How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
i am Australia , i just brought the optimising book and free foods book . but i cant fully comprend what to do yet ... i cant find anthing on heathy extra's and what extra easy about ... i understand green days and red but not extra easy could someone help me pls .....

If you look at the beginning of this thread it explains Extra Easy, and Red and Green days. To be honest you're probably better off reading this thread all the way through first as most of your questions will be answered...then get asking again if you haven't found the answer to a specific question you have. Good luck!

Great thread by the way!

Thanks for this. You've answered all the questions I had left after wading through the BodyOptimise website for several hours!!!!

Hi Natt, what a fab post, Ivee been doing SW plan since 1st March 2010, I am not doing so well , but I strive to continue! I am following green plan as I am veggie and cannot eat meat/fish. I have lost half a stone, but have regained every single pound, I do not know why as I have stuck to plan religiously, measuring weighing and counting syns. But ive not had all my syns. I am on flax seed capsuals and cosd liver oil as I do excersise every day, weights and walking. This has been stressing me out so much not having any losses, Ive been to class every week and stopped for image therepy, I stopped potatoes, bananas,no change! -I even drink more than 2 litres of water a day, I seriously think it could be the stress factor as it has been getting me down. When things dont go to plan and your putting in 20000000% it good to know that its not my fault its out of my control . I can manage what goes in my body, but cant control how my body responds.

This has made the plan dead clear! Especially the calorie breakdown for Syns, think that will be the one thing that will stop me from sabotaging myself.

Cheers!

Great thread. New to minimins (joined today), but not to SW :cry: Got all the books from when I joined earlier this year, and doing it without going to class this time due to work commitments. Advice on here will certainly help.

I'm new to the forum & so glad I've found you. I've re-started my SW journey last week after a few years of messing with it on my own. I need the discipline of going to group. This is a great thread & I now have a much better understanding of EE. So thanks to all on this thread. I shall use this often I think. Geri

The reason peoples weight loss slows down, or they start to gain when the try not to have any syns, is because the body isn't getting enough calories to function and goes into starvation mode and hold on to everything - what you've got and what you give it.

great advice and a great thread, thanks for taking the time to write it, well done you. :)

Great into. Just a question what does happen to muscle when you have been training for years e.g. running then you stop - it does seem like the muscle has turned into fat.

What a geat post...
I have done SWbefore but am fairly new to EE, 4 weeks now and it is much easier and really seems to work even though it seems to break many of the rules back in the early 2000´s of Red and Green, but hey, theyre´s always room fo improvement.
You have gathered all the information and presented it so we can all understand. Thanks a bunch.

Fab advice :) This post is what made me join this forum :)

Great into. Just a question what does happen to muscle when you have been training for years e.g. running then you stop - it does seem like the muscle has turned into fat.

No it doesnt turn to fat as they are different things

When you work your muscles they get bigger and when you stop they get smaller again. If you eat more calories than you use then it is laid down as fat

Thanks for this :)
I find red and green days are best for me with the occasional EE :D

Thank you so much for all the information and taking the time to write it. I joined Slimming World 20/07/10 and have been feeling quite demoralised as I have only lost 4 1/2 lbs so far - though I am due to be weighed tonight. I have found it hard to understand why I havn't lost more and I am now considering doing green and red days as well as EE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back