Howdy........Restarting SW and wondered if anyone wants to buddy up :)

want2lose

Hi all

I ve just recently restarted SW after a long period of belly expansion!!! I ve been steadily putting on weight for the last couple of years following an unsucessful round of IVF and its took until seeing my picture in a dress at my brothers wedding to realise enough is enough and its time to chow down !!!

I'm day 2 into SW and feeling good thus far!!!!!!! I m hoping to lose 2 to 3 st and wondered if anyone wants to buddy up?
I ve no idea what day to weigh etc and not going to a class so any direction would be well appreciated... Just taking one day at a time and hoping to find some motivation and chat with peeps at the same time!!!

Lis
X

Hey.
I'll buddy up with you :) I go to a class (for now anyway) and weigh in on a Thursday. At the moment I have 1 stone 13lbs to lose x

Hi Girls, I'm also a re-starter... Had a pretty good 2011 (almost 3st), 2012 went to pot after Christmas... struggled along until May (very half heartedly) and re-joined last Thursday now 2st heavier than Christmas, but I and am really, really pleased to be back and in control..
I want to lose 3st... infact make that I WILL lose 3st

I joined a class yesterday so good luck to everyone and hopefully we'll see those scales go downwards quick smart :)

Hi ya FionaMcd

Nice one !!! Always good for motivation to buddy up!! I ve already messed up and weighed myself on different scales so as of today I m 13st 6lbs :(
Oh well only 3lbs out lol
Xxx

Hi debridger

I vefound it easy to restart this time( only 3rd day in though )
Sounds like you did really well before !!!

Hi flymetodunoon

Cheers good luck to you too
Xx

Are any of you sharing your food diaries on here ??
Xxx

Hi all. There's a fab sw from home thread in the stickie section, check it out, we're all lovely! It is really important to chat to people that understand, especially when you're unable to get to a group. Was 15 stone in Feb, started running and lost a bit, started sw end of June at 13st11lb and now 12st11lb. Weigh in is Thursday morning for me. I'm enjoying it but find it really tough at times, this place is a godsend!!

Hello! Seems like there's lots of new joiners at the mo! Happy to buddy up with anyone who wants some support - diary link is below. Been doing SW from home since Jan and gone from a big size 18 to an average 14 and found it ridiculously easy. So easy in fact I got complacement and have STS for a few months but back on it now!

If ur doing it from home it's worth finding the weigh in thread for whichever day you do - nice to get support from others and encourage each other. Starting your own diary is also good for a bit of a rant or to get some help!

Good luck all! X

I do go to class, and WI Thursday evening.....
so far, I'm doing OK, I just had a poor 6 months this year, but, I know I can do it - I know feel ready to tackle it!!!

My food diary is in my signature - please pop by, I find reading diarys great, it gives you ideas, encouragement both ways, and makes you realise when you're struggling you're not the only one...

Hi guys

Well today other than doing my back in :( I ve done well (I think)

B- baked beans and bubble and squeak (weird I know but nice!!)
S- apple
L - left over chicken ciccatorie and pasta
D- chicken and leek pilaf

HexA milk
HexB alpen light bar

Syns
2.5 - 1 x Jaffa cake
?? - brown sauce
4 - Cous Cous cake
1.5 - Greek style cherry mullerlight???

Thanx for all the hello's ... The support on here is fab and your diaries are such inspiration :)
So here's to day 3... However Friday night is a meal round the in laws which could go either way.. She's been fab at sw but there will be wine involved!!
And the hubby wants to go for a meal and cinema on sat so better start researching the eating out thread!!!!!!

Xxx

Today was EE

I missed brekkie so had an apple tut tut

L- baked beans and syn free chips
T- meatballs n pasta
Stewed fruit for pudding nom nom
I m sure stewed fruit has a syn value??

Hexa milk
Hexb - whoops tut tut

Syns
1- brown sauce
4- cous cous cake

Wow that's not alot for me... Am starting to worry I won t lose cause I m not eating my hex etc.,
:(

It doesn't seem like a lot of food tbh. Maybe try making sure you have your he's, and at least 5 syns a day. you don't want to eat too little otherwise your body will be naturally think your not getting enough food and go into starvation mode. This will lead to no or very very little loss x

want2lose said:
Today was EE

I missed brekkie so had an apple tut tut

L- baked beans and syn free chips
T- meatballs n pasta
Stewed fruit for pudding nom nom
I m sure stewed fruit has a syn value??

Hexa milk
Hexb - whoops tut tut

Syns
1- brown sauce
4- cous cous cake

Wow that's not alot for me... Am starting to worry I won t lose cause I m not eating my hex etc.,
:(

Hiya

If you're doing extra easy you should really try and get your 1/3 super free into your main meal as it limits the amount of eg. chips that you have. It is sometimes difficult to get that into comfort food type things like chips and beans, but try maybe having some fruit beforehand or a cup of superfree soup.

Pasta and meatballs is fine if you had it in a tomato sauce for superfree! Also, stewed fruit does have a syn value, I'm not sure what. Cooked or puréed fruit is synned because when it's cooked you change the structure of the cells, meaning that it's not as filling. Also you can eat much much more fruit in purée, smoothie or cooked form, so by synning this type of fruit you protect your losses.

