Howdy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kimmy619, 15 February 2011 Social URL.

1. kimmy619

kimmy619 Member

Hi everyone. I have been lurking around the forum for a little while, but am yet to post so I thought that I would formally introduce myself :D

I have been trying to lose weight on and off for about 10 years. Everytime I start a new diet, I think that this will be the time that I finally lose weight and become happy and it has never really worked.

This year, I am getting married, so I am hoping that I can finally shed some pounds before my big day.

I need to lose a lot of weight - probably about 7 stones. I am under no illusions that this will happen before my wedding day, but I would like to make progess before then, at least so I will look okay in the pictures....:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kelliem

kelliem New Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi, Kimmy are you following any particular diet? I have just joined the site and starting on the WW plan tomorrow, am too getting married this year :love047:

Good Luck x

4. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

I'm sure you will look beautiful to your lucky man . Hope having some chats
    on here will help you know that most of the population it seems are struggling with weight lol . Good luck and happy slimming :) x

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Put up some pics of dresses, honeymoon places all things associated with weddings and use these as an incentive. You could start a thread in our brides to be too.

Irene xx

6. kimmy619

kimmy619 Member

I am *trying* to follow WW. We will see how it goes....

The evening is the hardest time for me. I will quite often munch on bread/toast whilst cooking my tea. I don't know why I am so greedy!

I am just concerned as time is so short. There is no point even looking for a dress yet as I am too big.

7. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Hi :) Not that I've tried them myself but have you thought about a VLCD? They're definitely no "easy option" (is there any such thing?!) but they can and do produce staggering losses in a really short period of time :)

8. kimmy619

kimmy619 Member

I just had to look it up to find out what it was :) I have tried calorie counting and didn't get on very well. One of my main problems is, is that I love cheese! Being a vegetarian, it is difficult to fill myself up with a plain salad or just veg!

9. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    Oh I feel your pain, I could eat cheese all day every day! Low-fat cheese is super-grim so I have to limit myself to cheese only once or twice a week (on a salad, or baked potato), I'd rather have lovely cheese less often then rubbish cheese every day!

There's a whole load of VLCD forums further down the board if you wanted to have a read up on them.

Good luck x

10. kimmy619

kimmy619 Member

I loooooooooooooooove cheese! Yum Yum! I can't control my portions of it either...lol

11. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    welcome to minimins good luck losing the lbs :)

12. Squirly1522

Squirly1522 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    My Own diet
    I know cheese is so good. I use to have it with apple juice as a snack. Good luck with everything

13. kimmy619

kimmy619 Member

Thanks everyone :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.