How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, Im a student waiting for my student loan to go in before I join a group properly, but until then Im trying to stick to the plan from what I have managed to read up on. Im too scared to weigh myself to find out my starting weight: waiting until I feel brave enough haha!! Ive been doing this for a few days now, and would appreciate any feedback on my food diary that Ive done so far:

20/08
Breakfast:2 rashers bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, mushrooms
Lunch: ham, v.low fat cottage cheese, pineapple chunks
Dinner: homemade lean beef burger, salad, lean bacon, low fat salad dressing, onions
Snacks: 2 ryvita, 2 laughing cow triangles, 2 mullerlight yoghurts

21/08
Breakfast: ham and mushroom omelette
Lunch: 3 ryvita, low fat cottage cheese, ham, pineapple chunks, laughing cow trianglex3
Dinner: 1 slice of wholemeal bread, laughing cow triangle, 1 quorn burger
Snacks: 2 mullerlight yoghurts, 50ml vodka, diet coke, Twister ice lolly

22/08
Breakfast:1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1 laughing cow triangle, refried beans, 2 quorn burgers
Lunch:1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1 laughing cow triangle, 1 quorn burger
Dinner: homemade quorn chilli, refried beans, sweet potato, butternut squash, rice sweetcorn
Snacks: Galaxy Ripple, options hot choc

23/08
Breakfast: 2 weetabix, mullerlight yoghurt
Lunch: homemade quorn chilli, laughing cow triangle
Dinner: Jacket potato, beans, laughing cow triangle
Snacks: 1 slice of wholemeal bread, 2 linda mcartney red onion and rosemary sausages, beans, laughing cow triangle, weetabix oaty bar

24/08
Breakfast:weetabix oaty bar, alpen light bar
Lunch: jacket potato, beans, laughing cow triangle
Dinner: smash, 4 linda mcartney red onion and rosemary sausages, gravy
Snacks: mullerlight yoghurt, options hot choc

25/08
Breakfast:2 slices of wholemeal breal, laughing cow triangle, 2 rashers of lean bacon, egg, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms
Lunch: 1 quorn fillet, tomatoes, onions, fromage frais, mullerlight yoghurt
Dinner: 3 salmon kebabs, wilted spinach, poached egg, laughing cow triangle, low fat salad dressing
Snacks:small glass of milk, 2 alpen light barsm 1 weetabix oaty bar, mullerlight yoghurt, small glass of white wine with lemonade.

26/08
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, 3 quorn sausages, 1 laughing cow triangle, pineapple
Lunch: smash, tomatoes, jalapenoes, ham, 1 laughing cow triangle & 30gms low fat mozzarella
Dinner: 2 quorn burgers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, sweet potato, 1 tsp v.low fat cream cheese
Snacks: banana, mullerlight greek yoghurt, Fab ice lolly

I know for some of them (like the quorn sausage n mash) I didnt have any superfree foods, which Im guessing is my first mistake. Anything else?

Many thanks!!

Hey there, Im a student waiting for my student loan to go in before I join a group properly, but until then Im trying to stick to the plan from what I have managed to read up on. Im too scared to weigh myself to find out my starting weight: waiting until I feel brave enough haha!! Ive been doing this for a few days now, and would appreciate any feedback on my food diary that Ive done so far:

20/08
Breakfast:2 rashers bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, mushrooms
Lunch: ham, v.low fat cottage cheese, pineapple chunks
Dinner: homemade lean beef burger, salad, lean bacon, low fat salad dressing, onions
Snacks: 2 ryvita, 2 laughing cow triangles, 2 mullerlight yoghurts

21/08
Breakfast: ham and mushroom omelette
Lunch: 3 ryvita, low fat cottage cheese, ham, pineapple chunks, laughing cow trianglex3
Dinner: 1 slice of wholemeal bread, laughing cow triangle, 1 quorn burger
Snacks: 2 mullerlight yoghurts, 50ml vodka, diet coke, Twister ice lolly

