Hummus

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
I can't remember whether this qualifies as having a free food allowance??

I know certain sauces and dips don't.

I am wondering if I can work it out by the 20 calories = 1 syn or if I need to take into account a free food allowance, since the main ingredients is chickpeas and sweet potato.

It is my favorite variety and I couldnt resist a tub when I spotted some at my local store.

this is the nutritional info, just incase it does qualify for a free food allowance, if anyone can tell me the syn value.

(main ingredients being chick peas followed by sweet potato and then the usual hummus ingredients)

per 30g
calories: 60
fat: 3g
sat fat: 0.3g
carbs: 7g
of which sugar: 3g
fibre: 1g
protein: 2g

Last edited:
On 'the list' houmous is coming out as 2.5 syns for a level tbsp and 4.5 for 28g. Reduced fat is 1.5 and 3 for respective measures. Does this help?

OMG never eat it in a restaurant - average portion is 23 syns!!! lol

On 'the list' houmous is coming out as 2.5 syns for a level tbsp and 4.5 for 28g. Reduced fat is 1.5 and 3 for respective measures. Does this help?

OMG never eat it in a restaurant - average portion is 23 syns!!! lol

I think I need to go more by the nutritional information for this brand, rather than generically for all hummus, because various brands differ hugely. But I don't know if hummus qualifies for a free food allowance, so dont know if I can just use 20 calories = 1 syn to work it out, or I need the nutritional information checked on the syns calculator.

Yes it would get a free food allowance for the chickpeas. Sorry I can't help with the syn calculator but hopefully someone else can work it out for you. But failing that just count it as if it didn't have the allowance - i know it will come out higher but you will be erring on the safe side and it won't be hugely high in syns.

Yes it would get a free food allowance for the chickpeas. Sorry I can't help with the syn calculator but hopefully someone else can work it out for you. But failing that just count it as if it didn't have the allowance - i know it will come out higher but you will be erring on the safe side and it won't be hugely high in syns.

thanks Circes,

I wasn't sure if it does qualify or not, because I know some sauces etc with free foods in don't.

It is good to know anyway. I don't buy it that often, as it is hard to get this particular one, but when I do see it I can't resist as it is yummy.

I will use the 1 syn = 20 calories for now, and hopefully someone can work it out for me on the syns calculator. :)

1 Syn per package/portion on Extra Easy
1 Syn per package/portion on Green
3 Syns per package/portion on Original

Hello

this is what it came back with i used the syns calculator, alocating free food allowance for the chickpeas! hope ive helped!

1 Syn per package/portion on Extra Easy
1 Syn per package/portion on Green
3 Syns per package/portion on Original

Hello

this is what it came back with i used the syns calculator, alocating free food allowance for the chickpeas! hope ive helped!

thanks Jennibells, that is fab. Not bad at all. I am going to enjoy some for lunch :)

Hi Britmum,
I'm not sure which plan you follow but on GREEN you can use it as a HEB instead of having to syn it:

28g Houmous
S 28g Houmous Reduced Fat
57g Houmous Reduced Fat

Hope that helps! :)
xxxxx

Hi Britmum,
I'm not sure which plan you follow but on GREEN you can use it as a HEB instead of having to syn it:

28g Houmous
S 28g Houmous Reduced Fat
57g Houmous Reduced Fat

Hope that helps! :)
xxxxx

yeah, I had used bread for some crispy toasts, so didnt have another HEb spare.

thanks anyway :)

Back