H's loss with a new attitude

Back eating the induction way for the past two days to get my body back in the swing of losing weight again, after working away. Induction flu has hit but it's a welcome sign. Went to bed at 9 last night and slept for 11 hours!!! Roast chicken tonight methinks :)

I'm just doing a roast chicken for my lunch, really looking forward to it :)

Noooo mines just gone in the oven and thinking about it has me sooo hungry now hahaha.

lol! I've tided myself over with mackerel salad. I thought I'd bought smoked mackerel but it was raw (I'm not a sushi fan). A quick evacuation of the salad and a zap in microwave did it, but it's the chicken I'm looking forward to the most :)

Good to be over the headaches etc of induction but having terrible trouble waking up in the mornings! It's like I have concussion for about an hour! My body must be rebelling!

Yes I reckon you are right about the induction flu! Although I tried to stay low carb throughout my 2 weeks away it wasn't always possible - so going through it again I guess!!!

Still hungover in the mornings - but it's not an 'ill' feeling so I'm not too worried. I think something else is going on to be honest - but it wasn't a good night anyway. I Had an early night and went to bed at 10. Woke up at 12.30 for bathroom then woke again at 2.30 as my car alarm went off. That meant getting up of course and checking the car (which was fine).

This morning we put new batteries in the really accurate scale and according to them. I'm 0.3 kg up on the start of the week. At least I know it's more accurate. The others had such a small dial I was probably misreading them a bit.

Just had two low carb sausages and peppers for brekkie and feeling good!

It took me a while to properly adjust to Atkins when I started back in November - felt pretty rough during the first couple of weeks as I recall.

Are you taking the appropriate supplements? I know from my own experience that that part of the plan sometimes gets neglected :eek:

Thanks yes I've got bucket loads of supplements. I have a feeling my allergy stuff is too strong and it's a dehydrating effect. But ..... and it's a big but..... I'm open to it being an induction complication too. I've been getting this since early July just before I started induction, although it does seem to be lingering. During my 2 weeks away (when I wasn't wholly low carb, I still had it) I'm drinking around 3 litres a day. I find it takes about an hour to wake up and feel ok.

It's not a major issue but does feel a bit odd in the morning.

This morning I put on a top I used to wear a lot and it's sooo baggy now. I so love baggy ;)

Ah. Sounds like it could be your allergy meds, then. If it persists then a visit to the doc would be the best thing I guess.

Well done on the baggy top! Always nice to chalk up a non-scale victory! :D

Are you getting enough salt? Its quite a common issue on Atkins - low carbers need a bit more than normal. I think the newest book recommends adding a teaspoon full to food or drinking some broth like marigold boillion daily. Worth a try?

ooh thanks! that's given me some further food for thought. I don;t often add salt but will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. :)

No change in weight today, but a huge step forward as I felt ok waking up! It was probably an extended induction flu lol. Yay! good to feel good again :)

Back