How to choose a group

LadyWahWah

Hi all, newbie here :wave_cry:
I'm thinking about joining Slimming World next week but I'm struggling to figure out how to choose a group. There are loads near me but to be honest none of them are really convenient because I work shifts and I don't drive. I've also heard some horror stories about some of the groups in my area - one has a different leader every few months, one has a consultant who is straight out of a Little Britain sketch. To be honest, I'm a bit scared!
If I join a group and don't like it can I go to another without having to pay the registration fee again?

You can move groups as you like- sign up to the most convenient and if you don't like it try a different one. Once you have decided on the group most suited to your needs then you can have membership transferred to that group for no extra charge.

Everyone has different needs and different groups will suit different people but all groups should be run in a very similar way; weigh in for about half an hour, get your raffle tickets and a brew, have a chat, then a short talk from the consultant, what's new, interesting ways to use syns, motivation etc then go round talking about peoples gains and loses, how they are coping, if they have any tips or questions. End.

I also work shifts, and on weeks where I can't make my group I weigh in at a different one or book that week as 'shift'.

Good luck on your journey.

Last edited:
Hi all, newbie here :wave_cry:
I'm thinking about joining Slimming World next week but I'm struggling to figure out how to choose a group. There are loads near me but to be honest none of them are really convenient because I work shifts and I don't drive. I've also heard some horror stories about some of the groups in my area - one has a different leader every few months, one has a consultant who is straight out of a Little Britain sketch. To be honest, I'm a bit scared!
If I join a group and don't like it can I go to another without having to pay the registration fee again?

I just read the blurb about the consultants which is on the internet. Our consultant has been a consultant for 15 years and has 5 or 6 groups and was the team developer (had to stop that due to ill health) so I figured she must be good at it and know what she's doing!! I also liked the fact that the group was ona Monday - stops you from derailing at the weekends

Back