How to get past discouraging remarks?

Grimskunk

hi guys,I've mentioned this before that I did cambridge diet successfully a year ago.This whole year I have been trying to get back on unsuccessfully partly because I have no motivation and partly because of stress of my studies/work life.Anyways I'm trying to get back on track, already purchase 10 weeks worth of CD to last me till end of this year because if possible, I want to learn to control my food come 2009.But the thing is my family members and colleagues at work because they know I haven't been following the diet this whole year has been very discouraging.They told me to stop the diet etc etc and its making me frustrated because I dono how to explain to them that it is not the diet fault that i put on weight but my own fault. anyways..if anyone can advice me on how to get past their discouraging remarks.

you are doing this for yourself hunny, no one else... don't forget that

you have to remember how you will feel when you lose the weight and your back in control... it's your life and no one else should be dictating how you live it xxx

Tell your family that you understand their concerns, but for your benefit you need their support to help you through the next 10 weeks and onto healthier eating. If they think its the diet they are unlikely to change their minds, therefore, just ask them to support you along the way.

Back