How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Hi sweetie, great to see you have silenced the binge voice! I laughed lots at your whiffy day :) whiffy but sounds yummy! If you get a chance could you share the beef pad Thai recipe please? Sounds amazing!
Just updated my diary which explains my absence but hoping to be around much more now. Missed you! X

Aww, missed you too :) I'm glad you are back and in a better place of mind.

I'm very glad bingy voice has bogged off. Had a nice trip out today. Got Nate a couple of bits, found I have made £32 off the stuff I dropped off at the shop, and I had one bag of return s (stuff they didn't want, mostly primark) which I just dropped off to a charity shop :) brother's gf was her usual miserable self (joy) I showed her a couple of shops and stalls I thought she would like and saved the charity shops until she'd gone. Don't act like you like vintage and retro if you dont like 2nd hand. I was buying this stuff 8 years ago, before people were cashing in on it. She wants a lovely kitchen but doesn't cook, she likes the handmade home stuff, so long as she can buy it ready made with a label sewn on it so people know the price paid. She was horrified by my charity shop stuff and disgusted I have stuff bought from the tip. But she will make my brother watch the kirsty crafty house shows. It well bugs me. She would never lay her own floor or do diy. She was baffled when my parents were showing her my place and telling her every thing I had done.

On the plus side I got some super cheap pots for my herbs. Mint tends to spread everywhere so needs to be contained. Although mum always kills all her mint. I got some cheap embroidery silks too :) and some bits from waitrose I cant get at our Tesco. Including creamed coconut so I dont have to throw out most of a tin of coconut milk.

I will type up the recipe when I go on my laptop hun :)

B: fruit and yogurt and a hea cheese omelette
L: beef curry and rice. 2 syns
S: 2 figs. I love figs
D: chicken curry burger thing in heb roll, sw chips and salad.

I also had 1 syn on light ribena.

Going to have a twirl for 11.5 later I think.

On plan again, lots of walking about. Tomorrow nate and I are baking fairy cakes to take to the vicar's leaving do. Then I dunno weather to have dinner at home (shepherd s pie) or go to my parents to have roast lamb. My brother is leaving on Monday, so I should go. And mum cooks sw anyway.

beef pad thai
serves 4
ee: free
green: 8 syns
red: 11 syns

400g lean beef frying steaks, fat removed, thinly slices
3 tbsp light soy sauce
salt and pepper
fry light
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
100ml veg stock
1 tbsp nam pla
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
200g mangetout, thinly sliced
250g fresh bean sprouts
250g dried flat rice noodles (I just used regular egg noodles as that is all i had in)
100 cooked and peeled small prawns
1 egg, beaten
spring onions, finely sliced
a small handful of finely chopped fresh coriander
lime wedges to serve

place the beef in a ceramic bowl with the light soy sauce and season well. cover and leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes at room temp.

spray a wok or large frying pan with fry light and place over high heat. Add the beef and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

place the garlic, ginger, chilli, red onion, stock, nam pla and dark soy sauce in the pan and heat gently for 4-5 minutes

turn heat to high, add the vegetables and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until just tender

prepare noodles according to packet instructions

add noodles and prawns to the veg mix in the pan. drizzle in beaten egg, toss to mix week and cook for 1-2 minutes until egg is just cooked through.

remove from heat, stir in the beef. divide between plates, scatter over the spring onion and coriander and serve with lime wedges.

I used sugar snap peas instead of mangetout, and i added sliced mushrooms, quartered (lengthways) baby corn and sprouting broccoli. I made it just for me, but i still used 100ml of stock, else it would have caught.

Good day so far. Called my grandad for a chat and he is all good. Nate and I have made fairy cakes and we are going to mums for roast lamb and taking the cakes with us as there's loads of stuff for the vicars leaving thing already. Been really hungry today so the fruit bowl has taken a hit

B: beans on heb toast, an apple and a pear
S: yogurt and banana
S: fig

Lunch is going to be a Thai salad. I think it is because I had breakfast at half seven this morning im so hungry. Dinner will be around 5pm so I need to think what to do for afternoon snackage... I do have some cottage cheese. And I could hard boil a couple of eggs and devour pickles and crudites. Mmm.

Urgh, my ex, Nate's dad, sent me a fb inbox message (I won't have him as a "friend" so he cant look at any of my stuff) saying I look great. I forgot my profile pic was my woty picture. Blurgh. Changed it to a picture of Nate. I don't want him to look at me or pass judgement on me, positive or negative, anymore. I've never told him about losing weight or anything. He knew me at 21st, I'm now about 14.5.

Hey britt :) I thought about it in the past but I keep it just in case I need to get ahold of him. Everything else is set as private. I thought he would be in touch again soon, it has been a couple of months. He usually just asks about Nate which I am happy about and he makes something up about seeing Nate. Thankfully Nate is too young to talk to him so he doesn't know about it and get let down.

Yeah I suppose your stuck in a sticky situation :(
I dont know maybe tell him yet youll be civil for nates sake but he can take any comments about you elsewhere :)

Apart from that hope ya ok :)

look what I got from the charity shop 1378109954877.jpg
Its one of then teapot cup underneath things... was only 1.50 thought u would appreciate it because you love ya charity shop bargains :)

Have a great day :) xx

Hey lovely! What is he playing at?! Ugh. I had a boyfriend at uni who was so shitty to me, and when I lost weight back in the real world he messaged me something similar out of the blue. In my head I messaged him back telling him I'd always been flipping incredible so it shouldn't have seemed such a surprise to him. It makes me suspicious and it makes me angry. Am I right in remembering that Nate's dad has had/is having a baby with someone else? I hope he gets his act together before Nate's old enough to feel let down by him.

Aunt Flo turned up. I'm glad but hormonal-grumpy! OH indulged me last night by watching Sleepless in Seattle with me and making me an Options Hot Choc with my HexA of milk. He's a good egg. Chicken soup with HexB of bread tonight and I am sooo looking forward to it!

How did the cakes go down?! I had lunch at my mum's with my Nanna yesterday which was wonderful until my mum brought out a bowl of homemade profiteroles. We used to make them together and I just had to have some. They were not worth it syns wise, but worth it for the reminiscing! I wish I had a SW-knowledgable (sp?) mum sometimes...

Haha I do love my charity shops. It is really cute. Got to love any pots of tea for one. Mmm tea.

I just changed my picture and didn't reply. He knows I only reply if it is something relevant. He isn't trying to get with me, if he was he would be in for a shock. He is probably trying to get something. He had a little girl. He was her primary care giver, dunno if he still is or not. Sorry you had a rubbish ex, but your fella makes up for it, what a sweetie. Hopefully flo will pop off again soon and not be too troublesome!

How sweet, Nate is so cute. Here's hoping his premonition is right for tomorrow. I lost 4 this week!

Lol! Thanks Fran, wish it was coming off my ass! 1.5lb to 5 stone! Got a gorgeous pair of red shoes from Next ready for my reward! Fingers crossed I will be wearing them next week! Good luck for WI xxx

well done Anju thats brill
Thank you. I STS last week sow as determined to do well this week. I have done 2 weeks of original days to shake it up a little. Looks like it worked.

Back