Howdy........Restarting SW and wondered if anyone wants to buddy up :)

Debridger said:
EE isn't mandatory.... you could do just red / green if you want....I personally have a mixture of all 3 plans, depending on what's going on, what's in the fridge / cupboard, and what I fancy.....
this last week for example
Fri: Green
Sat: EE
Sun & Mon: red
Tues: green
Wed & Thur:red

I make a pot of superfree veg soup, anything really that's in the superfree list, cooked with oxo and blitzed..... this means that A) it fills you up a bit, so you reduce your non superfree componenets in your meal, B) you're getting your superfree, C) its tasty.
I'll often use frozen veg as it's always at hand, and pretty cheap too

Stewed fruit syns vary,
apple - 2.5 p/100g, banana - 5 p/100g, figs 2 p/100g
although you can have some as your HEB eg 370g apple, 400g plums, 350g pears

fresh fruit, yogurt, make good syn free snacks, how about freezing some grapes, I'm told that they're like sucking sweets, make up a dip for veg sticks maybe with some ff yogurt or ff fromae frais, add some herbs and spices... I make a sort of mint & cucumber raita for when I have a curry... or maybe make some ice lollies with some sugarfree cordial or make up some sugarfree jelly - that's only 1.5 syns per sachet

Just a few ideas, hope they help

Absolutely - you don't have to do EE if you don't want to! In fact if you already know and love the red and green plan then feel free to go for those ones :)

Some good ideas there from Debridger for superfree and snacks :) x

Cheers for the ideas they sound fab... I m actually warming to the idea of EE for flexibility but I love green days the best!!
Still gutted about the stewed fruit though lol
X

I'm joining again on Monday as well - I've put EVERYTHING and more back on since I left, and I refuse to be a big unhappy lump on my 30th in January.

Hey everyone I'm 3 weeks in and doing it myself from Home. I'd love to buddy up with some people. I've always done weightwatchers so this plan is new to me. As it stands I have 50 lbs to loose. Feels very scary!!

Well peeps with everyone's help on here we ll do it !!!! I want to lose 49 so we ve all seem to have a similar goal :0)
Xxx

Well yesterday was good food wise until a had a glass of wine.... Then it all went wrong.. Ended up having apple crumble and cheese and biscuits :( only a small amount but still syns none the less :(
Oh well I m behaving today !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well yesterday was good food wise until a had a glass of wine.... Then it all went wrong.. Ended up having apple crumble and cheese and biscuits :( only a small amount but still syns none the less :(
Oh well I m behaving today !!!!

Thats exactly where I go wrong - 1 glass of wine = loss of will power and I eat loads of crap!!! I notice our stats are pretty similar so hopefully we can help each other along the way!!! I may lower my goal as I get closer to it but will see what I look like when I get there!

Anyway girls I went and rejoined last night (heavier than ever) and am feeling focused today. Have worked out there are 18 more weigh ins till Christmas and I want to lose 27lb so thats an average of 1.5lb a week. Perfectly doable.....if I stick to it!

Well my first day yesterday was nearly ruined when my mate turned up last night with a bottle of cava in her bag!!! I was gutted but drank it with her and worked the syns out and I was just short of my 15 for the day so glad that I did work them out. Had only had 1.5 syns that day before then so was wondering what to use some on!!!

Food wise I had a great day

Hope you are all doing well

Not bad having Cava on your first day and within syns ... I loving that :D

Well just went for my weigh in and in my first week I lost 3.5lb so very pleased. And I stayed for class even though I wasnt going to with it being a bank holiday. Glad I did as its given me increased motivation for a more challenging week ahead. Its dh's birthday and he wants Indian takeaway, my consultant told me that chicken dhansak is only 6.5 syns so am having that. Then I've got a meal out on Wednesday night but am just going to have to make wise choices. Also supposed to be out on Saturday but might try to knock that one on the head.

Fingers crossed for next Mondays weigh in

Hi everyone,
It sounds like you're all doing great and being really supportive of each other.
I've been back on sw for about 3 weeks, just following extra easy on my own and weighing in on a Saturday morning (it makes me be good on Friday evening then!)
I have about 2 and a half stone to lose.
Can I buddy up with you guys for a bit of support along the way?

Welcome ecoshell - just keep this thread going xx

Thanks and will do. You're doing great jen3. Just been to my parents for dinner. Managed to resist the ice cream sundaes and have my 3 syns chocolate and raspberry sorbet instead.

Hi oasis6918. Yes I made it myself. It was based around a recipe from a sw magazine and was very easy to make.

To serve 4 people you need:
400g frozen raspberries
625g fat free natural yogurt
28g cocoa powder
Vanilla and or chocolate extract to taste
Sweeter to taste

Put frozen raspberries, yogurt and cocoa powder in a food processor and blitz together.
Add sweetner, and or chocolate extract and or vanilla extract to taste. Helps take the tartness off the raspberries.

Pour into container and freeze for about an hour until set.

It was supposed to serve 4 people with 3 syns per portion. However, 1 portion was way too much for me and after having some after dinner I have just separated mine into 5 smaller containers so i have ready made desserts waiting for me, probably at around 2.5 syns each (to err on the side of caution).
They're definitely more raspberry than chocolate but they're refreshing after a meal.

Back