How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fantastic thread!!

This is a great thread! I'm not entirely new to SW having done it before but then gone on to WW, but i am new to minimins (joined this morning).

I have a question about the great signatures that everyone seems to have - how do you get the tickers on and the slimming world award icons?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thx

:sign0163:

Hello all,
I am new to slimming world and started on Monday. I am not going to the groups and am doing it on my own, this unfortunately leaves me with some questions that the book doesnt always awnser.
The first thing i have noticed is that i am eating more than what i was before and that makes me feel as though it may not be succsesful, however before slimming world i was eating lots of bread, butter, biscuits and crisps. Instead of having breakfast i would have crisps etc.
As yet i havent synd at all, it is only day three though!
A few niggling questions.... on a green day are ricenoodles free?
I have heard that mug shots are free foods on green days is this true?

It confuses me slightly as prior to slimming world i was under the impression that carbohydrates do not aid in weight loss and therefore eating lots of potatos and pasta is so new to me!!

I much prefer the green days, can you do one week green one week red or do you have to daily alternate?
Im of to the cinema tonight and it is going to be difficult not getting lovely popcorn!

Sorry if this seems very bitty but all new to me and a few little questions.
Thanks Lorna x

Hi Lorna and welcome to SW! Don't worry about asking questions.

I agree with you, I eat more now than I did pre-SW but what I eat now is high quality food and not empty calories. You should really be having your syns though. Not having them won't improve your losses and many people actually find it slow them down. A minimum of 5 a day but try and aim for 10. And don't forget that it doesn't have to be sweets and treats, it could be ingredients for your meal such as cocounut milk, pesto, olive oil etc.

As for your questions:
- dried rice and noodles are both free on green/EE. The ones that come prepared in packs or fresh tend to have syn values.
- some mugshots are free on green/EE - check out the thread in the sticky section of the syn values sub-forum for a list.

Carbs have definitely had a bum wrap recently but your body needs them to work properly. I do all green as I'm a veggie so it definitely works. But some words of wisdom would be to base your meals around the fruit and veg rather than the free foods, go for wholegrain rather than white pasta/rice, don't have the same free food at more than one meal a day, and remember that there are lots of free foods at your disposal not just pasta, rice and potatoes so aim for variety in everything!

Good luck!

Hi all,
I am planning on joining slimming world classes with my boyfriend in August and I presume they will weigh you on your first visit. My boyfriend is quite heavy and when he went to his doctors surgery the other week, they had to send him away until they had obtained suitable scales. As he is embarrassed about his size and wants to follow slimming world classes, do any of you lovely people know if their scales have a weight limit? or if I need to contact the group leader and ask if they have suitable scales? I just don't want that he get's disheartened at his first visit, as he has already taken a huge step to wanting to change his lifestyle.

Thanks for all your much appreciated help

Hello!

The best thing is to find the group you want to attend and give the consultant a call and explain your suitation! They are very friendly and understanding and I am sure she will find an answer for you on your OH.

Good luck with it and remember to keep coming back to Minimins as its a great forum for tips and advise! ;)

thanks very much really helped , i am a newbie and am inspired to go on

Hi everyone!! Another newbie here!! There isn't a club on the Isle of Man so you MiniMins is my club now!
I have ordered the books from ebay and can't wait to get started when they arrive hopefully tomorrow!

I did SW years ago and have failed on so many diets over the last few years but I am quite determined this time -fingers crossed!:)

hey!

I've been slimming world for 5 weeks now, and always on extra easy. I want to try green and original but I'm confused about the differences.

Could anyone show me a day on original or a day on green?

Any help would be great thanks

xx

hi again! My books have still not arrived (and no message from ebay to say they have been dispatched) and I am desperate to start the diet so can someone please give me a quick n easy run down on the rules for red and green days (forget the other one!) I just can't quite remember what goes with what...rice and pasta - red or green lol.

Oh and the sin value for vodka and white wine too please!! lol

Thanks soooo much!!!

You'll need to read the first post in the thread - that has all the info you need to get started.

Vodka is 2.5 syns for a 25ml measure and wine about 6 syns a glass

Hi
i am Australia , i just brought the optimising book and free foods book . but i cant fully comprend what to do yet ... i cant find anthing on heathy extra's and what extra easy about ... i understand green days and red but not extra easy could someone help me pls .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back