How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1/3 rule was only ever meant to be a guide to boost losses, and would in all honesty probably really optimise them if you were looking to lose fairly rapidly! However, I've always been an EE girl and I haven't always applied the rule to every meal, and I lost over 5 stone and achieved target (slowly but surely over 2 years- the way I preferred to do it) ! I think that as long as you don't have huuuge portions of carby stuff and youre still getting your superfree foods in, then you'll be OK! See how your losses go and if youre not seeing the results you want THEN maybe it'll be something to review! Don't forget, veg doesnt have to be green stuff- it can be the veg content of a casserole/stew/curry/chilli, or you may wish to try a cottage pie topped with mashed swede instead of potato- sometimes its about being a little imaginative and trying new things! If you're seeing the results doing what you're doing, great!XxX

I havnt been always having a third superfree with every meal, and no it doesn't need to be piles of green stuff I don't think. Like funcurls just said, you can 'hide' veg in stews and soups. I just had a bolognese but made with quorn mince as thought I'd try it, but had loads of mushrooms and onions in it also so probably got my third superfree there and it was so tasty.

Also if you're eating your fruit, I would say you're doing ok. I too eat lots of fruit, the speed fruits like pineapple and strawberries. But we can't be expected to eat what we really hate!! Like melon is a really good fruit, but I hate it.

If you're losing weight, keep it up as it doesn't sound like you're doing badly at all hun

I hate to sound so whiney but really Im not. I just want to experiment with EE but without eating veg that I just will not manage. :(

Cheers, folks x

I spoke about this with my C at our meeting as I struggle to eat fruit and veg, prefer veg to fruit but she says as long as gett 5 a day and getting 1/3 of superfree in comparison to the rest of your food for the day in one way or another it is OK. I have only been doing this for a few weeks but I think that the 1/3superfree with every meal as such is so you eat this 1st and feel full up quicker thus reducing portion sizes. I dont have 1/3 with every meal but I do snack inbetween with fruit now!!!!!

thank you, ill just fill up on fruit and roasted onions/mushrooms/peppers. I do like broccoli from time to time and green cabbage (when it doesnt taste like its been stewed for 4 hours on end!). I guess im just not a salad girl.

Hi there

This is probably a bit off topic but can you please tell me what you used to measure out your fat loss picture? I'd love to get one and put it on my phone for when i'm thinking of heading for the treats!

Thanks

Hi there

This is probably a bit off topic but can you please tell me what you used to measure out your fat loss picture? I'd love to get one and put it on my phone for when i'm thinking of heading for the treats!

Thanks

Hi

I just googled pound of fat & checked the images as I had seen it on someone elses profile!! Also look up You Tube and '5lbs of fat lost' - This will also give you motivation x

Really secular thread, thank you

Secular??? I think I meant useful

Since February 2012 but only really getting into it properly now as taken me a while to take it all in what the plans all about, thats down to me really not absorbing all the info and not being truely ready but In that time up till now i have lost my 1st stone so I imagine my journey from now is going to be really exciting if I am going to have a lot more knowledge and ideas "under my wing"! :) x

you are doing well do you have a favourite plan i fancy the extra easy sounds good i will also be doing zumba bought dvd to do at home lol x

Well done Boofle! I havn't really looked at the other plans much to be honest but finding extra easy to be the best option for me as I do like my fish and recently chicken again! lol..I also did Zumba from home but just as I was getting into it ( I keep getting pains in my joints that I've had for some time but now I'm getting it in my arms and it makes it harder to work out much but hoping the pain killers i've been subscribed help so I can get back into it. Although I cant dance I still get a work out trying!! lol
I'm sure if you stick with it you will start getting into it and I just have to keep reminding myself that if I want to lose the weight then I need to play my part in it and help my body out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back