how's this for renewed self control? (TMI)

curvygirlie

Sorry if TMI but had to share.

6 yr old daughter begged me for pizza for tea so bought her one from morrisons.

she only managed to eat 2 thirds of it. As i was taking the plate from the dining room into the kitchen i picked up a piece of pizza and took the biggest bite and starting savouring it.... then...

a little voice in my head said "WHAT ARE U DOING??? YOU'VE BEEN SO GOOD ALL DAY AND YOU'RE GONNA RUIN IT FOR THE SAKE OF A BITE OF PIZZA??? STOP!!!!"

So i stopped chewing and spat it in the bin.

I am so pleased with myself - not in the fact that i was tempted enough to actually eat the pizza, but that I managed to rein myself back in.:D

i am rather pleased (and surprised) with myself....:D

Now is that a change in attitude that you didn't expect? It is great isn't it. I did something similar too. No way was I going to jepodise my diet. One time only diet I might add :)

LOL!!! Well done!! I did that the other day with a big bit of brown bread and butter!!

I keep having to do it cos I forget I'm on dukan and keep tasting the dinners I make for my family to see of they're cooked, hot enough etc, can't believe the control I have though normally when 'on a diet' I'd still have a taste of everything!

oh Jade I can totally relate! My biggest test has been making pasta for Hubster and daughter. Even when i was dieting I'd usually have a mouthful of pasta to check it was al-dente, then a couple more when i'd mixed the sauce in.

Now, on Dukan i just pick up one piece of pasta, bite it in half to check it's done and put BOTH pieces in the bin. And i don't bother checking when the sauce is mixed in.

I have NEVER been this disciplined.. ever.:D

Back