How would you feel

I doubt it would affect me personally but I don't think it is a very honest thing to do. Like others, I can't see that they would benefit much from going to a SW class - other than getting awards.

These diets are at odds with sw ethos to teach you how to cook/eat differently to manage your weight
I feel that the c and the rest of the group should know the truth, and she should not be entitled to any sw awards, etc
I think my c would ask her to leave

teen said:
I didnt tell the other members cause there is no need for them to no but thought it was right to let the leader no

Even so, they'll unknowingly appreciate it, I'm sure.

Met a friend of mine yesterday who is a consultant and put this question to him. Bit shocked at the response to be honest.
He said he wouldn't do anything.

Yeah, why would they though? As long as they don't allow them to achieve SOW etc, then those people are just extra cash. Plus the Consulatant's earning power is determined by number of people who go and stay to group. So telling them to go could result in them dropping from 40% earnings to 25%!

I don't go to class but if I did I would be very annoyed if I was bringing fruit for the SOTW prize and some cheat who isn't following the diet at all was walking off with the prize. I know from when I attended classes some years ago that some of the longstanding members were quite competative about SOTW and even the raffle!! I wouldn't like to be in that person's shoes if the rest of the class found out if my old class was typical. lol

I really don't care. Plus, if the competition is tough for SOTW it means you must have had a really good week to get it.

Will probably get flamed for that ^ but it is my opinion.

JemmaBe said:
I really don't care. Plus, if the competition is tough for SOTW it means you must have had a really good week to get it.

Will probably get flamed for that ^ but it is my opinion.

I do get what you mean actually, but i think the problem most people would have is someone being rewarded & recognised for being 'good' when in fact they are following a completely different diet, where they are regularly going to loose large amounts of weight by its very nature.

Whilst i don't care about someone winning SOW, i do care about the deceit & Dishonesty, but mostly, i just don't get why some wod torture themselves by going along & listening to all the food talk - plus if you are on a VLCD youprob can't eat most of the stuff you'd get in the SOW basket!!!

I went to Weight Watchers for a while whilst following the SW plan. The reason I went was because I wanted a place to weigh in to make me stick to the plan and there wasnt a SW group convenient for me - so I used WW as a WI point basically. I couldnt have stuck to their plan as I got something like 59 points a day which I couldn't in a million years have eaten without raiding the chocolate cupboard and most likely putting weight *on* :confused:

So in a way I was on a comparatively-low calorie diet whilst at WW :D

ermintrude said:
I went to Weight Watchers for a while whilst following the SW plan. The reason I went was because I wanted a place to weigh in to make me stick to the plan and there wasnt a SW group convenient for me - so I used WW as a WI point basically. I couldnt have stuck to their plan as I got something like 59 points a day which I couldn't in a million years have eaten without raiding the chocolate cupboard and most likely putting weight *on* :confused:

So in a way I was on a comparatively-low calorie diet whilst at WW :D

They dont have sotw at ww tho, and also any classes i went to you didnt have to 'declare' your weight loss in the same way as sw, so maybe it would attract less attention if someone was losing half a stone everyweek. I think ww and sw are similar in terms of expected weight loss too.

if it works for them, their money is as good as anyone elses, and maybe they want to learn the sw way of life for after OR find a vlcd hard and use sw on the off days

maybe theyre not 100% and get ashamed of saying so, so use the sw meeting in conjunction

is it that different from those who will abuse laxatives,drink less, eat less etc before the meetings to make the numbers as low as possible?

I would be pretty p*ssed off if someone in my group was pretending to be following SW if they were really following something else and no-one knew about it!!

I had a gastric band fitted 2 years ago and lost almost 4 stone with it, when I got pregnant last year I had to get the band de-filled (completely empty of saline at 5 weeks pregnant) due to morning sickness, I was to have this refilled after my 6 week check-up but decided to try SW 3 weeks after having my baby and I haven't looked back. 3 weeks after joining SW I stood up and told the whole group and my consultant that I had a gastric band and that it wasn't doing anything because it was empty so any weight I was loosing was 100% down to me and slimming world and not because of my band, everyone (except 1 b*tch) appreciated my honesty and are now thrilled for me when I have good losses at group!

I hate my band, if I could get it removed I would but it would probably cost me a fortune, it cost me £7k to get it put in so it can stay there for the forseeable future as long as it causes no problems!

I wanted to get it out in the open so no-one could b*tch about me behind my back and accuse me of misleading my group. I'm absolutely loving SW and love being able to eat what I want and not be restricted to tiny portions and constant vomiting from food getting stuck. Just wish I had have been able to stick to SW before I got my band....would have saved me a fortune!! :rolleyes:

On a side note, a youngish lad in my group has lost 4 stone 3 lbs in 15 weeks and wins SOW every week, and to be honest I didn't even question how he may be doing it...I just think it's amazing that he's doing it at all!!!

Unless this lad has a lot of weight to lose this really scares me. A friend's 16 year old child has just been committed into hospital with anorexia. I do hope that the C is keeping a watchful eye on this and it's not turning into an obsession...

Unless this lad has a lot of weight to lose this really scares me. A friend's 16 year old child has just been committed into hospital with anorexia. I do hope that the C is keeping a watchful eye on this and it's not turning into an obsession...

Oh no, he's a big lad and comes with his family who are all losing weight too.
And when I say young, I'm talking in his 20's....young to me!
Plus I think we can safely say that anorexia doesn't just afflict youngsters only so you could actually say this about anyone losing a lot of weight!

Back