how often?!

Was just wondering if anyone on here weighs themselves once a month or just goes by measurements etc? My scales are driving me nuts so am really considering getting rid and just going by clothes instead x

That may not be a bad idea. I have heard that, especially for people who are on high protein/fiber diets or are lifting weights, that it is best to just go by measurements and how your clothes fit. :)

If the scale discourages you but you are still prepared to make all attempts to lose weight and get fit, then put it away for a while and use a measuring tape. (This may be a pain too if you become bloated at that time of the month, but many people do prefer it nonetheless.)

Weighing yourself just once a month could be a good idea. Do what you feel best doing. We are all behind you. :wavey:

That is exactly how I do it. I know some people need to see the scales going down but on the other side of the coin can't cope when they don't and then give up. I was a scalesaholic so have gone cold turkey and use my clothes as a guide........it works for me. Good luck xx

I'm going to join u Bernice & go cold turkey! I've set myself a goal of not getting on them now for 28 days! This is possibly the scariest thing I've done 4 a while!!! X

It truely is the best thing I ever did. The one thing I have learned after years and years of yoyo dieting is that to be obsessive over anything is very, very unhealthy. Good luck I'm sure you will be fine xx

We have a hoot thread for every day you avoid the scales. I try not to weigh very often, I can't deal with the bad days and beating myself up cycle very often. The scales taunt us all chick - good luck.

Im a scaleaholic lol. Self confessed! I will only be officially weighin in on a sunday but i know myself that i will be a daily weigher. It keeps me motivated. However i know that weighs goes up and down on a daily basis so i dont get too discoraged if there isnt mch of a daily difference! Whatever you feel best with is the best thing to do for you :) xx

Im a scaleaholic lol. Self confessed! I will only be officially weighin in on a sunday but i know myself that i will be a daily weigher. It keeps me motivated. However i know that weighs goes up and down on a daily basis so i dont get too discoraged if there isnt mch of a daily difference! Whatever you feel best with is the best thing to do for you :) xx

I am with you babystar, i confess also ;)

Its quite sad but its one of the first things i do in the day. I only weigh once a day....when i wake up. Sets me up for the day lol. I wish i had the willpower to leave it til official weigh in day and get a nice surprise....but i just cant do it haha x

I was exactly the same, was hopping on & off of them all the time but it was driving me mad so this morn was my 1st morning without them & it feels really good. It's totally what is best for u though I agree. X

I weigh twice in a day, so bad! As soon as i get up, and then before i go to bed as for some strange reason i am always lighter in the evening?? It doesnt bother me if i sts or gain aslong as i know i have been good, as you know you'll start to loose again x

Yeah thats it! I dont weigh at night cos im always heavier at night....and because i strggle more then if i was to see a gain at night id probably think "bugger it" and cheat LOL.

I only weigh once aweek, otherwise if I fluctuate too much, losing too much, too little or staying the same every day it totally demotivates me. I know I am most likely to see the true change in my weight if I only weigh myself every 7 days. I would do it less often but I'm too nosey ;-)

I'm a daily scale hopper, not sure i'd be able to go a month, weekly maybe lol

Back