How to get going?

KellieDavison

Hi

I'm currently 11st7lbs & 5"5 i've been wanting to loose the baby weight from my daughter for awhile, but I just don't seem to have the go get them type of go and I know if I start i'll fail, Just wonder if you had any advice on this? or just slimming world.

Thanks in advance

Think of it as just another task. Do you tell yourself when you start doing the washing that you know you will fail? Or say I won't clean the bathroom because I know if I start I will fail? No, you just get out the cleaning things and do it.

So just get out the SW things - get the information, the books, this website, the right foods - and just do it. If you tell yourself you will fail, you probably will; if you stop thinking about it and just get on with it, you probably won't.

write it all down when you see it on paper you can see in front of you how much effort you have put into that day or week

For me, the turning point was deciding that THIS is the time I do it. If I stray or gain, I'm straight back on plan. I'm far from an angel, and have slow losses even when I'm good, but I've managed to lose 16.5 lbs just by telling myself that this will be the time I succeed, however long it takes. Good luck xxx

For me, the turning point was deciding that THIS is the time I do it. If I stray or gain, I'm straight back on plan. I'm far from an angel, and have slow losses even when I'm good, but I've managed to lose 16.5 lbs just by telling myself that this will be the time I succeed, however long it takes. Good luck xxx

nice way of thinking of it because im normally or or nothing no inbetween

mikey.c123 said:
nice way of thinking of it because im normally or or nothing no inbetween

So was I mikey, I just finally realised that only my behaviour determines whether I succeed or not. Sounds so obvious, but it's actually sunk in at last :)

I tend to have the 'one more day (of pigging out) won't matter THAT much' attitude, and use EVERY excuse under the sun (Sure I'm not that bad, Sure who's gonna be looking at me now, Why should I be miserable and 'diet' etc etc...) so I have to tell myself to wise up and just do it. I KNOW that I feel better and healthier when I'm slimmer, so in the end, it's actually me treating myself!!
Good luck, and stay on track x

I always try to switch the voice in my head from negative to positive I pretend that voice is someone i cant stand and i tell them to go away if you practice being positive it will help, and like others have said just think of it as a day at a time or even a meal at a time.

And you most definitely dont have to be miserable, all the lovely healthy foods in Food Optimising boost your mood and as its the sugar highs and lows that actually make us more unhappy and moody you should start to feel better. Do you go to group because I couldnt do it without the group support it really makes all the difference.

Good luck and just keep at it you will succeed
xxxx

The only way I managed to get myself started was just to wake up on a new day, head out and get loads of fresh fruit, vegetables, fat free dairy stuff etc etc, then you have no choice but to eat it as it's a waste otherwise :) You'll feel so good once you lose those first few pounds that it'll be motivation enough to keep you going :) Everyone strays every now and then, but you can still have treats with flexible syns as long as you keep in your weekly limit :) I've always failed at diets before, but this diet is so easy that it'd be hard to do much wrong :p Good luck!

yeah o set myself up for failuire so many times and to be honest the majority of times its the well ive had one chip i shud have another which turns into a big feest....and being on slimming world the ammount you eet makes the bnges worse because you get used to eating alot more thank when off plan...im starting to reconise the cues and im wising up for now i hope haha

I have found that my binges have got better over time and i always manage to mix free foods into my binges now if i really want chocolate icecream i have it but i add frozen raspberries etc and i really pig out on sw chips i often cook a whole packet of new pots just cover them in cajun spice and throw in the oven for 45 minutes i almost never go to chip shop now as i prefer my own you just have to let your taste buds adapt :D

Gruffalo said:
I tend to have the 'one more day (of pigging out) won't matter THAT much' attitude, and use EVERY excuse under the sun (Sure I'm not that bad, Sure who's gonna be looking at me now, Why should I be miserable and 'diet' etc etc...) so I have to tell myself to wise up and just do it. I KNOW that I feel better and healthier when I'm slimmer, so in the end, it's actually me treating myself!!
Good luck, and stay on track x

I think what you said about "why should I be miserable and diet" is the key. I've always thought that Diets and depravation were soul destroying and doomed to fail. I have felt differently this time and I think it is because I can eat without weighing and counting and I am not starving at 3pm!

I look at myself in the mirror in my bra and panties and ask myself "Now come on, does this really look good? You've put on weight and it's showing on your hips and ass!" That usually gives me a lot of motivation.. But what REALLY gets me keen to lose weight is when I see pics of myself that someone has tagged and you can see rolls of fat poking out under whatever dress you're wearing. Then I'm all like, "You're not wearing this dress again until you slim down. Or this one. Or this one..." Pretty soon I'm going to run out of clothes. I better start that Slimming World plan again. @_@

I decided to get fit this time rather than trying to lose loads of weight. I aimed to either sts or lose a half. Im not a strict plan follower but iv found taking pressure of myself has stopped the binges.

Back