How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to do SW at home. :) I'm finding this site really helpful, although I struggle to understand and get around it. Only problem is I think I'll spend so long 'surfing' it I'll forget to eat!!!!:p

EE.... I understand that you can have 1 A and 1 B. I was wondering if you have 1/3 of superfree foods and meat would you have to syn if you want potatoes ? just learning how this EE works. Joon

Thanks for the explanation post Squiddie, I went to my first class last night and your post has clarified a lot of things for me!

extra easy

I am just trying to get my head around EE. Someone told me that on EE you do a 3 meal a day eating plan.I have read you post above and find it so much help.
Question a have is this....
Is my friend correct in as much as you have 3 meals a day and if you want a snack it would have to be fruit or something from your syn count. On red and green plan if I had cooked chicken in the fridge and i was peckish I would eat this. Is this still the same on EE ?
thanks... Joon

SW recommend that your first choice of snacks should be superfree foods (fruit and most veg) but that doesn't mean that you can't have free foods. You might find that your losses aren't as good though. I think you also need to ask yourself why you are so hungry that you need to snack on chicken and perhaps you need to be having more at meal time.

Also you don't have to stick to three meals a day, you could have more, smaller meals if that suited better.

heeey :D i started SW about 3 weeks ago (my 3rd week meeting is tomorrow) and although my losses up til now have been good this week ive plateaued i think which is annoying becaus ei always seem to get to this weight and itll stop. however i think SW is working for my so ill trudge through and hope next week is better. Ive been trying to think of reasons why its not come off this week and was wondering if its because ive had to skip alot of meals this week (much to my annoyance im very much a 3 meal a day person but uni have ran us ragged and i genuinely havent had the time)

i know this sounds silly too because everyone at our meetigs are lovely but im afraid to go because i havent lost anything. i know im being silly :(

(im doing this alone so i thought id put it down here to get it poff my chest to people who might understand :))

Just keep in mind that this is a long term thing that you are doing for the good of your health. Life doesnt stay steady and you shouldnt freak out if one week doesnt go to plan. It is normal to have fluctuations anyway. Just keep at it and do your best.

While I am here though, I just made a relatively syn free bolognaise, *with the exception of a couple of tablespoons of puree that was required for flavour* and I cannot for the life of me understand how I can eat this freely and lose weight. I used frylight spray for the onions and garlic and beef, and it is absolutely delicious, but how can something so nice, and so usually calorific, be beneficial?

That was great advice!

And to answer your question SW works because you fill up on foods that have a high satiation in relation to their calorie count. In simple terms you get more bang for your bucks. And because you feel fuller for longer you are less likely to snack on high calorie foods. For example 300 calories of chocolate wouldn't keep you satisfied for very long, you'd probably soon be reaching for something else. Compare that with how long 300 calories of wholemeal pasta or lean meat would keep you satisfied. So you see all calories are not the same!

And looking at your meal how many calories are really in it? I won't count because we don't do that on SW but you had an onion, garlic, tomato puree and some extra lean meat. Not that calorific surely!

No, probably not. I had a smallish portion of pasta, and there was also cherry tomatoes and peppers in there but overall, I guess it wasnt that high. I am just used to thinking in terms of beef and sauce being high cal, but when you cook it in next to no fat then I guess it becomes a lot more healthy!

I'm new to the forum although have had minimal experience of slimming world before!!! Determined this time to finally crack it and your advice seems a great starting point for me. Thank you so very much! xx

just joined this week so thanks for all the advise

I joined SW a few weeks back but have not posted here before. Looks like it'll take me a week to read through all the info on here, much better than the SW website.

Good luck all

Lula x

Great advice and info on here. I was trying to research what the deal with SW is (i was a member about 5 or so years ago but it seems so much has changed). Looked on SW website but the information, i found, was quite limited. Did a google search and found this place and so glad i did. I'm going to be joining a SW class in a couple of weeks so know will get lots of info there but at least i've got a head start. Many thanks to all. X

Hi, thanks for replying, welll its all a bit overwhelming, its all going over my head at the minute. i am not sure whether not to start with the ee plan or green/red days. i have quite a bit of weight to loose, was thinking 4stone, i just want to maximise the weight loss. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yoohooo!!

Hi folks!

Well I am now giving SW a go since CD wasn't working for me. A pal at work has lost a huge amount of weight very successfully with SW and I am hoping to do likewise!!!

Went to first class this evening...got my little card, got weighed a mahoosive 206.5lbs (why do I always increase my weight after stopping a diet!!)

Loving that I can eat pasta to my hearts content (which is quite a lot!!) and it's all FREE!!!

Totally forgot to ask for the password...in all the excitement, so will have to wait till next week to get onto the lifeline thingy...which is cool...I want to give FREE FOODS a go for an entire week without resorting to SYNS and see how I go....am going to test these free foods to the limit...lol :eek: I have a large overeaters appetite to try and satisfy and curb!!!

I love that I can eat and lose weight and I am TRYING to be realistic that I can't drop 6lbs in a week on this, but I am hoping that the weight will still come off nicely each week.

Thanks for listening!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back