How to deal with comments?

jools1986

Silver Member
I am finding it really hard to deal with people commenting on my loss. How do you react?!?! Of course I am proud of myself and love people noticing but I just don't know how to respond haha

strange I know..

It depends on the comment, when people just point out that I'd lost weight recently, I don't know what to say (seems a bit pointless) but if people say I look good, I usually say thanks followed by 'i feel good'.

Its crazy how many people feel about complimenting/complements. Sooo many times I'll see something in someone that I think is beautiful, i dunno like really goregous hair, and have to hold my tounge because I'm scared of how they will react if i blurt it out what i think...ahh how good would it be if we all felt better about it :)

Ive never been goood at taking compliments i think its because i dont feel i deserve them!

Apart from one friend who knows I'm on this diet, no-one's said a thing! I've gone from a size 18/20 top/16 bottom to 14 top 12 bottom and not a word, tho a few funny looks. I suppose people notice something's different, just can't place what - I'M BLOOMING SLIM, THAT'S WHAT!!!!! :D:D

people are strange creatures! i have had alot of people not bat an eyelid, I have gone from a 24 to an 18 but then some people comment all the time!

I think people notice but dont want to say it incase you havent and they dont want you to think they thought you looked fat to begin with?? You know what I mean?? I think someone has to know you really well to be able to complement you!

It is strange though!

ME TOO

Apart from one friend who knows I'm on this diet, no-one's said a thing! I've gone from a size 18/20 top/16 bottom to 14 top 12 bottom and not a word, tho a few funny looks. I suppose people notice something's different, just can't place what - I'M BLOOMING SLIM, THAT'S WHAT!!!!! :D:D

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one. Incidently I was exactly the same size as you were and am the same size as you are now...............how spooky!!!! I am actually beginning to get a bit miffed by it. It must be obvious to everyone but no one comments. I am beginning to wonder if I am of such little consequence to anyone that they never noticed me then and still don't now. Lol!!!!!:cry:

or I'm wondering if its all in my head!
I'm not smaller I'm just dressing better haha

I hate how I can't notice how different I look and I am really worrying that nobody will notice when I go back to uni on friday.

I don't see any difference yet, but I can easily fit into things that were much too tight. I don't think anyone will notice for several more stone with me.

Mind you, a work colleague did say that my hair looked really nice yesterday and asked whether I had done something with it. In my normal self-deprecating fat person's way, I did say it was a sheer fluke, but it left me wondering if:

a) my chubby chops might be getting less noticeable;

b) he only commented because he's gay and might notice more than most straight men;

c) I normally look as if I have been dragged through a hedge backwards and that by some chance of fate I managed to look presentable for once.

I won't spend too much time stressing about the right answer. I'm just grateful that the weight's coming off slowly but surely. :)

ive lost 2 stone and nobody has said a thing apart from my mum who knows im doing the diet im going to visit some friends and family on the 9th so am hoping to get some comments i dont usually feel uncomfortable when people comment i just love it and feel really proud. (big head lol)

A few people at work have noticed - and said well done - but I find it hard to be very graceful - I guess I am so conscious there is lots more still to come off and tend to end up sounding a bit grumpy ... along the lines of " well - so far so good" very reserved response - at home its a different matter and all the family are really encouraging & prase me loads which is lovely. My hubby is itching to take me out shopping for new clothes but I don't want many yet cos I want to stay motivated to carry on losing for te next few months. Like you I guess we have to start getting used to a new perception of ourselves and being used to feeling better about how we look!

Last time I lost 4 stone no one noticed til I lost 3 stone! then it was like everyone noticed and were shocked! I said 'well I have been losing weight for months'. I think also I wasn't able to get properly into smaller clothes straight away, but I then went out and got some proper fitting clothes. I suppose those around me weren't taking much notice of my appearance and suddenly I was a skinny minny.

Can't wait to get back into my size 12/14s ahhhh, how vie missed them!

You know I think you have a point - until we get to a lower weight we are partly invisible to lots of people - we still look fat to them - and they are not seeing degrees of fatness - just that I am the big woman who sits in the corner type of thing!

Hmm, Just wait until you get to a "okish" size but you still want to lose a stone or 2 more to get to sz 12 and people start telling you to stop dieting as you are getting too thin! I cant work that out?! This happened to me the very first time i did the diet in 2008. I got to about 12st and all my friends were saying i looked great and shouldnt lose anymore weight! Mad! Guess they wanted me to stay the fat one!

yeah i done lighterlife in 2008 after my second child and one friend who is a size 12 kept telling me i look fine at size 14 even though i was nearly getting in to 12s. strange

I am finding that I am beginning to find out who my friends are, and alot of boys that mucked me around have crept out of the woodwork.

this is becoming quite a personal journey and affecting all areas of my life. But I wouldn't change it for the world

I just walked into the front room after getting changed into a new outfit and my mums jaw hit the floor.

that was nice :D

I just walked into the front room after getting changed into a new outfit and my mums jaw hit the floor.

that was nice :D

ahh well done you must be looking hot now. its so nice isnt it ive got some treggings on today and i feel great woohoo

Back