How to tell if im in ketosis

Sweet Cheeks

Hello again :) Ive been and bought myself some ketostix today from the chemist, Only thing is i dont know how to read them :ashamed0005: What colour should it be if u are in ketosis because mine is the palest pink after the negative sign

Does this mean im in ketosis? I only ask this as i havent had much of the signs everyone is talking about ie: The bad breath, I only had headaches on the first day, no sickness nothing

Any advice is welcome

think the darker they are means ur in ketosis

Any colour apart from the first means you are in ketosis, it may get darker as the week goes on but congrats your there! I never suffered any of the signs apart from my mouth feeling like Ghandi's flip flop

haha thanks thank god im in ketosis :) My mouth does feel i little bit gooey xx

Hi sweet cheeks, I just bought some of those ketostix things as well.

Just noticed your ticker, it seems like you want to lose a massive amount for someone that doesnt seem that overweight.

Is that right?? or am i reading it wrong??

Oh I didnt even think about buying any.. maybe I'll get some later. Although with the mammoth headache I had 2 days ago Id say pretty much I was . Felt like a drill =(

Haha i know my first day was dreadful but after that ive been fine thats what made me buy them because i wasnt getting any of the side effects everyone talks about xx

Hi elousie :) I need to lose about 5 n a half stone to get me into the correct range for my height as im only 5"1 at the min i weigh 14st n half a pound classed as obese so i want to get to around 8 n a half stone maybe 9 i will have to see how i feel when i get down to that, when i went for my weigh in even the pharmacy looked a lil shocked at my actual weight and said 'Oh you dont look like you weigh 14st' as if to say i look like i weigh less (Which i guess is a blessing :)

So i may feel happy at around 9 stone im just gunna ride with it and see how things go

I got down to about 10st and 7lbs quite a few years back and wanted to lose a lil bit more so maybe ill be happy at 9st :)

Ahhh right, the height explains it now.

I was about 10 st 7 about 6 years ago and i'm 5 ft 7, I still felt fat though

LOL i know its because im a shorty it doesnt look right when i carry alot of weight, when i got down to around 10st i still didint look right so i might feel great at 9st so may stop at that see what my pharmacist says :)

Hi Sweet Cheeks,

I'm only 5'1" too :D I'm currently 12.12lb (from 15.5lb) and can't remember being less than 11.7 since having my first baby. I'm not really sure what to set my goal at.
It's not fair that our ideal weights are so low cos we are shorties hehe :p

I know lol if only i was a bit taller i wouldnt have that much to lose :)

Congrats on losing what you have done so far by the way :)

I've never bought ketostix coz I've always figured that I must be in ketosis as I was following TFR to the letter (no cheating) & I was losing weight each week :)

Back