How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Love the colours! Which one(s) will you pick out to go with the hummingbird one? There's such a choice...

Mmm - I'm sure you are not employed to do the chair arranging. Surely that's the church warden's job?!

Hi Fran - hope your heads better? Love the papers such vibrant colours I normally hate bird patterns of any description (goes for clothes and ornaments too) but they are gorgeous. x

Hey Sheila, yep paracetamol sorted it. I don't take pain relief often so it is effective when I do. Ooh how funny you aren't keen on birdy stuff. I'm very confident in my style to not take offense at others not having the same taste :) I can be pretty out there. I'm thinking grey in the kitchen. I know that sounds a bit mental for a kitchen, but I get so much light and the cupboard are all very light I think it'll work, especially against my accessories :)

Vicar is back sometime Sunday so I should see her next week with my guide on the candlelight concert 2010-13 and guide on local businesses and groups and their heads for her to select who to ask to read; the details on alter cloths and the calculations for total costs for a new one listed from most expensive; lists of those who have been buried in our churchyard or had a funeral service with us in the past year with next of kin and their address for the remembrance service after all saints; an example of a letter to the nok and finally a completed first draft of our health amd safety policy. Oh and I get to show the 2 new pages on the website and she'll see the organising of 3 funerals while she was away. Poor church warden doesn't know who she's messing with. My awesomeness that I've been working the whole time she was away will be a cumulative kapow which will undermine what certain other people might peep up with. Muahaha. I don't make other people look bad by making them look bad. I just highlight my fabulousity every now and then when needed. I've also put out fresh flyers and posters for our easyfundraising thing today :) oh and I got taught how to operate the PA system so next time I'm stuck I'll be OK!

I'm so my mother's daughter!

Hey Sheila, yep paracetamol sorted it. I don't take pain relief often so it is effective when I do. Ooh how funny you aren't keen on birdy stuff. I'm very confident in my style to not take offense at others not having the same taste :) I can be pretty out there. I'm thinking grey in the kitchen. I know that sounds a bit mental for a kitchen, but I get so much light and the cupboard are all very light I think it'll work, especially against my accessories :)

Vicar is back sometime Sunday so I should see her next week with my guide on the candlelight concert 2010-13 and guide on local businesses and groups and their heads for her to select who to ask to read; the details on alter cloths and the calculations for total costs for a new one listed from most expensive; lists of those who have been buried in our churchyard or had a funeral service with us in the past year with next of kin and their address for the remembrance service after all saints; an example of a letter to the nok and finally a completed first draft of our health amd safety policy. Oh and I get to show the 2 new pages on the website and she'll see the organising of 3 funerals while she was away. Poor church warden doesn't know who she's messing with. My awesomeness that I've been working the whole time she was away will be a cumulative kapow which will undermine what certain other people might peep up with. Muahaha. I don't make other people look bad by making them look bad. I just highlight my fabulousity every now and then when needed. I've also put out fresh flyers and posters for our easyfundraising thing today :) oh and I got taught how to operate the PA system so next time I'm stuck I'll be OK!

I'm so my mother's daughter!

Oh I wasnt knocking your taste hun!

I think my dislike stems from (rubs off from) mam, when I was growing up I just remember her saying she hated birds in the house as they were unlucky lol old wives tales I suspect?

When I go out clothes shopping even Andrea and my sis look at stuff and say oh you wont like/wear this will you its birds lol im my mothers daughter too hehe.

I think the Vicar will be in awe at what you have done chick, she will know she has someone she can totally trust and rely upon to get things done, someone who works on her own initiative. Someone who doesnt have to be led by the hand every step of the way!

Go Fran u show em girl x

Ah I heard the birds thing. We used to have one when I was little. I'd love a pet jackdaw but birds and very little ones aren't a good combo!

I was the one she turned to when everything kicked off between her and the curate. I know my job is safe. I just get peed off being talked down to. It happens a lot because i look so much younger than I am. Especially now my hair is a bit longer, lighter and curly! Also because this new warden doesn't know me or the job I do it makes it a pain. The bloke who taught me the PA today, his wife used to do my job and worked from home a while so he knows what it is like, I'd sorted him to cover a PA for a Sunday and had to tell him that one of the wardens didn't look at the rota and has asked someone else to do it now. He got annoyed and said "why do they insist on interfering?!" Lol.

Got mum and dad's dog next weekend from Thursday night :) woof woof. Nate will be thrilled. Gardening tomorrow, grass is a bit jungley! Doing lasagna on Sunday and mum and dad are coming over. Mum's bringing a pudding - eep. She mentioned quark so it shouldn't be too synful! Think tomorrow will be magic pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. Not sure lunch or dinner... hmm! Maybe some sort of jambalaya for tea and maybe tuna salad depending on the weather otherwise I'll soup it up!

