How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
great post, very helpful for a newbie such as myself :) xx

Hi! Another newbie here! Sick of bein the fat friend and sick getting fed up counting points on WW I started SW on Tuesday last! Love the plan- Doing the extra easy and I love it! Thanks for all the great advice! :)
Good luck to everyone! We can do it!! :p xxx

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for starting this thread. I have literally just started Slimming World and to be honest, I'm finding all the information a bit overwhelming (I'm hoping that's the same for most newbies - either that or I'm a just a bit slow).

This is my first ever proper attempt at a diet, I've tried to start my own one before but I've normally deprived myself for a few days and then given up and binged on crap and probably put on even more weight.

I'm currently 11 stone 4.5 lbs and my target weight is 10 stone and I plan to get there for Christmas. I love my food and I know that I'll never been a skinny minnie - but to be ten stone and to be able to wear skirts without tights and strappy tops without having to cover up with cardigans and to feel confident in a bikini, would honestly be the best christmas present ever!

Thank you for listening to me!

Hey i'm a newbie too, it is a lot of info and i think me not able to get to meetings aint helping me much too. As there is so much i need to get my head around. haha xx

Some great pointers and advice. Thank you.

Another newbie here and like Katypants its my first proper diet as well. I do love EE though and i'm looking forward to a weight loss journey with you all.

Thank you for that great info. Easy to understand. Will help me i'm sure. Was a bit nervous about starting but now I have read your post, it all seems simple enough! Thanks again.:eat:

Hi Natt

Feeling a bit fed up, been at target now for a while, had lost 4stones up until putting 6lbs on in a week in June ...have battled since then losing one maintaining, gaining one etc ....still above target. Last week did the fast forward (which was worse than Weightwatchers) and lost 2 lbs (feel it should have been 7lbs at least !!)..tonight I put 1 and a half back on after going back to week 1 my consultant said after last weeks purge the weight should have dropped off as in the first week of beginning the diet... I really am struggling ... leader said to try the 75% super free and 25% green or red each meal...feel a bit lost and fed up

Cathy xx

Excellent post!!!!! Found this very helpful!!!!

Good morning,

You sound like you know what your doing!
I have just gone into my 4th week a little disappointed:
Week 1: -4lbs
Week 2: -1.5lbs
Week 3: - 1.5lbs
I go to a step class 3 times a week. I am a vegi and have a green day every day. I don't have my syns but people in my class loose more weight than me without doing any exercise and I follow the plan 100% :mad:

Thank you Natt!! this is a brilliant thread x

Re: Slimming World Advice for New comers (Including Extra Easy)

Thanks for this thread it's great I've just read it from the very start, fab info and so clearly explained
Can I ask, if I have beans and toast for my breakfast in morning, so I need to eat superfree food too like some fruit?

Thanks for this thread it's great I've just read it from the very start, fab info and so clearly explained
Can I ask, if I have beans and toast for my breakfast in morning, so I need to eat superfree food too like some fruit?

Yes you do.

However, if you were just having toast (or any other HEx B) you don't need to add any super free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back