How will your diet cope with Valentine's day?

Well it wouldn't be so bad but they put the damn stuff out on 1 January along with the Easter eggs!!

This annoys me so much! And they put so many cards out that they have to limit the choice of birthday cards .... and I need birthday cards in February!

I am having Saturday and Sunday of plan : ) as it's my birthday weekend I've done this a few times and it all depends how you feel with a gain, I'm fine as I've lost 5 stone and almost at target so a few occasional treats don't harm me, if I'm honest it puts be back in the sw frame of mind : ) 2 weeks ago I had the weekend off and had. 3 1/2 lbs loss : ) I was over the moon, what I mainly do is have less syns all week then hope the weekend I won't be too over my syns but if I do have a gain it's fine. I am only human after all. Hope everyone enjoys weither it's on or off plan x

Princessstevie you sound very focused, pass some this way. I'm hoping to save enough syns all week for some damage limitation, fingers crossed but it is really a game of chance doing it this way I think...

I am having Saturday and Sunday of plan : ) as it's my birthday weekend I've done this a few times and it all depends how you feel with a gain, I'm fine as I've lost 5 stone and almost at target so a few occasional treats don't harm me, if I'm honest it puts be back in the sw frame of mind : ) 2 weeks ago I had the weekend off and had. 3 1/2 lbs loss : ) I was over the moon, what I mainly do is have less syns all week then hope the weekend I won't be too over my syns but if I do have a gain it's fine. I am only human after all. Hope everyone enjoys weither it's on or off plan x

Wow, look at you, you have done so well! I am not worried about a gain I have made my mind up to just go and enjoy the time and re-focus when I get back. Have a lovely birthday. :D

We don't really do Valentine's Day but since it also happens to be Friday, we're getting a takeaway. Chicken with black bean sauce, loads of boiled rice, Muller light for puds. Might even go mad and pop some crushed meringue nest in to fancy it up. Sorted. Plus my WI is Saturday morning lol.

We are going to have an "us" evening once the kids are in bed on Saturday to I'm going to see what takes my fancy from the new SW recipe book then instead.

I'm a bit anti-valentines to be quite honest. I just think it's an excuse for people to be lazy in their relationships the rest of the year - But darling I got you roses which I put no thought into at all for valentines!

We won't be doing much other than spending the evening together relaxing! In the past we've gone to the pub to watch the football and last year I spent the entire evening in bed although I was 37 weeks pregnant!!

We don't usually do Valentines Day but this year we are having a couple of nights away from the kids but its more a coincidence really and that it was a present from the kids for us. I will be having lots of treats though! We will be having lasagne and wine and hopefully a desert on the Friday and then Saturday eve we are going out for a meal and will eat whatever around that!

The thing is that ONE meal out of 21 will not wreck your week. I've even been considering getting that M&S meal deal for £20 as they're lovely but the kids will be in so they'll nick the puddings anyway (great for my weight loss lol). Theres nowt that says romance like having the 3 of them around hogging the remote!

This annoys me so much! And they put so many cards out that they have to limit the choice of birthday cards .... and I need birthday cards in February!

I agree! I needed a 'Thinking of you' card and it took me two days and a LOT of shops to finally find one!

Update: Well it's 5.30am, can't sleep had the 'office lurgy' for the past 3 days now. Still been to work put feeling decidedly :sign0137: in the afternoons. Interesting, I had been trying to save syns and have only had the odd few per day since Monday. When I weighed yesterday I had a STS. So, I will have a nice meal tonight and tomorrow and see what the scales say next Thursday??

I have decided to try and limit my syns by planning what I'm having from the Indian. Hopefully will limit the damage a little bit. I've set a limit of 40 syns. Not sure if this is the right way to flexi syn but it's worth a try!!

Happy v day all!!

Happy Valentines Day everyone :cupid: :heartpump:

Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever your plans are xx

My lovely other half is cooking a romantic SW steak dinner (we are both doing SW) and I am doing the pud...doing individual trifles a sponge finger, frozen raspberries, hartleys jelly pot and little low fat custard pot between us (half the syns) and topped with 0% Greek yoghurt with a bit of sweetener.

Happy valentines day everyone and don't forget the greatest love we should have is for ourselves ❤️

I have decided to try and limit my syns by planning what I'm having from the Indian. Hopefully will limit the damage a little bit. I've set a limit of 40 syns. Not sure if this is the right way to flexi syn but it's worth a try!!

Happy v day all!!

My understanding is that this is the right way to flexisyn, but some work out total syns for a week and 'bank' some for the weekend and have a bit of a blow out. For some it works, but not for others. I am giving it a try to see what the results are.

My understanding is that this is the right way to flexisyn, but some work out total syns for a week and 'bank' some for the weekend and have a bit of a blow out. For some it works, but not for others. I am giving it a try to see what the results are.

Don't worry about what happens weightwise; just have a lovely time and enjoy it. Life is too short to spend not to treasure 'treats' like this. If you have a gain, you know what to do to get rid of it and all it's likely to mean is a small delay in reaching target and surely that's a price worth paying!

Happy Valentines everyone! :)

Fortunately *hides* I'm not a chocolate fan, so I managed to buy my OH a huge block of it without being tempted, and I don't drink so not phased there - but ohhh gimme something savory and I'd bite your arm off to get it - our options are comfort-type food because we've both not slept very well and are feeling delicate - pitta pizza with a mugshot, or a mini Chinese (homemade rice with chips and just pick up some sauce and veggie rolls from the takeaway) I'm still yet to decide - someone choose for me or I still wont have eaten at midnight!

Hope everyone's having a lovely day!
X

I'm actually really obsessed with the cheese one - it's my go to for comfort - though I am aware they are gross (just can't help myself!) But yes, think Chinese bits will be slightly nicer! :)

Back