Ah I heard the birds thing. We used to have one when I was little. I'd love a pet jackdaw but birds and very little ones aren't a good combo!

I was the one she turned to when everything kicked off between her and the curate. I know my job is safe. I just get peed off being talked down to. It happens a lot because i look so much younger than I am. Especially now my hair is a bit longer, lighter and curly! Also because this new warden doesn't know me or the job I do it makes it a pain. The bloke who taught me the PA today, his wife used to do my job and worked from home a while so he knows what it is like, I'd sorted him to cover a PA for a Sunday and had to tell him that one of the wardens didn't look at the rota and has asked someone else to do it now. He got annoyed and said "why do they insist on interfering?!" Lol.

Got mum and dad's dog next weekend from Thursday night :) woof woof. Nate will be thrilled. Gardening tomorrow, grass is a bit jungley! Doing lasagna on Sunday and mum and dad are coming over. Mum's bringing a pudding - eep. She mentioned quark so it shouldn't be too synful! Think tomorrow will be magic pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. Not sure lunch or dinner... hmm! Maybe some sort of jambalaya for tea and maybe tuna salad depending on the weather otherwise I'll soup it up!

Grrr why do ppl have to interfere it does my head in!! Ahhh Nate will adore having the dog for company. Foodage sounds great and well planned too hun

Felt like crap this morning. Took full 5 minutes to get my fingers to button Nate's trousers. Managed to get him some breakfast then flaked out. Scales did say 4.5lbs, a drop of 3lbs... let's see if it lasts until Monday!
B: sleep
S: necterine and grapes
L: sw magic pancakes heb with banana, raspberries and cherries. This came with a small boy gobbling some.

Hands are working going to cut the grass now

Was good and didn't eat a second helping of jambalaya. Mmm. Did have a pear and an apple earlier and just had a big twirl 11.5 syns of lushness.

Not long until bed. Having full English in the morning and cooking the sauce for sw lasagna that we're having at about 3pm got leftover jambalaya later if I'm hungry. Mum's made a limoncello tiramisu for pud using quark instead of cream but lord knows the syns so I'll count it for the day's syns minus the 1 for breakfast.

Haha - the vicar will indeed be bowled over by your fabulousity!

How dare Aunt Flo revisit so soon! Fingers crossed the weight stays down for Monday. I used to gain just before a period and lose the gain on about the second day.

The limoncello tiramisu sounds lovely and summery. It might not be as high in Syns as you'd think if your Mum's used Quark and, perhaps, sweetener.

I started knitting a throw earlier in the year but got a bit bored and put it away but you've inspired me to get it out again, so thanks for that. Hope you have a good day tomorrow and feel a bit less crappy.

Aha. Yup she will. One thing I like about august i can get a jump start on stuff and tie up any loose ends from the first part of the year. It's the same just after Christmas. :) everyone is relaxing so I can get stuff done

Ooh what kind of throw are you knitting? I've sewn the squares, next to cut them into triangles and sew them together again. Lol. Friend is due in 4 weeks so I need to get it done pronto!

Mum will have used sweetener it'll just be sponge fingers and limoncello that's synful. I made the sauce this morning and I'll layer it up in a bit. I've tidied the kitchen and lounge and put away heaps of clean laundry and taken out all the bins :) I brought out one of Nate's toys that I hid and he's having a whale of a time with it. Need to get some clothes on stinko. He's enjoying being naked and a giant. I swear he's gotten taller again.

I'm knitting it in cotton with stocking stitch/moss stitch zig-zags and a moss stitch border. It should be about 4 ft square when finished but I've only done about a foot so far, so still a long way to go. I've attached a photo, but the zig-zags don't show up very well and the green is a bit more lime than it looks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 54
Ok so mum tells me, after pudding that she didn't have any quark so used mascapone instead! Nice one mum! Lol such a sabbatuer.
B: full flabbers 1.5 syns for sausages and brown sauce
D: sw lasagna. .. fabulosa And salad. Mum's death through syns limoncello tiramisu "I didn't use cream!" Yeah, great. She used mascapone, fat free fromage frais and light philly... then she adds she put lemon curd in if too. I'm banning her from bringing pudding again! Her and dad also shared a bottle of wine and dad fell asleep on the sofa! While Nate did some dancing and some doctoring etc
S: turkey and lettuce sandwich heb

I am a naughty weigher. I weigh before bed and when i get up. I have no idea why, habit? Anyhoo. This evening is read 17st 6lbs... so my evening weigh is 1.5lbs less than last week's morning weigh in! (I'm usually 3-4lbs more on an evening) looking forward to weigh in tomorrow despite mum's efforts! 17st 3lbs is my end of august aim to hit a stone. 17st 4lb and I'll have 3 stone to go. After this first stone I'm aiming for a second one to be gone before Christmas. If I get more then that's a bonus. I'm just aiming to try and keep going even on crappy days where I am exhausted and my hands don't work. I've an amazing skirt I bought at my lightest and I wore it to my niece's birthday last year. It was a bit of a splurge for me but, as mum pointed out, I never thought I could wear something like it. It was also hugely reduced in the sale. It's quite simple but I really look forward to wearing it again. And tights... last summer was my first, as an adult, where I bared my legs, although mostly i still wore tan tights. I'm looking forward to feeling confident like that again. And knowing that whatever it is I like they will have my size and my size won't necessarily be at the back of the rail.

