How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just started slimming world on-line (husband works away too much for me to go to group). I have 1 question, I know I need to eat super free with every meal but if the meal already contains super free stuff do I also need to add veg/salad on the side? For example, I had beef stew yesterday made with canned tomatoes, carrots, onions & mushrooms so therefore more than a third was super free. Thank you

No you don't have to have anymore if that's enough to fill you up. I often do this with things like spaghetti bolognese although if I think I need to 'bulk' it out a bit more ill do myself a side salad to go with it.

I love this thread! thank you for making it :)

I am just starting on slimming world again after being succesful 2 years ago, but i have alot more to lose this time and I am doing it from home as not able to go to classes each week. I hope to gain lots of advice !!!

Gud luck this site is great for lots of tips and advice and gawjus recipes .. cant wait to try them .. i started yesterday on mine .. and had 3 rashers of bacon(fat removed ) and half a tin of beans .. im full n i feel guilty for eating it as im used to having just toast .. but this is filling and no need to binge on bad things later x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have been doing the easy extra plan for 3weeks now and am. Ly just starting to see ad
Difference, this had made me feel more motivated to keep going, as I don't have a class to go to, I keep looking at everyone's threads, so keep them coming everyone great advice xxxxx

I need to get some motivation. Going to sit down tomorrow and plan the weeks menu and shopping list. Any advice on things to snack on please x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Squiddy, that is great info and easy to read to help with getting the head round the way SW works

A brilliant thread - many many thanks for giving me renewed enthusiasm to give Slimming World a go. I have been struggling, as i do it online and some stuff is confusing for me. :bighug:

Hi, I followed the red and green day slimming world diet about 8 years ago and found it really easy to do. I have gained a little weight and want to use it again but I can't remember all the rules. My mum has my books and will be returning them next week but I want to get started ASAP. What I am unsure about is can you eat eggs on both red and green days and also is it two healthy extras from A and B ie skimmed milk and low fat cheese, bread and porridge oats or is it just one from each category?

Hi, I followed the red and green day slimming world diet about 8 years ago and found it really easy to do. I have gained a little weight and want to use it again but I can't remember all the rules. My mum has my books and will be returning them next week but I want to get started ASAP. What I am unsure about is can you eat eggs on both red and green days and also is it two healthy extras from A and B ie skimmed milk and low fat cheese, bread and porridge oats or is it just one from each category?

Eggs are free on all SW plans.
You get a choice of either 1 or 2 HEAs plus 2 HEBs on red and green

i have been away from slimming world for 3 years and unfortunately i weigh more than i did when i started the first time, but i intend to crack it and get myself motivated again to get back down to the goal that i reached last time, so i hope you can all encourage me as i dont have the best willpower in the world when it comes to food xx

Thanks for this, I started SW last night and was feeling slightly overwhelmed by what I'm supposed to be doing! This has cleared up the confusion! Thank you x

It's a great thread, but for a newcomer it's a bit confusing as the first several hundred posts are about now outdated plans and information.

It might be better to recreate this thread with upto date information on the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back