's been because I've slipped and then just given up. I need a massive foot to kick me up the arse to get me back on it! I've been good today though, we'll quite good, I forgot to eat my packs so had to have all 3 for dinner! Now I'm totally stuffed! x

I have to remind myself to eat cos I don't get hungry either! I've not done a VLCD diet before, or TFR, and I must say I love it! I've never been so motivated. Don't know if its the totality of it, the low carb benefits or the quick results, but even after a wee cheat I'm back in the zone instantly. That never happened on WW! Ever. One slip and that was it. Guess that's why I never lost more than a stone or two and it took long arduous months!

Back