How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

This has been really useful - I did really well on SW a few years ago and kept the weight off for a long time but slowly it's crept back on and I have struggled to get back into SW so have tried WW's and general calorie counting but I can't get on with having a limit on what I can eat - it makes me want to eat more!!

I have always just ready these posts and not got involved in the conversations but I hope that between helpful posts like this and if I get more involved with everyone on this site I will be get back on track and lose the weight again :)

x

Great post, I'm fairly new and this has made things so much clearer for me, thank you!x

Fantastic, just what I needed! Thank you.

hi all! I started SW about a month ago and have lost 6 1/5lb so far (had a eat everything week, threw me back a bit) but this is a very handy thread to just remind yourself what you are doing :)

Very informative! Thanks :)

As everyone has already said....very useful and very easy to understand.

Thanks.:)

Hi, thanks for a great thread, but can i ask what might be a very stupid question?? I joined tonight, and am looking through all my books etc. I am Ok with red/green as i've done those in the long distant past, but I'm trying to get my head around EE.
I'm a veggie who eats fish, but not meat. My question is, when planning daily menus, am I right in thinking i can have a breakfast of maybe a B (cereal/toast etc) plus fruit to give it 1/3 free food, then I could have a "red" lunch of maybe salmon & salad, and then a "green" dinner of pasta or rice etc with 1/3 veg?
What i'm trying to say is, does there have to be red & green elements in each meal, or could I have a red meal & a green meal in the same day??
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, as long as I have only 1 A & B HE, and do the 1/3 rule, but I just want to be sure!
Apologies if this has been covered before...there's so many threads/posts here to go through!
Here's hoping someone can spell it out to me......duh!
Looking at it the way

Hi all...im joining this morning and not going to be able to do a shop until ive read the books properly...can you recommend a breakfast & lunch so I dont skip brekky as usual & have a maccies at lunch with choc snacks inbetweenm

Thanks folks xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back