How to use up potatoes?

mini-mummy

Hi!

I've cooked up some potatoes for my tea, but I've done too many! I was thinking of doing something with them and taking them to work tomorrow for my lunch, but I can't think of anything other than potato salad which would involve mayo. How would you use them up?
:)

You could use them to make a spanish omlette

I would cube them and mix them up with a clove of garlic and some finely chopped red onion with some fat free fromage frais and a little seasoning to make a free potato salad.

x

Soup
Wedges
Frittata
Potato scones
Curry
Cottage pie topping

Lots of things - or you could just put them in the fridge and use them tomorrow

Bombay potato
Tortilla
Fry in fry light for part of cooked breakfast
Fishcakes
Fish pie topping

Ooh lots of ideas, thank you! I like the idea of doing a potato salad with fromage frais. Hadn't heard of that. I'll have a ratch around in my cupboards and see what I can put together, I may have enough stuff to make a soup which would be nice for my lunch! x

Hi i had some left over potatoes cooked the other day so i defrosted some bolognese sauce i had in the freezer and covered the potatoes with it, added 42g low fat cheddar grated.
I then took it to work and microwaved it the cheese melted lovely and it was a really nice lunch.

I had left-over mash the other day, so I added an egg and a HEA portion of cheese, then shaped them into fairly thin patties (about 1cm in thickness) and fried them in Frylight over a medium heat.

They. Were. Gorgeous. So much so, that I'm going to make them regularly from now on. I make my own tomato sauce and we had them with that.

A fritatta! I saw a fab recipe that had onions and potato in a fritatta with some herbs that you could eat hot or cold - i think it was in one of the starter books actually.

I will try and fish it out at home this evening and post it up xx

rosti , grate with onion and make into patty , bake for 25 min , frylight them make a curry sauce and dip away..

Back