How rude :P

Lady Mhoram

I went to the cinema with a friend I am doing SW with last week. I was good and brought some snack a jacks and cheese curls with me to keep within my syn limit. My friend had a large full sugar coke, large nachos with cheese sauce and a pack of malteasers. She also had a big plate full of buffet food at a wedding we attended at the weekend.

She weighted in today and she lost 2lb. I will probably lose 1 when I check tomorrow.

Why is my metabolism so pants in comparison??

She may show a STS or gain next week.
Sometimes it's like that and any "naughtiness" only shows the next week.

We are all different with weight losses, and there are many factors that influence.
Don't worry if you are slower than your friend. As long as you are losing, you'll be just fine!
Just keep being good!

she probably hasnt eaten anything else all week!!
i have a friend very similar....i think that she makes out shes eating a lot more than she actually is so that i might give in and do the same...
which i dont. im being really sensible (like you are by the sounds of it) and i know that if u r on a diet you shouldnt really be eating stuff like full fat coke, nachos etc...its not gonna work is it!??!
i believe in everything in moderation, and at the end of the day who is more likely to stick to the diet or even when at target less likely to put it straight back on again...YOU! cause you are doing it the sensible way - having a treat but not going mad!!
Ignore your friend, if she is managing to eat rubbish and still loose weight im sure it will catch up wih her soon!!!
Good luck!!! xxx

Thats just poo..

Hunny, sometimes people are just lucky like that, but you should be so proud of yourself for sticking with plan, and in the long run you will be the one to shift the pounds and keep them off i can asure you that.

I have a friend, who joined sw with me 3 months ago. Since she joined, shes gained almost 7 pounds. and has only lost on odd occasions and puts it back on the week after. Now listen, The thing is.. she says she sticks to plan, but she doesnt keep on top of it.. and thinks that if she eats somthing naughty for tea, because shes not eaten allday, then its fine and will work. Also, she looks at the 'naughty' things i eat, and thinks she can do the same.. a little bit extra colslaw here,.. a dessert there... and thinks she will loose like i do. What she forgets is that she eats far more crap on a dailey basis, and if i chose to 'treat' myself or have a few extra syns, its because im close to target, and iv worked darn hard for just over a year to shift 4 stone 5 pounds. She doesnt appriciate that at all. One day she'l eb able to shift wieght and treat her self appropriatly, but not untill she learns her body, masters the plan and works hard for it.

She should be lucky, that after over 4 years of friendship, we were the same size when we met, that when she weighed in, she was still 3.5 stone lighter than i was when we started, after eating ALL the same things for the entire time of our friendship. We spent all our time together before becoming settled with our current partners, and are both guilty of thinking 'well if she can go to maccys for lunch, its ok if i do too' .. she should count herself lucky she had less weight to loose, and despite being a size 16, yet theres only a stone difference apart now, and im a size 10-12 she doesnt need to lose half as much i did to be a healthy weight and the same size as i am now.

so, although its a different dinamic, i think you can proberly see what im saying. Its all about life change, what you put in is what you get out.

she may loose that 2lb now, but if she isnt as dedicated as you, then you'l be the biggest looser in the end .. *hugs* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It all comes out and it's true, it may show the following week! Sometimes when you've been EXTRA good it doesn't show in that week.....but the following week it's great!!

Hugs:)

Jenny, it will soon catch up with her, because she lost 2lbs she'll think she can keep eating the same way, but her body will be against here next week, she'll be lucky to STS.

You carry on as you are doing and you will 'win' the race, and then you will be grinning from ear to ear, LOL...X

She may show a STS or gain next week.
Sometimes it's like that and any "naughtiness" only shows the next week.

We are all different with weight losses, and there are many factors that influence.
Don't worry if you are slower than your friend. As long as you are losing, you'll be just fine!
Just keep being good!

Thanks hun. I know you are right and I am happy as long as I am loosing weight - it's just so fustrating to have to be so strong all the time. If I even think about coming off plan I gain! I am really pleased for my friend, because I know this means a lot to her and will give her a confidence boost. I just wish the same laws of sciecne applied to my body!

she probably hasnt eaten anything else all week!!
i have a friend very similar....i think that she makes out shes eating a lot more than she actually is so that i might give in and do the same...
which i dont. im being really sensible (like you are by the sounds of it) and i know that if u r on a diet you shouldnt really be eating stuff like full fat coke, nachos etc...its not gonna work is it!??!
i believe in everything in moderation, and at the end of the day who is more likely to stick to the diet or even when at target less likely to put it straight back on again...YOU! cause you are doing it the sensible way - having a treat but not going mad!!
Ignore your friend, if she is managing to eat rubbish and still loose weight im sure it will catch up wih her soon!!!
Good luck!!! xxx

You're right about sticking to it. I was more than happy with my snack a jacks (the berry ones - they were so good) and felt all the better for knowing I was being good.

I hope my friend does keep the weight off, because I want her to feel good about herself. I don't want it to be a competition between us at all. Although I do worry she might give in too easily, but I didn't want to say anything incase she thought I was being funny.

I suppose I don't really wish I could get away with things like that because I'd only end up slowly falling back into my old ways. Thanks for the advice.

Does she weigh alot more than you? If so she will get away with more. Is she young (gnash!!!!!! Young members seem to be able to cheat and get away with it!) As someone has said has she eaten anything else this week! I'd see what she does next week before I had any malevalent thoughts :grumble:

Does she weigh alot more than you? If so she will get away with more. Is she young (gnash!!!!!! Young members seem to be able to cheat and get away with it!) As someone has said has she eaten anything else this week! I'd see what she does next week before I had any malevalent thoughts :grumble:

Yes, she has a bit more to loose than me. It would be nice if we hit target together, so I guess if she always looses 2lb and I loose 1 we will be pretty close.

I really want her to do well, and I don't want it to be a race. I just wish the rules worked in the same way for me too. To be honest if I could get away with it I may be tempted to do it too, but that wouldn't make me healthier or encorage me to stick on the plan once I reach target so I guess I should be glad of the motivation!!

It's even worse that I thought. I stayed the same this week and my friend text me to say she had fish and chips for dinner last night!

I'm going to a BBQ tonight, so a bit worried about that, but am going armed with Quorn burgers and Snack a Jacks popcorn for dessert!

mine is pants to i have to be good all week to lose half my friend can eat crap and lose half but the moral of the story is im lighter than her now

Back