How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prehaps adding them into meals? For example, a tbsp of oil is 6 syns, ketchup salad creme, mayo etc are all syns, cheese is 6 syns for 1 oz. Be careful as not all quorn products are free.

I hope that helps a little.
Natt xx

thanks Natt. I may try adding some cheese into my jackets or spuds as a start. I think i should also look at some of the recipes online. For the first two weeks Ive avoided any which have syns in them, but think this might be best way to go rather than filling up on carp each evening!

Kat
x

I try and save most of my syns for weekend because for me that's the hardest time. It's nice to have the feeling that I can have a few drinks and a takeaway without ruining my weight loss completely.
I'm doing Extra Easy and I've lost 3lb the first week and 3.5lb the second week doing it this way.
Our consultant said it perfectly ok to do that and he does the same.

I joined Slimming World last week so my first weigh in will be tomorrow! Hav'nt been on the scales all week so really dont know how I will do! I hav'nt used any syns except for Saturday night when we had a dinner function but it wasnt too bad as I had melon followed by lamb, roast potatoes etc and ooops lemon tart! Just had one alcoholic drink which was gin and slimline tonic. I am trying to be careful with the syns the first week and will probably try to save them for the weekends also. I agree come Friday night it seems harder I suppose its a matter of breaking bad habits. Struggling with the Extra Easy though as I dont really like veg so have mixed red, green, and EE. Fingers crossed its a loss tomorrow.

I'm planning on a green day tomorrow, it's my first as all the other days I've been doing extra easy since I started. I've just been reading you can either pick once or twice from the A's - does it make a difference if you pick 2 or is it better to stick with 1?

It makes no difference at all as HEs are not there to boost weight loss but rather to ensure you have a nutritionally balanced diet. So have 1 or 2, whatever you prefer or want to do.

Circes said:
It makes no difference at all as HEs are not there to boost weight loss but rather to ensure you have a nutritionally balanced diet. So have 1 or 2, whatever you prefer or want to do.

Thanks I've been doing it a few weeks but still learning :)

if my sw consultant was anything like u i think i wouldv been a sexy size 10 lol/////// this post was defo worth reading i cant wait till ive got enough post to private msg members.... im gonna be ur first stalker lol//// thank u soooooooooo much xox hugss xox

Can I ask please, I've done SW before, but never the extra easy, so I just wanted to check, is it ok to eat Muller Light on the EE plan as a snack? (it used to be ok when I was doing the green/red). I know most snacks are meant to be super free foods, but I know too that most Muller light are free, but I am a bit confused and don't want to jeopardise any good the plan may be doing for me.

I would usually just have one a day, but two if I am really craving something sweet - I'm not a big lover of fruit but I am trying to eat more, so I do struggle a bit in that respect.

Thank you for your help!:D

You are supposed to try and make superfree foods your first choice for snacks but that doesn't mean that you can't have free or even synned foods for snacks. As long as most of your snacks are superfree then the odd one or two free foods will not make a difference.

I did the SW diet in 2008 (first diet in my life and thought it would be the last!) I didn't know it had changed, thanks for the info!

Hi There , just joined your forum and am looking forward to all the advice and tips. It will take me a few hrs to get used to the site but I look forward to speaking to you all x

I'm A Newbie!

Hi Everyone

Please could I join your blog?

I'm new to SW after having done WW on and off for years and never got any slimmer.

I joined SW on Monday night and am determined this is the last time I will join a slimming club - I have to do it this time!!

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
:)

glad i read this now cos iv just been usin my free food and not usin the HE or havin syns.. im gonna try usin some tomorrow after reading this :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back