How to liven up Original Porridge

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I just tried an experiment - I added a couple of pinches of Berry water flavouring to my Original Porridge powder, before I put the hot water in. It was yummy! (Reminded me of Apple & Raspberry flavour OatSoSimple!)

Such a simple idea it must have been mentioned before, but it's new to me! :D

Im on my first day of SS, I tried the original porridge yesterday, I thought it was awful...I have got another 6 pkts. Can I add anything to it on SS? Not sure if I can yet.

Yeah you can add cinnomen or nutmeg!! xx
That's what I normally add too (or just mixed spice - you get the lot then!) - just thought I'd make a change today. :)

(How can people not like the porridge? It's beyond me! :eek:)

Teaspoon of toffee and walnut shake makes it lovely.

I like these porridge/shake ideas - but I don't really want to break into my precious shakes! :eek: (Whatever shake you have left over is going to be a little weaker - unless you mix the rest into some other drinks? - and I like all the taste I can get, lol! :D) I suppose this would work if you were on four CD meals a day, you could get creative with your 'spare' shake! :)

Hi all,

I'm on day 6. My second day was the hardest with headaches, feeling cold, nausea etc. I took some pain killers after work and then went to bed around 8pm, that really helped - woke up the next day feeling so much better!

So far, I only like the porridge and briks, looks like that's all I'll be sticking to. Thanks for the ideas above to make the porridge more interesting. Also, the other reason I want to stick to just these two is that the briks are so convenient for work and social events, don't have to worry about not having a blender to make shakes or having to buy a bottle of water, a definite plus over other VLCDs.

Oh well, my 1st weigh in is tomorrow, wish me luck!

Back