HQ gave answer on couscous cake at last!!!

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
THIS IS AN OLD POST AND NO LONGER APPLIES sorry xx

Last edited:
thank god for that ive just eaten 4 cous cous muffins lmao im rather full got a couple left for emergencys as my hubbies away tonight

I was just about to ask this question as I'm dying to try the lemony one but not worth it if the couscous has to be synned!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thank you Rosie.... now I can go back to making couscous cake!
I would love to go to class and say nah nah :p to our Consultant.
I shall tell her tomorrow! :):D

the muffins are so simple
1 cup cous cous
1 toffee or vanilla muller light
1 egg
vanilla essence
5 tbsp sweetener

soak the cous cous in boiling water till all absorbed then mix in all other ingredients bake for 40 mins in muffin tin at 180

the muffins are so simple
1 cup cous cous
1 toffee or vanilla muller light
1 egg
vanilla essence
5 tbsp sweetener

soak the cous cous in boiling water till all absorbed then mix in all other ingredients bake for 40 mins in muffin tin at 180

Ok, newbie here.

Don't want to put the cat among the pigeons but are you not adding the cous cous as a dry ingredient here? Thereby....it must be synned? :lost::hitthefan:...runs away to hide.

Ok, newbie here.

Don't want to put the cat among the pigeons but are you not adding the cous cous as a dry ingredient here? Thereby....it must be synned? :lost::hitthefan:...runs away to hide.

It'll be cause the couscous has already been soaked (cooked) in the water, means that its not being added dry huni. xxxx

yeah u only syn it if its used dried which is not how it is intended to be used. So by soaking it and following the instructions it is free

Yeah :) thank you Rosie- it does make sense, but great that you have the official SW slant on it too :)

yeah u only syn it if its used dried which is not how it is intended to be used. So by soaking it and following the instructions it is free

DOH me - i missed the words "soak the cous cous in boiling water" :whoopass:

Although I cannot for the life of me understand why it makes a difference. Its the same stuff, and water has no calories or fat. I am assuming (dangerous i know) that they will be arguing that you will use more dry cous cous than if its bulked up by water, but bearing in mind these cakes are free......go figure? You can still eat a load of the cakes whether dry cous cous went in or not. :confused:

I think i have lost the plot somewhere with this.

Don't listen to me, i'm a naive and yet to learn newbie :p

DOH me - i missed the words "soak the cous cous in boiling water" :whoopass:

Although I cannot for the life of me understand why it makes a difference. Its the same stuff, and water has no calories or fat. I am assuming (dangerous i know) that they will be arguing that you will use more dry cous cous than if its bulked up by water, but bearing in mind these cakes are free......go figure? You can still eat a load of the cakes whether dry cous cous went in or not. :confused:

I think i have lost the plot somewhere with this.

Don't listen to me, i'm a naive and yet to learn newbie :p
The water does indeed swell the cous cous. After you let it soak the amount increases by a third. Anything with a high water content will fill you up quicker than foods that are low in water xx

some folk use couscous as a coating on chicken or fish so its like a breadcrumb if that makes sense. That way it would have to be synned as not soaked prior to using it.

Back