How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you so so much for the encouragement! :) I've actually been religious about keeping a food diary and I write down every single thing I'm eating and logging every Syn - I'm doing this so I know I'm sticking to the plan 100%. Maybe I'm just a slow-starter, well done on your amazing two stone loss, that's inspiring! Thanks for coming back to me, was feeling gutted! Cheers and good luck on reaching your target! xx

Being due on for your period can cause bloating and water retention, you can tell when people are on by looking at ther weight slow on week then have a big loss the next week - sure if will balance out and you'll get the loss you want next week :)

Wow, thank you so so much for the encouragement! :) I've actually been religious about keeping a food diary and I write down every single thing I'm eating and logging every Syn - I'm doing this so I know I'm sticking to the plan 100%. Maybe I'm just a slow-starter, well done on your amazing two stone loss, that's inspiring! Thanks for coming back to me, was feeling gutted! Cheers and good luck on reaching your target! xx

Please try not to feel down hun (easier said than done i know) the main thing is not to give up. You are already set for success by writing everything down and sticking to the plan. It DOES work, i promise you :) Give yourself time, don't beat yourself up and you'll soon start seeing those naughty pounds dropping off.... Honest ;-)

Yes periods are those little blighters which every woman having them on s w will identify with as being weight loss sabatours!!!!! Stick with it and you will have a fab loss the following week. It does work, I lost 2.5stone on S W and have been at target 13 months. Keep the faith and you will be so rewarded! :)

Yes periods are those little blighters which every woman having them on s w will identify with as being weight loss sabatours!!!!! Stick with it and you will have a fab loss the following week. It does work, I lost 2.5stone on S W and have been at target 13 months. Keep the faith and you will be so rewarded! :)

And yrs ago when my children were small, i went from over 11st to 8st 4lb, having tried so many other things, SW was the one that really worked ;-)

No not at all! In fact that will boost it even more - do you have the new pack? If so, the meal you just had is called 'success express' where you have 2/3 superfree and third free. I often eat meals like this as I'm vegan and I find it does really give you a boost.

Oh goody! Thanks for that. I was a little worried because I know the emphasis they put on the Hex a's and b's. I do have the new 2013 pack, obviously I need to read it better.

Yesterday's mainly SF day was overtaken by the mainly F day today. So i guess it all evens out in the end.

Generally curious now, as a great lover of animals products, as a vegan, how do you get all the nutrients and stuff you need? Lots of pulses and veg?

x Becca

Protein from pulses, beans, tofu, nuts etc
Calcium from calcium enriched soya milk/yogurt etc
The rest can be found in all your fruit and veg - a lot if vegans look a bit ill and get anemea but I take extra care to get the right balance naturally, and has been shown in repeated blood tests that all my levels are extremely good :) not interested in popping pills as I have a lot to take for my allergies so take care to eat super good foods :) only thing that can be awkward for vegans is getting B12 which is found in fish/meat, there's loads of it in marmite which luckily I loooove but some vegans have to take supplements if they don't like yeast extract.

Success express is at the back of the main book, not to be followed all the time but great for a boost - you should still have your hexb's though they are super important!

Protein from pulses, beans, tofu, nuts etc
Calcium from calcium enriched soya milk/yogurt etc
The rest can be found in all your fruit and veg - a lot if vegans look a bit ill and get anemea but I take extra care to get the right balance naturally, and has been shown in repeated blood tests that all my levels are extremely good :) not interested in popping pills as I have a lot to take for my allergies so take care to eat super good foods :) only thing that can be awkward for vegans is getting B12 which is found in fish/meat, there's loads of it in marmite which luckily I loooove but some vegans have to take supplements if they don't like yeast extract.

You learn something new every day! Thanks, I always wondered.

Glad to be of service :)

I've been wondering.... I found a box at the back of my cupboard called Kilo Off, it's sachets of stuff that you take each day that are supposed to burn fat, drain toxins etc. how do these fit in with SW diet? Are they best avoided and if you CAN take them how many syns are they per sachet?

I've been wondering.... I found a box at the back of my cupboard called Kilo Off, it's sachets of stuff that you take each day that are supposed to burn fat, drain toxins etc. how do these fit in with SW diet? Are they best avoided and if you CAN take them how many syns are they per sachet?

Hey not too sure on that sort of stuff, I don't take them myself. I searched the database and couldn't find the syn value - but if you send me over the ingredients and any calorie/fat amounts etc it has on the sachet then I can input it manually to find out for you? It all depends on the sachet I guess, but you really won't need them if you follow the plan...you'll lose a nice steady amount of weight and not have to rely on powders to get you there :)

Hey not too sure on that sort of stuff, I don't take them myself. I searched the database and couldn't find the syn value - but if you send me over the ingredients and any calorie/fat amounts etc it has on the sachet then I can input it manually to find out for you? It all depends on the sachet I guess, but you really won't need them if you follow the plan...you'll lose a nice steady amount of weight and not have to rely on powders to get you there :)

Thanks love, i may just ignore them then. They seem to consist of citrus and apple pectins, sorbitol, guar gum, cider vinegar, pineapple extract, green coffee, cherry stem, guarana, orange peel, grape marc ( no idea what that is!), meadowsweet, green tea, papaya, sacharin and various vitamins and preservatives. I'm guessing with that sort of complex mix it would be impossible to look up. Per sachet it's 7 calories, 0.02g protein, 0.68g carbs and 0g fat. Think i'll be best sticking to good old SW, just that having found them i wondered if they'd provide a boost. Thanks for looking then up love, don't worry if you can't find anything about them :)

Sorry to be a pain I just want to clarify on the whole free foods thing - on EE. Free foods are any fruit and veg fresh or frozen, lean meat and all fish even oily ones and including seafood? Any kind of pasta and rice - and these you can eat as much as you like (within reason)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back