How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have fruit to make up your 1/3 it is best to eat it before you eat what's on your plate, so you fill up on the sf before eating the other 2/3. That way if your to full to finish your meal you won't be leaving the sf.

I've lost 1st 7lb in 5 weeks following EE but I don't always have super free foods with my meals or even after but eat plenty of fruit through the day. Generally I have fruit & yogurt breakfast, lunch maybe salad or omlette or night befores left overs :) and dinner any EE recipe from lamb hot pot to Spag bol...
Just see what works for you best, if your weight loss slows down then try more super free foods :)

Nikipinknickers said:
This sounds complicated :(

Im planning to start a sw class in march ... Please reassure me its not so difficult once you get our head round it?! LOL

Its really not. Im a mum of two and even both my kids eat all my dinners. Its easy to get your family involved my only advice would be write everything down. I still do that now and I've been doing slimming world 2 months. Love love love it :)

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

they are two completely different entities, it would be like a can of coke spontaneously turning into a puppy – it won’t happen!!

That has amused me to no end :8855:
Granted if my extra bits could turn into toned defined muscle, and the bottle of diet coke I have in the fridge could turn into a Dobie pup - I must confess...I'd be thrilled :D
x

Our consultant told us to have 1/3rd superfree with every meal if following ee. If you really dont want the veg on your plate (I am fussy with veg) then have your superfree eg melon starter before your meal. The idea is that you are a little full before your meal thereby exercising portion control.

heey .. im thinking of starting slimming world, ive done it a few times before but for the last few weeks i've been doing the dukan diet. Im really struggling on it now, finding it very boring and hard to stick to, i'm just worried if i now switch to slimming world im going to gain before i loose anything? does anyone know if it would be ok or have any advice?

Hi.
Could you help and clarify some things for me. I've done slimming world in the past, but ee is new to me, and I'd like to give it a go. I'm doing the diet online, and have been reading posts about it on forums. What I'm not clear on is the 1/3 superfree with each meal.
On the website, slimming world give menu plans, and in a couple of the plans there are meals without superfree added. For example, one lunch suggestion was spaghetti hoops on toast, and nothing else suggested, like there was with the breakfast and dinner menu's for the same day. So, What I'm thinking is, is it superfree when you're using free food from both red and green days? or was the choice of superfree being left up to me ?
Sorry if I seem a bit dim. And sorry if this has been asked before.

:)

On the EE plan you do have to have 1/3 superfree with EVERY meal but I don't think this is the case for red/green day people so it could be the menus you're looking at are for red/green plans. This isn't to say you can't follow them, just tweak it for EE by adding your 1/3 superfree and remember to stop eating when you feel full up.Hope this answers your question?!? X

Thanks Kaz200581
It was in the EE section that I was looking in. But I'm happy to have 1/3 of superfree with everything as I'm a big veggie and fruit lover :) I do do red and green days. I'm an old slimming worlder, and ee is new to me, but I want to give it a go as it suits my OHs eating habits more, and he's dieting with me :)
:) x

SW actually recommend that you have one third superfree with each meal but they recognise that some meals just do not lend themselves to it. So if the occasional one doesn't have superfree then it really is not the end of the world. I couldn't find the menu with the meal you are talking about so can't comment on that particular one.

Thank you :)

I was looking in the planned menu's, just browsing, where they put menu suggestions for each day, and one of the lunch suggetsions was just speghetti hoops on toast with no superfrees, so I was just curious really :) I would follow that with fruit or a salad normally anyway because I'm a fruit/veg person :)
:) x

THANK YOU!!

I recently re-joined slimming world, but I have not been able to get back into the weight loss. I am 3stone lighter than when I started but now i'm at a wall. I've joined here to get that extra bit of support.

Your post is just the support I needed. xx

Id like some gentle advice please, if you don't mind. Im an old SW'er who loves red and green days. You will know how old because I say Red and not Original!!! Anyway, I want to follow EE as I like the flexibilty of mixing red and green, so to speak. What I cannot manage is 1/3 plate of veg with each meal. I manage my food, plain with no sauces or extra sugars and all fat free. Thenan hour or so later Ill have fruit. I love fruit! Veg is one thing i struggle with save for onions, mushrooms, peppers etc. Am I going to drastically fail if I dont eat piles of green veg per meal? Im not sure if the 1/3 of SS food is there as a filler or for "5 a day" purposes (I take a daily vitamin tablet). If thats the case, Ill have to go back on red and green days as I successfully lost 3 stones on that regime before without piling my plate high with veg I utterly dislike.

Ive got to say, Im not keen on my SWC becuase we are on a facebook group and everytime I suggest a recipe she immediately says you need to add 1/3 SS with that. I am eating apples, bananas and strawberries with yoghurt, though but don't want to back chat her. I understand its her job but its starting to feel like the gestapo :(

I hate to sound so whiney but really Im not. I just want to experiment with EE but without eating veg that I just will not manage. :(

Cheers, folks x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back