How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

The lbs do add up. A lot of my friends are impressed by the big numbers, but I update fb every weigh in, so they've seen the gains and the weeks of half lbs, as well as the odd 4lb loss. Funnily I still get far more "likes" for the big loss weeks, but they are surprised by my total because it just kind of crept up on them lb by lb.

You will be at Target before you know it. I knew this was going to be a long journey so I'm just enjoying the ride :)

Well done for everything you are doing. I love reading through your food diaries :) what does tdml stand for? Lol x

Hi huni,

Well done on your weight loss this week. You're doing so fab. Hope your mum does as well as you've been doing and that she doesn't take over your kitchen. xx

Ohhh okay lol I don't like Turkish delight! Lol xxx

Hey you have an avatar! *waves to the tiny photo*

I think TD is an old people thing. And even though I'm in my 20s I act like i'm in my 80s! haha

Super excited. Months ago I was asked to be the content editor for a facebook page on Lyme Regis (where I live), and I've just been invited to a restaurant opening that should be end of Feb/beginning of March. Woowee! Yay.

Yeah I thought id ads a photo meant find one of me on my own so one of me and the OH will have to do lol
that is very exciting news! Well done !!! I would be really excited too make sure you keep it SW style haha xxx

Do you know what this century club is all about. I don't understand any of that xxz

Wow you need to tell me how to do it lol. Would love to eat ice cream and still lose weight lol xx

They changed the profile yesterday so when I went in to update stats it automatically ticked the Century Club badge and there was no way to untick it! They've now updated it so you can select 'No badge' in your profile settings. Phew! I felt like such a fraud!

It was a couple of things, deciding what events I didn't mind gaining weight for. Managing syns for the rest of the week, i.e. have 5-10 a day, not going, "well Sod It now!" and scoffing everything in sight, just following the plan the other 6 days, basically balancing it out the way a person who doesn't need to manage their weight would. no guilt, just enjoying it. it was one scoop, I hadn't planned it, but my son didn't like ice cream (so now i don't bother picking it), and i enjoyed it. haha.

Eep, the houses I've been watching being built have finally come up on my housing list. 12 people ahead of me :( woe. I SO hope I get one (there are 4 I qualify for). It'd mean Nate would still go to the local pre-school, with the kids he knows, and carry on up to primary school with the same kids. I'd be able to get the bus to go to the same SW class too. Ooh, I would happy have all the weight I have lost plop back on me overnight to lose all over again should I get one.

That's a good way of looking at it really. I'm really scare to binge as I was devastated when I out in 1/2 a pound over New Years haha I've got this little person telling me I have to lose every week which I now won't always happen lol

hope everything goes okay for you then with the house situation :) xxx

I think gaining weight, and learning to bounce back into losing again is very important in learning how to stay at target when you reach it. If all you know is how to lose and race to target you might find yourself a bit lost when it comes to maintaining, not getting the weekly "I've lost" rush. I know the weeks where I have gained I have learned more about myself than the weeks i've had a good loss.

I hope you got some sleep! I think you're taking the right stance though. My aunt and uncle had a terrible time because they kept giving in, so they had years of kids in their bed.

I agree with what you say about learning to bounce back. I was petrified of gaining when I first started - in fact I left SW last time, years ago, after my first STS. December was a tricky month with staff parties and I lost 1.5lbs before putting on 2.5 over Christmas. If that had happened at the start I would be so demoralised, but getting myself to face the scales each week was an achievement in itself. I found peace with the fact there was a reason for the STS or gain and that it had been my choice. No need to feel guilty - I just had to make the on plan choices the next week!

Well this was the third time in 4 days. He didn't take to sleeping through for a long time and I'm not having him start that up again. He is just about to have a nap, and because mum won't let me cook stew (tonight's tea) and lunch is left over soup or left over diet coke chicken they can just heat up whatever they want and I can get some sleep. Lunch takes as much prep and cooking as tea, and I did a full English for mum and I so I can do with some non cooking and washing up time. My right arm is really hurting if I lift anything or clench it, or just move it, so I'm really glad of less cooking today.

My group is pretty great with gains, whatever week it is you know you won't be the only one. Expecting to lose a lot of weight without a gain is pretty unrealistic, unless you lock yourself in a cupboard until it is all gone, in which case you won't have learned how to manage the weight in the real world and will put it back on. The times of pizza etc are pretty far between so it is a treat, not an everyday thing, which probably helps with losing weight. The 4lbs from the other week came off easy because of the Xmas gain. Now I'm back making a dent into fat that's more than a decade old. It sounds so gross when I think of it like that. I just need some sleep to give me back my energy.

The snow was a big fat bust. We got some, and it was so pretty when falling little nate's eyes lit up. But it didn't really stick and just looked a bit sorry for itself, not enough for snow angels. Thankfully the quails aren't bothered by it.

Right, nap time!

Nap was lovely. Just what I needed. Arm still hurts though :( Food's been fine today again.

b: 2 ww sausages (1 syn), bacon, egg, beans, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes. Nate helped eat it too. hehe.
l: left over diet coke chicken and left over mash (left over queen)
s: apple, banana
d: stewwwww nom. 1 slice of whole meal bread from a 400g loaf (3 syns)

Didn't have my a or b choices so I heated up 250ml semi skimmed milk (hea) and mixed it with an options (2 syns) and had two alpen light bars (heb)

So I am on 6 syns for the day (wed 13, thurs 11, fri 6) and I have a yogurt out but i don't really want it so I shall save the 91cals and pop it back away.

I was a fool and took out too much stewing beef from the freezer for the stew so doing a chunky chilli for tea tomorrow and using the mince for a lasagna on Sunday so I can pop the chicken thighs in the freezer. So glad I plan things out so I'm happy to swap things about and still feel in control.

Ah I posted my weight loss photos on the weightloss photo forum bit, and someone posted a link to their blog, now everytime anyone comments on my photos (e.g. well done) she keeps saying thanks and taking credit. Now am I being normal and both being amused and annoyed by her, or am i being mental and really the comments are aimed at her? haa oh well. I'm sticking to being amused.

Hi Fran sorry to hear your arm is giving you trouble its crap isnt it when your in pain. Your planning ahead is great, I try to but it doesnt always work as OH and son are so fussy. I used a slimmatea last night - still not worked yet so will have another tonight ( I had to put a little sweetener in it) theyre not the nicest of teas.

Looks like were going to be snowed in here over the weekend so gives me time to cook for a few days meals :D

Back