Hows everyone doing??

crystel

Hi all we how are you all doing?
Hope everyone is staying motivated and the weight is still coming off.
I,m ok feeling abit bored with the food but there isn,t such a thing as a non boring diet lol
I am still having one day off a week or i think i would really fall off the wagon!!
I have been finding the dinners all quite samey, but managing too stay mostly good for now x

Hi. Love GI food which is lucky. Plus do not normally have a sweet tooth at all which is double lucky!

However, yesterday had the grandaughter and had 2 fish fingers and some of those really big oven chips with tom sauce. Plus 3 bourbon biscuits. Not good but reeally did enjoy it.

Made a change from being so good! I am living in hope that it will have kick started weight loss as have been on a plateau....we'll see. :cool:

Hey Crystel!
I'm having the odd day off too - I have instituted the 'Faturday' routine which seems to work for me :) The weight's coming off steadily but surely - people have started noticing, which makes it all worth it!
I know what you mean about the food - it's lovely, but sometimes you just want a change.

Oh tell me more what is the Faturday routine lol
I have completely fallen off the diet for now, had so much stress on just couldn,t stay with it but have a new hamper for 5weeks so going too get back on it at the weekend.
Well done for sticking too it and losing the weight steadily thats the best way too do it anyway xx

Faturday - I love that! I will add the word to my vocabulary. My usual phrase is "I am going to have a SNACKETTE".

When I am going to have a pint of cider, I say "glass of appley goodness"

I think Crystel had it right in her first posting in this thread - "there is no such thing as a non-boring diet."

After the initial excitement of a 'new diet' wears off, I start to lose interest in my diet. Already I am more susceptible to the temptation of 'naughty foods' and to crazy diet adverts promising amazing weight loss in only 2 weeks.....

I am still really pleased to be continuing with the diet, so to be more upbeat, I am going to list my top 5 positive aspects of following this diet:

:p Already I feel more happier within myself - I feel confident and feel proud of my willpower.
:p I no longer obsess about food and my next meal (as I did before my diet).
:p I enjoy logging onto this forum.
:p I have saved money- I no longer spend £5 a day on lunch or buy sweets.
:p I can visualise myself as a size 12 and maintaining it

What are your 5 most positive thoughts at the moment? :eek:

I have just been having a bit of a read of other parts of this forum. There is a whole section called "get your head inside and your body will follow".

There are lots of great threads - motivational tips, book suggetions and crazy topics, such as my cat is not fat!

Hi Guys
hope everyone is well thought i would try too kick start our threads again as been very quiet on here lately
I have had lots of ups and downs as i know lots of us have, i have come too the conclusion that the whole principle of DC is too learn about healthy eating and portion control,
I did get totally bored with the food and throw a hissy fit lol
but i have worked out a great way of following a plan and it really suits me,
If any of you are really struggling too stick religously too DC foods it may help you.
In the morning i take out my DC meals and a snack but if i get too say breakfast and i don,t want my DC option i have something that is just an equal kcal intake ie instead of the breakfast bar i have two slice of light bread and low sugar jam, it means i stick too the same daily kcal intake but just get the variety that my body obviously needs.
Its really working for me, i have done two weeks like it without a wobble and thats good for me lol
Take care all keep up the good work xxxxxxxx

Hi all, I have had a few wobbly weeks and put on 3IB this week. So need to get head into gear. Crystel like your thinking on the swapping. My problem comes to when I don't have my son and he we his Dad. I like an add tipple but go overboard on it. But I had a few (too Many) yesterday and felt like hell this morning. But on Saturday had a couple and was fine Sunday. So like everything OK in moderation

San

Last edited:
I agree I swap about now, I'm bored of soup and runny meals, I have been extremely bad this week and various days out and meals out so haven't had any diet chef meals.
I Managed to stay the same this week which I'm really happy about which shows I've learnt to control my portions and also have good food choices, I'm going away on Friday for 10 days so that's going to be the test, I don't want to put weight on so I'm going to try and be good as much as I can perhaps with the odd treat! I never want to go back to 14 stone 6!

I swap some meals at the weekend. My way of staying on track is to add extra food to the plan, so I have more energy.

I find weekends a bit of a nightmare at the moment. There are lots of food festivals or nights out. Last week my team and I went out for a 'team building' Chinese meal - not ideal diet food!

I have not had any weight gains get, but my weight loss has slowed to 1 or 1/2lb a week.

Hi All
Lovely too hear back from you.
Glad i,m not the only one having wobbles lol
But guess it does prove that DC gives you a great tool too learning too eat more sensibly as we are all losing or not gaining weight.
I like Ra7475 like the odd tipple especially over the weekends and that is when my motivation goes, but i am trying too control it and make sure if i have a day off it really helps too be stricter during the rest of the week.
As small steps and becksie said slowly but surely is the way too go and i don,t weigh myself all the time now either, as after my hissy fit i just seem too stick for afew weeks not losing which made me more tempted too rebel lol, so now i take a months weight loss and thats working for me.
The food swapping around has been my saviour as although DC meals are much taster than most the textures are all pretty similar and i missed certain foods, variety is always good.
Hope you all continue too stay motivated and keep posting as the support from each other is a real boast xxxxxx

Hi all,

My weight loss has stalled! I have been trying to think where I have been going "wrong". I think I have been adding a few too many treats. I have been having hot chocolates, with cream at a Weatherspoon pubs (there is one next door to my office complex) - I had assumed the drink would be about 100 calories, I think I have been under estimating calories..... Their chocolate cake is 744 calories per slice (I'm so glad I did not have that too). There has been so many tempations recently.

I agreee with Crystel, it is frustrating when the scales stick, but I will keep going. I am attending a party in mid August, so I would like to be slimmer. I will add some exercise, to kick start the weight loss and stick to my calories more rigidly!

Back