22/08
Breakfast:1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1 laughing cow triangle, refried beans, 2 quorn burgers
Lunch:1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1 laughing cow triangle, 1 quorn burger
Dinner: homemade quorn chilli, refried beans, sweet potato, butternut squash, rice sweetcorn
Snacks: Galaxy Ripple, options hot choc

23/08
Breakfast: 2 weetabix, mullerlight yoghurt
Lunch: homemade quorn chilli, laughing cow triangle
Dinner: Jacket potato, beans, laughing cow triangle
Snacks: 1 slice of wholemeal bread, 2 linda mcartney red onion and rosemary sausages, beans, laughing cow triangle, weetabix oaty bar

24/08
Breakfast:weetabix oaty bar, alpen light bar
Lunch: jacket potato, beans, laughing cow triangle
Dinner: smash, 4 linda mcartney red onion and rosemary sausages, gravy
Snacks: mullerlight yoghurt, options hot choc

25/08
Breakfast:2 slices of wholemeal breal, laughing cow triangle, 2 rashers of lean bacon, egg, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms
Lunch: 1 quorn fillet, tomatoes, onions, fromage frais, mullerlight yoghurt
Dinner: 3 salmon kebabs, wilted spinach, poached egg, laughing cow triangle, low fat salad dressing
Snacks:small glass of milk, 2 alpen light barsm 1 weetabix oaty bar, mullerlight yoghurt, small glass of white wine with lemonade.

26/08
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, 3 quorn sausages, 1 laughing cow triangle, pineapple
Lunch: smash, tomatoes, jalapenoes, ham, 1 laughing cow triangle & 30gms low fat mozzarella
Dinner: 2 quorn burgers, sweetcorn, mushrooms, sweet potato, 1 tsp v.low fat cream cheese
Snacks: banana, mullerlight greek yoghurt, Fab ice lolly

I know for some of them (like the quorn sausage n mash) I didnt have any superfree foods, which Im guessing is my first mistake. Anything else?

Many thanks!!

Didn't read through the lot, but you're looking pretty good to me, only things I noticed on scanning through quickly, are you cutting the fat off the bacon before cooking? It's not free otherwise. Were ur pineapple chunks canned? If so, there will be a lot of syns in them, even if they are in juice, not syrup. Also, it might be worth checking into fat free salad dressings if you have it often...some are syn free, like the Kraft ones, which leaves you more syns for a sneak choccy bar or something as a treat.
Good luck!

Hey thank you!
The pineapple chunks are fresh and yes the bacon has the fat taken off (no more crispy bacon for me :( ) Good to know Im doing it ok. I finally weighed myself last night to get a starting weight, so dont know if Ive actually lost anything yet- shall see next week :)

xx

Hello newbie here. Just want to thank you so much for a brilliant post. I have just started SW at home. Cant afford meetings or on line at the mo, so dug out my old book from 2004 and giving extra easy a go. Any advice from you all would be welcome as I am pushing 70 a little to hard (October) and I would like to be well on my way to goal by then.2 stone to get rid of :)

just subscribing as ive started reading through the pages and my eyes are hurting so i'll be back to finish tomorrow

Re: Slimming World Advice for New comers (Including Extra Easy)

Very helpfull thanx x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great thread! :)

Fab thread xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Does every meal need to contain 2/3rds of my plate super free when doing ee, can it be in the main meal for example chilli made with vegetables of does the as need to be superfree like a salad on the side

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Does every meal need to contain 2/3rds of my plate super free when doing ee, can it be in the main meal for example chilli made with vegetables of does the as need to be superfree like a salad on the side Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya, unless the plans changed in the last few months, you only need 1/3 super free with every meal. I don't always have fresh salad stuff in so I make sure there's lots of super free incorporated into the meal (I keep bags of frozen peppers, onions, mushrooms etc for cooking - great for things like bolognese)

Hi everyone, am just wondering if you can earn extra syns through exercise?

Unfortunately the short answer is no. The exercise will help you to burn calories and therefore hopefully have a better weight loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back