How to determine Target Weight

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Through the stones to your zone' started by lognor8, 1 September 2011 Social URL.

1. lognor8

lognor8 Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone
    I typed 'target weight' in the search bar but I didn't see what I wanted so I have started this thread.

How do I find out what my target weight should be?

I asked my consultant but he said this wasn't an issue yet...as I have a few stone to lose I got the feeling he was being kind to me...but the question remains.

I have read stories of people (in the paper, TV etc) losing too much weight. (I wish!!)

So, how to I find out my ideal weight?

I look at SW as a new way of eating rather than a diet so I suppose my weight will become steady at some time but I'm just curious.

I am a guy 5'8" tall.....and pleased to say my weight and waist is going in the right direction. Thanks to SW :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annamay

annamay Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hi
    Rather than typing target weight - type BMI and this will give you calculators to calculate your body mass index and weight target

4. LittleFlutterby

LittleFlutterby Fluffy lil flutterby :)

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    10st8.5lb(47.14%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i just calculated what my weight should be to get a bmi of 25 (right top end of ideal) and went to the nearest "nice" number below that

my weight when my bmi is 25 is 12 stone 9, so i picked 12 stone 7, because thats exactly 10 stone less than my start weight :)

everyone is different- some people dont even make targets- or change them as they go along :)

5. annamay

annamay Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    If you dont have a target or something to aim for then you can be whatever you want - if you want to change your life - set a target

6. lognor8

lognor8 Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the replies. I googled BMI and the top end of my BMI is 24.9 which works out at 11.7 Stones.

So now i have a target!

Thanks again.:D

Last edited: 1 September 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.