How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra Easy is so stupendously easy that you can't help but wonder how it actually works. I remember my first day of SW, my friend and I walked back to hers and went through every book we got with a fine comb and just stared at each other in stupor "Pasta?! We can eat pasta?!!?" I've been with them 10 weeks and lost so far 1 stone 4 lbs (weight in today, lost 2 pounds) so am well chuffed considering I am very seldom hungry. :)

Hey guys, great to see what everyones up to, I lost 3 stone on slimming world 2 years ago its started to come back and i would like to nip it in the butt before im back in size 16's, joining a class on weds, still got all my old books, extra easy sounds interesting!

It is today that I decided to get my feet on the right track and lose those stones I gained in the last few years. This is post is exactly what I need. It surely gives you a lot of information for a new starter like me! Thank you Nat!!!:)

Thanks for the helpful advice!

I'm going to set foot in my first ever SW meeting tomorrow. Dreading it just a little, but I need to confront this extra weight head on and take steps to tell it to get lost :)

Having read around the board, I feel that SW is the way forward, and while I might be dreading it, I'm also a little bit excited! :wee: It seems to work so well for loads of you, and I've been really impressed at your losses.

Me next please!

L
x

Thank you very much for this great explanation. It really helps me to stay focussed by rereading the guidelines.

Sheila

fantastic info ! now i know why i didnt lose in my first week .....cutting back on my syns didnt help ! can i "save " my daily syns for the weekend ?

fantastic info ! now i know why i didnt lose in my first week .....cutting back on my syns didnt help ! can i "save " my daily syns for the weekend ?
Nope, you can't. If you think about it, you are entitled to a certain amount of syns per day (a certain amount of calories). If you haven't used them, you move on to a new day's allowance of syns. That is to help you to lose weight, otherwise you'd be binging on a ridiculous amount of calories (most probably empty ones) in the weekend!

Ah right I was only asking as sometimes I'm so stuffed on free foods I don't really feel the need to use my syns
I know, to good to be true sometimes! I no longer crave cheese or bread and those 2 were the biggies for me. Sweets were never my thing, so it wasn't much to give up. Just keep yourself fed on good stuff and the weight will drop off. :)

Yeah I do sometimes think that ! But tonight I'm full off tea but I needed something sweet/chocolaty to "round" my tea off so I've just had a tablespoon of nuttella and a warburtons orange and cranberry pitta just so I could use my syns . But oddly enough I haven't craved the usual copious amounts of cheese that I have on EVERYTHING !

Yeah I do sometimes think that ! But tonight I'm full off tea but I needed something sweet/chocolaty to "round" my tea off so I've just had a tablespoon of nuttella and a warburtons orange and cranberry pitta just so I could use my syns . But oddly enough I haven't craved the usual copious amounts of cheese that I have on EVERYTHING !
I think as you eat cleaner, the less your body will crave, sugar is after all very, very addictive (nutella is my heroin so I never have a jar at home). Just have to imagine how incredibly hot you will look when you hit target. :D

Yeah I know I can but to be honest I'm quite boring when it comes to dressings etc... The nearest to a dressing or sauce I get to is mayonnaise or sour cream bit I see what you mean .

I'm doing SW from Oz and that explanation has made it so much clearer, I was getting all confused trying to take it all in online. I have come doing Weight Watchers and think i've been a little bit brain washed with the whole 'points' thing over the years. 3 stone to lose, lets hope this works for me:) Jo

Hi all,

I go on my 'no frills' holiday next week and then on my return 31/10/2011 I am starting the SW plan - I dont have much money so can't really justify going to a club - at the moment I'm saving for a house and wedding in no particular order!!

I am borrowing my friends literature from the class she attends but if anyone has any hints or tips to get me on a good start I would greatfully appreciate any help that you could offer.

I wish to succeed this time as everything else I've tried in the past hasn't worked.

Thanks muchly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back