This means, that really you haven't had your superfree for lunch and I'm not sure about dinner. You also really need to try and get your healthy extras in as they ensure that you have enough fibre and calcium in your diet. I would agree with the previous poster that you might want to be eating more, and more syns. If you're at the beginning of your journey, try having more syns (you can always reduce later if you need to).

I hope that doesn't sound too critical - I think you're doing better than I did when I started! I had to read and re-read my books for weeks before I got it! Overall you're doing well and it's the start of, I'm sure, a very successful weight loss journey :)

Xx

want2lose said:
Hi guys

Well today other than doing my back in :( I ve done well (I think)

B- baked beans and bubble and squeak (weird I know but nice!!)
S- apple
L - left over chicken ciccatorie and pasta
D- chicken and leek pilaf

HexA milk
HexB alpen light bar

Syns
2.5 - 1 x Jaffa cake
?? - brown sauce
4 - Cous Cous cake
1.5 - Greek style cherry mullerlight???

Thanx for all the hello's ... The support on here is fab and your diaries are such inspiration :)
So here's to day 3... However Friday night is a meal round the in laws which could go either way.. She's been fab at sw but there will be wine involved!!
And the hubby wants to go for a meal and cinema on sat so better start researching the eating out thread!!!!!!

Xxx

Looking at this one, I would say you need to increase your breakfast superfree (unless your bubble and squeak is mostly veg). Maybe have a piece of fruit before hand? I love having magic porridge with lots of fruit, but it uses your HExB which you might want to save.

Magic porridge: 35g porridge oats, 150g fat free natural yoghurt, sweetener to taste - mix these and leave in fridge overnight. In the morning mix in some berries and a chopped banana. Eat cold and enjoy :)

Xx

Hi all - I'm re-joining on Monday evening after trying to go it alone (and piling it back on). I would like to lose about 2 stone I think. I'm fantastic with my meals but its the crap that I eat in between that destroys everything (and I can properly binge!!!)

Just got back from 2 weeks in France where I ate loads of cheese, pate etc drank every night and sometimes a cheeky beer around the pool in the afternoon (sometimes? who am I kidding!!). When I got back I'd put a pound on, though in the 2 weeks since getting back I've put 2 on!!! And I'm convinced its because on holiday I dont really snack (possibly because I'm never alone, always with family or the other friends we share the cottage with). So I know if I can get my snacking under control I'll win - and thats why I need to go back to class

Good luck to us all and may be nice to just keep this thread going to keep up with each other?

Cheers everyone

Fab advice oasis6918 and katd90 and just what I need to understand this all :)
I ve always done either red or green days previously and for some reason my head is fraggled when it comes to EE but I reckon I ll crack it eventually thanks to all your help
Defo gotta take note of the super free foods starting from today
I m gutted about the stewed fruit though .. It's sooooo nice!!!!!!!!
Goingtobeskinny and jen3 .....,,I m a nightmare too with snacking so I ve been concentrating on drinking lots of water.. Don t know whether this will back fire but I ve been putting an extra sweetener in my coffee mid morning and this seems to keep the snacking at bay??

Xxx

Hello everyone, I joined SW on wednesday so only on day 2. I have a large amount of weight to lose and really need to lose it and most importantly keep it off! I have lost weight before but I have now put all put 1 stone of it back on and I'm so gutted, can't belive I've done it to myself again.
But onwards and downwards hopefully, finding these boards a complete life saver!

Cheers everyone

Fab advice oasis6918 and katd90 and just what I need to understand this all :)
I ve always done either red or green days previously and for some reason my head is fraggled when it comes to EE but I reckon I ll crack it eventually thanks to all your help
Defo gotta take note of the super free foods starting from today
I m gutted about the stewed fruit though .. It's sooooo nice!!!!!!!!
Goingtobeskinny and jen3 .....,,I m a nightmare too with snacking so I ve been concentrating on drinking lots of water.. Don t know whether this will back fire but I ve been putting an extra sweetener in my coffee mid morning and this seems to keep the snacking at bay??

Xxx

EE isn't mandatory.... you could do just red / green if you want....I personally have a mixture of all 3 plans, depending on what's going on, what's in the fridge / cupboard, and what I fancy.....
this last week for example
Fri: Green
Sat: EE
Sun & Mon: red
Tues: green
Wed & Thur:red

I make a pot of superfree veg soup, anything really that's in the superfree list, cooked with oxo and blitzed..... this means that A) it fills you up a bit, so you reduce your non superfree componenets in your meal, B) you're getting your superfree, C) its tasty.
I'll often use frozen veg as it's always at hand, and pretty cheap too

Stewed fruit syns vary,
apple - 2.5 p/100g, banana - 5 p/100g, figs 2 p/100g
although you can have some as your HEB eg 370g apple, 400g plums, 350g pears

fresh fruit, yogurt, make good syn free snacks, how about freezing some grapes, I'm told that they're like sucking sweets, make up a dip for veg sticks maybe with some ff yogurt or ff fromae frais, add some herbs and spices... I make a sort of mint & cucumber raita for when I have a curry... or maybe make some ice lollies with some sugarfree cordial or make up some sugarfree jelly - that's only 1.5 syns per sachet

Just a few ideas, hope they help

Back