All that said I know it is bit by bit. I've not planned this week's meals yet, or done my food shop! Thinking tomorrow. ..
B: banana berry porridge or fruit and yogurt depending on time. Hopefully we'll walk to meet mum and dad on the way
L: leftover jambalaya
D: roasted chicken pieces with new potatoes and veg.

I might pack the jambalaya with me so that if I walk to mum and dad's to pick up Nate i can get him some lunch and eat my lunch before we walk/bike back. I must rremember to book in Nate's stabbing. I'd given them our change of address and they still sent his booster reminder to our old address! His stabbing should be Thursday and hopefully they can do him after work. Thursday night mum and dad are dropping off the dog. Friday childminder can take Nate early so I'll leave ours at 11:20am to bus into town, walk to the childminder's, walk back to town, wait for the next bus (12:30 if on time) to get back to where I live to get to work for 1pm. Finish at 5pm, take the dog for a quick wee, get dinner sorted a bub in bed, then another small wee walk (can't go far with Nate in bed home alone!!) Hopefully the weekend will be nice and we'll be able to walk to the beach. Cosmo will have his new anti-pulling device so hopefully I'll feel more confident taking him out. I've got no grip these days and I worry he will just go off when he pulls because i can't keep hold and he pulls and drags all the time. I pulled a muscle across my back/shoulder last time. Stupid dog.

Enough rambling. Sleep!

3.5lb down. Walked to mum and dad's, back to work, back to mum and dad's, then a trip up the garden to the fruit trees, we picked figs, plums, greengages and cobbnuts. We went in the BBQ lodge and Nate asked if we could have a bbq, so guess what we're having tomorrow! Heh! Then Nate and I walked home and picked blackberries. Lots of walking today.
B: berry and banana porridge heb
L: jambalaya (so good I brought it with me from home) a pear
D: chicken, potato and carrots, broccoli and cauliflower
S: eat natural bar 10 syns

Still hungry so might have to get my munch on.

So tomorrow is bbq for tea. Ours is always homemade and low/syn free so that's fine. Going to do a pasta salad for lunch I think - if I can resist the leftover chicken! Just wondering about breakfast now.

yeah, there were only 2 ripe figs so we left those with mum and dad but the plum trees have been having their branches snap they are so laden down with fruit. we were laughing at nate, he kept picking a fig out to put in our bag and mum kept telling him to put it back, in the end she gave up and said ok, we could take out, but i slipped it out back into her basket.

we do keep ourselves busy. just done a big online shop to be delivered Wednesday afternoon. One of the church ladies said she though I looked a bit slimmer today which is nice. and mum seemed pleased, although she did call me a cow. lol. 1lb to hit my August target AND I've kept away from munching anything this evening. September's aim is 5lbs. No plans for September yet so should be ok. and life should be a bit easier with Nate at preschool again, but for 3 days. And HOPEFULLY I'll have finally picked a paint colour to go against the lounge paper and get ordering and getting messy! given my hands a rest from sewing tonight given the age it took to do the ordering.

Well done on the loss hun. You will have no problem hitting your August target. I just wish I could keep on track. Lose one, gain one. Sometimes for no reason. Had a weekend totally off plan. Away on holiday from tomorrow, so need some control otherwise will be looking at massive gains and months to lose it. Thinking about having a fresh start, but at another group?

what are you BBQ-ing for Nate today. Hope the weather is good for you x

How frustrating! Have a lovely time on holiday. Hope you find the right answer for you when you are back.

Looong day today. I'm wiped out!
B: rice pudding and fruit
Off to work
L: chicken pasta salad. An apple
Finish work, tidy kitchen, make syn free potato salad, walk to park. Play at park until 4:15pm, walk to mum and dad's., twice up and down their 2.5 acre garden! Uphill!
D: bbq chicken, lamb and syn free burgers, syn free potato salad and bbq peppers, onions, mushrooms and corn on the cobb
I stuck to diet coke while mum and dad got... tipsy. Lol
Walk home. Get Nate to bed, water the plants.
D: chewy delight heb, chocolate 11.5

Not had any hea yet. Absolutely shattered. I've not stopped until just now. I think it's bed when the neighbours kids go in. Lots of giggles and photos today :)

Back