How to choose which plan?

Gemini76

I started SW 5 weeks ago and just chose EE plan for handiness, now I have that in hand I am wondering the advantages of green/red as the only ones I can see are extra HeX for that day and really if that choice is pasta/rice on red or meat/fish on green then I have them anyway free on EE, I don't eat nuts or seeds and the only cheese on the list that would sway me is being able to use Philadephi light. I thought I'd post as maybe I am being blind to other advantages?

This is the start of my 5th week on sw and so far i have done wk1 Red, wk2 green, wk3 EE, wk 4 Red and starting another green week this week. I like to mix it up as i find it makes me look for specific recipes which will fit each plan, whereas on EE i would probably eat a lot of the same meals. I really like Red days as even if i am using HEX's for potatoes/pasta there is a limit on how much i can have as i would go mad with them if i did EE all the time.
Also as you have said i love the extra HEx's as i use them a lot for bread, cereal, crackebreads and milk.
Although i have to admit i am really bad at using my syns and tend to use them more when on EE for Hex stuff.

I do mainly green as I rarely eat meat anyway. I like having the extra HEs but also like not having to worry about 1/3 superfree with each meal. Don't get me wrong, I eat lots of fruit and veg but I find it difficult to make sure that each meal has enough superfree on EE.

Personally i like red and greeen cos i dont have to worry about the third superfree. They do require a little more work than ee but after a few days you can get into the swing of it. I think they would also be useful if you found your losses slowing on ee. Plus green is the best choice for vegetarians.

I find red & green easier as I find it difficult to find enough variety for 1/3 superfree at every meal, also the cost of fruit & veg.

The beauty of SW is that you dont have to choose!! You can give a week of red a go and a week of green and see how you get on with them.

I have heard many people say that losses are better on red due to less carb intake. Green is good for veges and those who need their 2nd HEX choices.

xx

Thanks for all the replies I guess the only way to know is try them, just sort of need to get a whole different menu plan going!!!

I do green as I'm a veggiterian. I love it i mostly eat superfree fruits and veggies, i can have nuts and seed(hex ovbiously) if i want, lentils, pulses, beans. I tend to have pasta/rice and potatoes about one of those per day. Sometimes i use all my Hexs other ties i dont. Really is perfect for me have had great looses on it so cant complain really really enjoying the plan :D. Also if you do eat meat and fish you can have it as a HEXB on green

I generally do EE but do find I need more than 1 HEA so usually syn an extra 250ml of milk - also helps to make sure I have enough syns every day, as I don't eat choc, crisps etc.

Now I'm at target I don't need to syn the extra milk as I have had to increase my HEAs and HEBs to a total of 6 (either 2 A and 4 B; or 3 of each) in order to try and maintain. Makes it difficult to get in the syns now!

Denise

I try to have Red days mostly - my body just doesnt get along that well with carbs :( pain in the bum, but its the way it goes. I still have at least one EE day each week to ensure i have a balanced diet.

x

I tend to keep an open plan during the day and then in the evening it will swing one way of the other.

For example I had a ham and egg salad for lunch. And had for breakfast 2 alpine light bars, yoghurt and fruit.

Gives me the flexibility of staying red of switching to ee depending on tonights meal. /)

I try to have Red days mostly - my body just doesnt get along that well with carbs :( pain in the bum, but its the way it goes. I still have at least one EE day each week to ensure i have a balanced diet.

x

I do mostly red for the same reason, excess carbs hinder my losses! But I do a couple of EE/green days each week too so that I don't feel deprived, is working pretty well for me!

There are two main differentiators between red/green and EE:

1. You get 2x HEa and 2x HEb on red/green.
2. The 1/3 superfree rule does not apply

Of course, it is never a bad thing to try and get the 1/3 superfree into your red/green meals.

Depending on your own preference these may or may not be advantages. As you say, if you are using one of your HEb for meat on green and carbs on red, perhaps EE would just be easier. But it is worth noting that for a little less you would still get an extra HEa choice for milk in your cereal etc.
If you value Healthy Extras over being able to have meat and carbs together without measuring, then green/red may be for you.

Secondly, if you like meals like jacket potato and beans, pasta etc, then not having to have the 1/3 superfree is good.

Back